Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What’s the schedule look like for the Pirates?
Nothing confirmed but hearing there will be some new teams on the Pirates schedule next season. Some they’ve never played before.
At Breathitt
Pike County Bowl GRC
At Pulaski County
Pikeville
4 district games. Morgan County is out of the district
Letcher Central not sure of location.

This is all tentative. Leaves one game needed.
No JC this year. Will play them in PCB next year from what I was told tonight.
When and where is the Estill district game?
We don’t know the home and away of the district games yet.
Who is Belfry picking up for the final regular season game? That Belfry JC game was a game fans from both sides looked forward to every year. I hated to see it end.
(01-27-2023, 11:00 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]We don’t know the home and away of the district games yet.

Hearing Belfry comes to Estill on 10/13
(01-27-2023, 01:51 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Belfry picking up for the final regular season game? That Belfry JC game was a game fans from both sides looked forward to every year. I hated to see it end.
Letcher Central will be the last regular season game.
(01-27-2023, 01:51 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Belfry picking up for the final regular season game? That Belfry JC game was a game fans from both sides looked forward to every year. I hated to see it end.
I hated to see Belfry end this series.  As a Johnson Central fan I will truly miss it as both teams always put on a good performance.  Hopefully we can at least play every other year in the Bowl unless some get their way and get Pikeville agree to replace Johnson Central as rumored.
(01-27-2023, 05:56 PM)THOMCAT Wrote: [ -> ]
I hated to see Belfry end this series.  As a Johnson Central fan I will truly miss it as both teams always put on a good performance.  Hopefully we can at least play every other year in the Bowl unless some get their way and get Pikeville agree to replace Johnson Central as rumored.
What do you mean? Belfry and Pikeville arn’t playing each other in the PCB. What is the rumor your referring to? Is JC trying to get in the PCB every year?
Hopefully by playing one of the next two years in the Bowl against Belfry will cause an interest for the series to resume but sadly there was an effort to remove Johnson Central from the Bowl in the next two years to be replaced with another team.
Pretty sure Belfry picked up 6A GRC for the PCB
Belfry is playing GRC in the PCB
GRC is coached by former Prestonsburg assistant and Paintsville head coach Joe Chirico. Great guy great coach. Won state championship in 2020 with Paintsville. He’s familiar with Belfry being on Derossett’s staff at Prestonsburg. Should be a great matchup.
(01-27-2023, 12:21 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]At Breathitt
Pike County Bowl GRC
At Pulaski County
Pikeville
4 district games.  Morgan County is out of the district

This is all tentative.  Leaves one game needed.
No JC this year.  Will play them in PCB next year from what I was told tonight.
Why is Johnson Central not on their schedule?

(01-27-2023, 04:07 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]
Lol so they dropped JC for Letcher? Sounds like it may be a downturn for the future with Belfry. How much does Pikeville being the power they are and David Jones going to Mingo hurt the Pirates’s future?
None.
(01-28-2023, 04:41 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2023, 12:21 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]At Breathitt
Pike County Bowl GRC
At Pulaski County
Pikeville
4 district games.  Morgan County is out of the district

This is all tentative.  Leaves one game needed.
No JC this year.  Will play them in PCB next year from what I was told tonight.
Why is Johnson Central not on their schedule?

(01-27-2023, 04:07 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]
Lol so they dropped JC for Letcher? Sounds like it may be a downturn for the future with Belfry. How much does Pikeville being the power they are and David Jones going to Mingo hurt the Pirates’s future?
^This coming from a fan of a team that immediately dropped Johnson Central from its schedule as soon as Ashland dropped to 3A and the Tomcats were no longer forced to play the Golden Eagles.   Welcome back to 4A! Big Grin
Tomcat obviously didn’t watch the JC/LC game last year if he thinks there is a big drop off in the two teams. Long term maybe yes. Short term no.
So the best I can tell, people talk about how we schedule too tough/make fun of our regular season record when we schedule hard. 

When we schedule a little easier people still complain and call us weak and question the program. 

No win situation lol 

Breathitt, GRC, Letcher, pikeville, and whoever else we pick up is plenty tough enough.
Would like to see Belfry pick up a team like Scott County, Southwestern, or Great Crossing for the 10th game. 3 solid teams you’d benefit from playing.
(01-28-2023, 06:31 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]Tomcat obviously didn’t watch the JC/LC game last year if he thinks there is a big drop off in the two teams.  Long term maybe yes.  Short term no.
LC returns most of its players, although the loss of Jonah Little is a big one. The Cougars may be better this year than last.
(01-28-2023, 08:47 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to see Belfry pick up a team like Scott County, Southwestern, or Great Crossing for the 10th game. 3 solid teams you’d benefit from playing.

I can promise you if they dropped Johnson Central after playing them for so long they are not going to play the teams that you mentioned above. Maybe Jenkins or Fairview will come open.

(01-28-2023, 06:31 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]Tomcat obviously didn’t watch the JC/LC game last year if he thinks there is a big drop off in the two teams.  Long term maybe yes.  Short term no.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. There’s no comparison between the two programs and you know it.
(01-28-2023, 08:47 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to see Belfry pick up a team like Scott County, Southwestern, or Great Crossing for the 10th game. 3 solid teams you’d benefit from playing.
Southwestern may very well be the 5th non district game. If so, just another cupcake we picked up lol
(01-28-2023, 10:39 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: [ -> ]

I can promise you if they dropped Johnson Central after playing them for so long they are not going to play the teams that you mentioned above. Maybe Jenkins or Fairview will come open.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. There’s no comparison between the two programs and you know it.
We know that much better than y’all since the ONLY way the puddy tats will play JC is when forced too.    SMH.
(01-28-2023, 06:26 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]None.

Wrong.

A lot. As a Pikeville person who has the Belfry area in is area of responsibility, I can tell you this straight as a fact, you’re going to lose male students of changes ain’t made to your other programs and from what I’ve heard it starts with your admin.

You need a principal and a basketball coach yesterday buddy.
Estill county can't compete with BELFRY. OUT OF THIER LEAGUE. BELFRY IS IN A WEAK DISTRICT NOW. BELFRY IS LOADED AND WILL BE THE NEXT 4 YEARS. PAY BACK TIME. HOPE THEY MEET LAWRENCE COUNTY SOMEWHERE AND BELFRY WILL BEAT PIKEVILLE TOO.
(01-29-2023, 10:34 AM)HWarriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Estill county can't compete with BELFRY. OUT OF THIER LEAGUE. BELFRY IS IN A WEAK DISTRICT NOW. BELFRY IS LOADED AND WILL BE THE NEXT 4 YEARS. PAY BACK TIME. HOPE THEY MEET LAWRENCE COUNTY SOMEWHERE AND BELFRY WILL BEAT PIKEVILLE TOO.
District is no weaker than is was previously. Still have Lawrence and 3 other bad teams.
(01-29-2023, 12:08 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2023, 10:34 AM)HWarriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Estill county can't compete with BELFRY. OUT OF THIER LEAGUE. BELFRY IS IN A WEAK DISTRICT NOW. BELFRY IS LOADED AND WILL BE THE NEXT 4 YEARS. PAY BACK TIME. HOPE THEY MEET LAWRENCE COUNTY SOMEWHERE AND BELFRY WILL BEAT PIKEVILLE TOO.
District is no weaker than is was previously. Still have Lawrence and 3 other bad teams.
Truth.   For the most part, the names changed and driving distance will be much longer….but from a competitive standpoint… still about the same. Estill has some nice players but IMO, after seeing them twice last year….I just don’t think they have enough to compete with LC or Belfry this coming season.    District will come down to who wins the Belfry /LC game.     Should be  a little different than last years contest.
As a fan of EKY football of course it would be nice too see Johnson Central play Belfry as they both are along with Corbin and Pikeville the class of the mountains, I would love too see each team play the other 3 every season.

Having said that, it's still a solid schedule for the Pirates. Belfry is loaded for the next few years, I see a few more 3A titles coming back to Pond Creek the next 5 years.
(02-01-2023, 06:28 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]As a fan of EKY football of course it would be nice too see Johnson Central play Belfry as they both are along with Corbin and Pikeville the class of the mountains, I would love too see each team play the other 3 every season.

Having said that, it's still a solid schedule for the Pirates.  Belfry is loaded for the next few years, I see a few more 3A titles coming back to Pond Creek the next 5 years.
With JC being part of the PCB for the next two years….I have to guess that’s why JC and Belfry are not playing.  These non district games are typically two year contracts, of which with JC being in the PCB that would have Belfry and JC playing twice in 2024.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9