Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 50 Newport Central Catholic 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Men vs boys
1A weak as water. Raceland and Pikeville were on a collision course from July. Wished Beechwood and Mayfield were still 1A to see more competitive games
NCC said they could stop Birchfield. Better be careful what you wish for.
I agree but belfry’s record has been horrible vs 1A lately
(11-25-2022, 11:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I agree but what belfry’s record has been horrible vs 1A lately
Pikeville is the only 1A team they’ve played. Belfry would beat any other 1A team this year besides Pikeville and Raceland and last 3 years Belfry would have been 2nd best team in 1A. I watched Pikeville in person twice this year. Vs Cov Cath and vs Belfry and they are a legit top 15 team in the state regardless of class.
(11-25-2022, 11:09 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]1A weak as water. Raceland and Pikeville were on a collision course from July. Wished Beechwood and Mayfield were still 1A to see more competitive games
As a whole 1A is week but Pikeville is different than any team. They would compete for title in 1A thru 4A this year. Raceland will be toughest 1A opponent this year for Pikeville but unless panthers beat themselves they will repeat as champs.
Panthers looked awesome tonight, played a very good game considering the flags that were thrown on them and believe me they were stupid flags. The running back got a first down and made the gesture 1st down and pointed towards the goal line and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty and a linebacker made a tackle for a big loss and celebrated some and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty by the same referee. The Panthers were hitting on all cylinders tonight on both sides of the ball next stop Kroger field Friday and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(11-25-2022, 11:15 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2022, 11:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I agree but what belfry’s record has been horrible vs 1A lately
Pikeville is the only 1A team they’ve played. Belfry would beat any other 1A team this year besides Pikeville and Raceland and last 3 years Belfry would have been 2nd best team in 1A. I watched Pikeville in person twice this year. Vs Cov Cath and vs Belfry and they are a legit top 15 team in the state regardless of class.
I agree with you. I really think all classes are watered down. A few good teams in each class and that’s pretty much it.
Pikeville playing in 1A has been like Clemson playing in the ACC the last few years lol
(11-26-2022, 12:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2022, 11:15 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
I agree with you. I really think all classes are watered down. A few good teams in each class and that’s pretty much it.

I know I'm likely wrong but , what the hell, I'm gonna roll with it anyway. Corbin and Pikeville--- two of the state's top five(or top ten, at least) teams.
Go Hounds... Go Panthers!!!
Go Panthers!
(11-25-2022, 11:56 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Panthers looked awesome tonight, played a very good game considering  the flags that were thrown on them and believe me they were stupid flags. The running back got a first down and made the gesture 1st down and pointed towards the goal line and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty and a linebacker made a tackle for a big loss and celebrated some and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty by the same referee. The Panthers were hitting on all cylinders tonight on both sides of the ball next stop Kroger field Friday and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I agree the stripes were awful but the radio guys said they will be calling championship games at Kroger. I hope they don’t call 1A they were horrible 

Having said that Pikeville better not even give a high 5 next week
(11-25-2022, 11:09 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]1A weak as water. Raceland and Pikeville were on a collision course from July. Wished Beechwood and Mayfield were still 1A to see more competitive games

Belfry is weak as water Smile
Hehe
I played like a champ in my Pikeville shirt tonight.
(11-25-2022, 11:56 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Panthers looked awesome tonight, played a very good game considering  the flags that were thrown on them and believe me they were stupid flags. The running back got a first down and made the gesture 1st down and pointed towards the goal line and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty and a linebacker made a tackle for a big loss and celebrated some and that was an unsportsmanlike penalty by the same referee. The Panthers were hitting on all cylinders tonight on both sides of the ball next stop Kroger field Friday and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

(11-26-2022, 12:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree the stripes were awful but the radio guys said they will be calling championship games at Kroger. I hope they don’t call 1A they were horrible 

I agree.  I have never seen a player flagged for some of the so called celebration penalties that Pikeville was called for tonight.  The flag on Pikeville's linebacker for excessive celebration was especially petty.  All he did was get up and pump his fist.  He wasn't gesturing to an opponent or trying to show anyone up.  He was simply showing some emotion.
(11-26-2022, 12:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ll have to agree with that. If they combine your crew with the one we had it may well be the worst officiated game in the history of high school football.
Oh well so much for New Cath giving Pikeville a good game, I was hoping the Breds would play the Panthers tough but it was obvious the Breds were in for a long night early in the 1st Quarter.

You hate to complain about officiating when you win by a running clock but they were pathetic...the worst officiating I've seen this season.

Hopefully the Panthers can heal up the next few days.

Congrats to NewCath on a solid season, I expect to see them make another deep run next season.
To the Newport central catholic fan who posted the boys from Northern ky going to show the mountain Boys how to play football and pikeville hasn't played anybody.
Boy you looked stupid tonite. Do your homework. Pikeville had a strong schedule. Newport central catholic probably the weakest team Pikeville has 0layed this year. How in the world did Newport central catholic make the playoffs. Probably in a 1 team district because they were weak. Alot of middle school teams in pike county could beat them
You guys must of had the crew that called mayfield vs Metcalf county last week.
(11-26-2022, 10:49 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]To the Newport central catholic fan who posted the boys from Northern ky going to show the mountain Boys how to play football and pikeville hasn't played anybody.
Boy you looked stupid tonite. Do your homework. Pikeville had a strong schedule. Newport central catholic probably the weakest team Pikeville has 0layed this year. How in the world did Newport central catholic make the playoffs.  Probably in a 1 team district because they were weak. Alot of middle school teams in pike county could beat them

Yeah okay now that comment is just as stupid…lol. If a NewCath fan posted that then they must of been drunk and didn’t pay attention this season. 

NewCath has a good football team and some good athletes. I’m telling you right now this coaching staff will never take this team any further.
(11-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Sportsdadof2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 10:49 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]To the Newport central catholic fan who posted the boys from Northern ky going to show the mountain Boys how to play football and pikeville hasn't played anybody.
Boy you looked stupid tonite. Do your homework. Pikeville had a strong schedule. Newport central catholic probably the weakest team Pikeville has 0layed this year. How in the world did Newport central catholic make the playoffs.  Probably in a 1 team district because they were weak. Alot of middle school teams in pike county could beat them

Yeah okay now that comment is just as stupid…lol. If a NewCath fan posted that then they must of been drunk and didn’t pay attention this season. 

NewCath has a good football team and some good athletes. I’m telling you right now this coaching staff will never take this team any further.
I couldn’t figure out why the didn’t use #7 as much as they have in previous games. That kid is an athlete and definitely should have had more touches.
(11-26-2022, 11:40 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Sportsdadof2 Wrote: [ -> ]

I couldn’t figure out why the didn’t use #7 as much as they have in previous games. That kid is an athlete and definitely should have had more touches.

Honestly with this staff nothing surprises me. Wish I had a good answer.
Should you call people stupid with that many grammar errors
Is the NCC coach not the same coach when they were winning and playing in all those state championships 7-8 years ago? Was he on staff then?
(11-26-2022, 11:49 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Is the NCC coach not the same coach when they were winning and playing in all those state championships 7-8 years ago? Was he on staff then?

No
(11-26-2022, 11:54 AM)Sportsdadof2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 11:49 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Is the NCC coach not the same coach when they were winning and playing in all those state championships 7-8 years ago? Was he on staff then?

No
Where did they get this guy from?

No

He wishes he was. Only guy on this staff that would have been part of that group is coach Schnieder.

(11-26-2022, 11:55 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]

No
Where did they get this guy from?

Campbell County before us.
The officiating in this game was AWFUL. The score out shadows how bad it really was but we have zero consistency in statewide officiating. Getting flagged for stuff that happened all year Is just crazy. Also Pikeville has a clean interception that was called incomplete and a 3rd down reception that was called out of bounds that a kid clearly had a foot in. Don’t even get me started on the excessive celebration calls. Just crazy. Raceland better get ready for a terrible officiating crew.
Pages: 1 2