Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
who the new DC
Not heard anything in a while.
Could you imagine Reed Shepard playing Receiver?? Who could guard him?
who the new DC
Hasn’t been announced so far.
I'm looking forward to football starting and seeing how NL does with returning players.

They are loaded and expectations are high with Pulaski and South graduating so many. However, being loaded doesn't always work. You can ask Calipari about that. It will be an exciting year of football.
I just watched some film of some huge trench warriors that North Laurel has. Dang!!! Good looking blocks. That translates to huge gains and touchdowns.
Is Chadwell staying at North or heading to Corbin or Boyle?
(04-27-2023, 08:10 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Is Chadwell staying at North or heading to Corbin or Boyle?

Kid wouldn’t make it at Boyle.
Lol. I’m sure Haddix would turn him down. He’d help any team he played for. So many jealous ass people.
(04-28-2023, 12:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  I’m sure Haddix would turn him down.  He’d help any team he played for.  So many jealous ass people.
Didn't he leave the Knox Central football team mid-way through the year?
(04-28-2023, 12:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  I’m sure Haddix would turn him down.  He’d help any team he played for.  So many jealous ass people.

What's there to be jealous of? He got an offer as a freshman based off of potential. That potential has gotten him nowhere and none of those offers will stand.
How do you know they still don’t stand? Is Gavin still even playing football? I’ve heard all kinds of tales, yes he is, no he’s not. He could play football at UK. Couldn’t you imagine him at 6’5-325 playing Right Tackle? Cycle or two of Tren would get him there easily. He could carry that weight easily. Not sure he’s fast enough to play TE at UK but you never know. But I’m sure OLine would be good transformation for him. Kids a specimen.
The kids been plagued by injuries, I'd love to see him at 100% on the football field, I always felt FB was his sport, he's built to be a tight end.
Any word on why North Laurel hasn’t filled Defensive Coordinator Job by now? Five months is a long time to go without a DC in place to be able to compete at a high level of Football.
(05-06-2023, 11:05 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on why North Laurel hasn’t filled Defensive Coordinator Job by now? Five months is a long time to go without a DC in place to be able to compete at a high level of Football.
They haven’t filled it because it’s been basketball season and no one cares… now its to late and no one cares….
(05-07-2023, 02:03 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2023, 11:05 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on why North Laurel hasn’t filled Defensive Coordinator Job by now? Five months is a long time to go without a DC in place to be able to compete at a high level of Football.
They haven’t filled it because it’s been basketball season and no one cares… now its to late and no one cares
You don’t really believe that do you?
(05-21-2023, 10:03 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2023, 02:03 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
They haven’t filled it because it’s been basketball season and no one cares… now its to late and no one cares
You don’t really believe that do you?
Have they hired a DC?
I am hearing something is in the works. Simon Vanderpool is a heck of a defensive coach to have to replace. I know some of the kids who North returns this season and I’ll be honest with this statement. I have big expectations for this team. I think North will have possibly the best season they have ever seen as a program. But a defensive coach that can make the proper adjustments can propel this North team to a special year. As far as returning talent, I think some of the losses last year will be wins this year. Something I definitely would do is play some of those big boys on both sides of the ball. I think Chappell will end up doing the moon walk after this season. I played that video of him skipping on that sideline after the Johnson Central win last season about 50 times. I cracked up. But I’m a Chappell fan!
Hearing Tucker Warren (QB) to Rock and Nunley to NL.
(05-26-2023, 02:20 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing Tucker Warren (QB) to Rock and Nunley to NL.

Nunley has been shopping his services around all offseason so its possible I guess.
Are players aloud to switch schools like ones that left jungle this week ? Just a rumer or how many real lef?
(05-26-2023, 02:20 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing Tucker Warren (QB) to Rock and Nunley to NL.

What a turd, complain about recruiting for YEARS and use it as a basis not to play….Then move 20 miles down the road and start poaching from your old school because you finally figured out your not near the coach that Daddy was…In the words of Dougie, Dudley still gonna smoke some Rocket hind end….
(05-26-2023, 09:53 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

What a turd, complain about recruiting for YEARS and use it as a basis not to play….Then move 20 miles down the road and start poaching from your old school because you finally figured out your not near the coach that Daddy was…In the words of Dougie, Dudley still gonna smoke some Rocket hind end….
Smile You got me tickled TD! Lol. He is definitely doing what he said he hated lol.
(05-26-2023, 09:44 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]Are players aloud to switch schools like ones that left jungle this week ? Just a rumer or how many real lef?

Of course a player can transfer. Only 1 player.
(05-26-2023, 10:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile You got me tickled TD! Lol. He is definitely doing what he said he hated lol.
Not a turd lol, I definitely remember all the complaining about how Corbin is always recruiting our kids and that’s why we won’t play them etc.. If what I’m hearing is remotely true then shame on a couple folks. I have zero problem with a kid transferring to another school to better his or her position in the sport they love. However, if a kid leaves because his dad takes a coaching job at another school then so be it but don’t start trying to pull kids from the school you just left..I’m thinking KHSSA will be involved in this one before it’s over especially if there are any TEXT MESSEGES involved.
I’m all about a kid transferring make no bones about it. I would expect the domino affect to set the stage for a transfer to come in at North. That’s why the KHSAA and State Government needs to change the rule in favor of parents and transfers wanting to make a move without any strings attached. That’s my position on it.
(05-27-2023, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I’m all about a kid transferring make no bones about it. I would expect the domino affect to set the stage for a transfer to come in at North. That’s why the KHSAA and State Government needs to change the rule in favor of parents and transfers wanting to make a move without any strings attached. That’s my position on it.
That’s a good position to have but seeing how KHSAA isn’t gonna let that happen we must adhere to the guidelines set fourth. That being said a legit move is easy if you wanna spend the money on rent/lease or buy but just moving in with someone or saying you live here or there don’t fly anymore. We now have DPP coordinators who physically come out and check players and families who move into districts or enroll in a new district. I know six families who transferred in 2022 and I’ve spoke to all of them. Five were checked by DPP Coordinators and one wasn’t checked at all. Take your chances and roll the dice because I’ll guarantee you North Laurel will challenge any transfer that’s played varsity ball if it’s NOT a legit move.
(05-26-2023, 10:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile  Thing is he’s always done it… I think they call that a hypocrite…

(05-27-2023, 10:28 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2023, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I’m all about a kid transferring make no bones about it. I would expect the domino affect to set the stage for a transfer to come in at North. That’s why the KHSAA and State Government needs to change the rule in favor of parents and transfers wanting to make a move without any strings attached. That’s my position on it.
That’s a good position to have but seeing how KHSAA isn’t gonna let that happen we must adhere to the guidelines set fourth. That being said a legit move is easy if you wanna spend the money on rent/lease or buy but just moving in with someone or saying you live here or there don’t fly anymore. We now have DPP coordinators who physically come out and check players and families who move into districts or enroll in a new district. I know six families who transferred in 2022 and I’ve spoke to all of them. Five were checked by DPP Coordinators and one wasn’t checked at all. Take your chances and roll the dice because I’ll guarantee you North Laurel will challenge any transfer that’s played varsity ball if it’s NOT a legit move.

If you think the KHSAA is anything but corrupt I got a nice car to sell you… I do however understand what your saying I just think if a kid wants to leave and his heart isn’t there anymore do you really want him on your team?  At that point it’s just being vindictive because the kid ain’t coming back…What I don’t get is with all the talent that NL had during the time a certain coach was there what did they actually accomplish besides playing a watered down schedule?  Did he help any of the kids go on to play at a higher level?  So why would you want to move your kid for him?  I’m by no means a NL fan but Jason Chappel is a class act, there’s really no comparison morally or coaching wise…

Yeah its not like the parents have to unenroll the kid, move, and enroll the kid in another district or anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4