Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Coach @ McCreary Central next season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Rumor has a coaching change will be coming very soon.  Ton of talent wasted the last two seasons.
That would make sense to get rid of the current coach. No major changes in the program. Zero wins in the district. The defense has allowed close to 3900 yards of offense 700 passing and 3200 rushing from opponents. Good talent on the team need better coaching. Not sure if the AD or principal will allow her husband be changed out.
Most coaches scout on a bye week. Privett was running a powderpuff football tonight. The administration must make a change. The Kids deserved better.
(10-21-2022, 11:58 PM)BossEric Wrote: [ -> ]Most coaches scout on a bye week.    Privett was running a powderpuff football tonight.  The administration must make a change.  The Kids deserved better.

Why scout now?

They are 2-7 and the 2 wins are against teams who are both 0-9 and have scored a grand total of 92 points on the year….. combined. 

They play Lynn Camp next week. Lynn Camp beat Jackson County 8-6. The same Jackson County team McCreary beat 47-0.  

I’m not defending the coach but if they haven’t figured it out yet, they probably aren’t going to figure it out between weeks 10 and 11.
Very good point! Only thing that needs to be figured out, how quick do they fire him. Plenty of talent , he can’t get it done.
I don’t think it’s ever to late to continue improving the team. That’s a bad way to think about it and probably why mccreary is always struggling. You have to improve all the way trough the season. But that is another reason they need a good coach at mccreary. After the season they need to find someone who will Get to work on this program. Hopefully they get rid of the current one.
I don't know if the current coach is the answer but he certainly wasn't the only problem. The issues at McCreary Central are systemic, always have been. It will take a major shift of the mindset in the entire town for MCC to ever be competitive in football.
What is the longest that a head coach has stayed at McCreary County in the last 15 years?
I think at some point y'all need to quit blaming it on the coaches and take a look at the support that they are given.
When you lift weights two or three days a week during off season it’s a coach problem. When you take off practices to play powder puff it’s a coach problem. When the team doesn’t have sleds but purchase a golf cart it’s a admin/ coach problem. When your team has a ton of personal fouls it’s a coach problem and it has been that way for the last two coaches no control. Plus both games they won didn’t hardly try to work on depth they ran up the score throwing the ball all the way to end of the game again coaching problem. The one coach that was showing promise and improvement is hated by the principal and I listened to a conversation between him and the principal and she was not very professional been a little over ten years is fact . Then that same coach took over the defense in 2018 and mccreary almost pulled a huge upset against breathitt. Point is first issue at hand is COACHING needs fixed then followed by support. Need to win a game here and there to get any support.
I think the problem in MC is the people in general. Lifting 3 days a week is plenty for HS kids. It’s not against the law for the kids to go the the fitness center to lift on those other days. Football isn’t Rocket Science. But now when you buy a golf cart instead of sleds, something is bad wrong. May be time for a new coach, IDK about that.

MC has been bad for a long long time.
It can’t be the talent or support same kids play basketball and wrestle and win. Because the coaches in those two sports do work and advance there program abilities not just having “nice stuff” lol.
(10-22-2022, 02:48 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]It can’t be the talent or support same kids play basketball and wrestle and win. Because the coaches in those two sports do work and advance their program abilities not just having “nice stuff” lol.

Kids want to win, school needs quality coaches, community needs to support them and wins sure keep kids in place. 

Nice stuff is a huge plus. 

I tire of it always being the coach. Does MC need one? Maybe. But they also are trying to go through the same process over and over doing the same stuff and hoping for different results. Community support is low, results are low, kids have options one County in every direction. 

Stop the internal bleeding first.
After about 16 seasons. Nice stuff doesn’t help you when Friday night. Hardwork helps you win. A sled or equipment for training helps. A coach to guide them would be the start to getting kids out they leave because of the poor coaching. The coach 2010-2012 couldn’t coach a shoe box. The coach 16-18 had a load of talent and couldn’t control it and hasn’t resulted well anywhere else 3 schools and hasn’t done anything well. Then going to the current coach the principals husband of the high school. No high school coaching experience and hasn’t done Jack in four years with 17 running clocks put on his teams.

First would be to buy into a coach that knows how to coach high schoolers.
No one cares about cool uniforms until you win. Win games and show dedication with a coach who knows what they are doing mccreary would improve. Then would support should be there. The wrestling team had a solid coach who won region coach of the year and produced nice results plenty of trophy’s and wins. The wrestling room is embarrassing in size maybe the size of a classroom. The coaching was there and the kids followed in. Same results would happen for football. Not expecting world beaters but those kids should be competitive with other 3A teams
The fact that this thread has been created before the last REGULAR SEASON game has even been played tells me volumes about a county that I have never been inside of in my life. AND - in programs across the state that struggle; you will see many of the same issues.
I will throw in my two cents, hard to understand how these things are allowed to go on with getting a golf cart and not having a sled. Who made that decision if it is true? Hard to believe all the assistant coaches are bad as well. Season isn’t over and he didn’t go scout sounds confusing.
(10-22-2022, 10:52 PM)Bluesteel Wrote: [ -> ]I will throw in my two cents, hard to understand how these things are allowed to go on with getting a golf cart and not having a sled. Who made that decision if it is true? Hard to believe all the assistant coaches are bad as well. Season isn’t over and he didn’t go scout sounds confusing.

I don’t know anything about any of the other comments with this program; BUT, with the price of Joe Biden’s gas and the ease of use with HUDL…..I must ask:  does anyone “go scout” any more?
Go ahead and send your best players to Whitley County.
(10-22-2022, 01:57 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if the current coach is the answer but he certainly wasn't the only problem. The issues at McCreary Central are systemic, always have been. It will take a major shift of the mindset in the entire town for MCC to ever be competitive in football.

Where is town? lol
(10-22-2022, 02:22 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]When you lift weights two or three days a week during off season it’s a coach problem. When you take off practices to play powder puff it’s a coach problem. When the team doesn’t have sleds but purchase a golf cart it’s a admin/ coach problem. When your team has a ton of personal fouls it’s a coach problem and it has been that way for the last two coaches no control.  Plus both games they won didn’t hardly try to work on depth they ran up the score throwing the ball all the way to end of the game again coaching problem. The one coach that was showing promise and improvement is hated by the principal and I listened to a conversation between him and the principal and she was not very professional been a little over ten years is fact .  Then that same coach took over the defense in 2018 and mccreary almost pulled a huge upset against breathitt. Point is first issue at hand is COACHING needs fixed then followed by support. Need to  win a game here and there to get any support.
ALMOST pulled a huge upset against a mediocre team? lol
(10-22-2022, 02:22 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]When you lift weights two or three days a week during off season it’s a coach problem. When you take off practices to play powder puff it’s a coach problem. When the team doesn’t have sleds but purchase a golf cart it’s a admin/ coach problem. When your team has a ton of personal fouls it’s a coach problem and it has been that way for the last two coaches no control.  Plus both games they won didn’t hardly try to work on depth they ran up the score throwing the ball all the way to end of the game again coaching problem. The one coach that was showing promise and improvement is hated by the principal and I listened to a conversation between him and the principal and she was not very professional been a little over ten years is fact .  Then that same coach took over the defense in 2018 and mccreary almost pulled a huge upset against breathitt. Point is first issue at hand is COACHING needs fixed then followed by support. Need to  win a game here and there to get any support.
(10-22-2022, 09:45 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]After about 16 seasons. Nice stuff doesn’t help you when Friday night. Hardwork helps you win. A sled or equipment for training helps. A coach to guide them would be the start to getting kids out they leave because of the poor coaching. The coach 2010-2012 couldn’t coach a shoe box. The coach 16-18 had a load of talent and couldn’t control it and hasn’t resulted well anywhere else 3 schools and hasn’t done anything well. Then going to the current coach the principals husband of the high school. No high school coaching experience and hasn’t done Jack in four years with 17 running clocks put on his teams.

No one cares about cool uniforms until you win. Win games and show dedication with a coach who knows what they are doing mccreary would improve. Then would support should be there. The wrestling team had a solid coach who won region coach of the year and produced nice results plenty of trophy’s and wins. The wrestling room is embarrassing in size maybe the size of a classroom. The coaching was there and the kids followed in. Same results would happen for football. Not expecting world beaters but those kids should be competitive with other 3A teams
McCreary in 16-17 had enough talent to end up in a regional final type of matchup against Corbin or someone, or Bell maybe. They would not have beat those 2 teams, but they had the talent to be just a notch below those type of teams, but the talent they had they should have been at the top of the mid tier teams, and tons above the bottom teams. They had talent that was in the "very good" category those years. Their offense was almost unstoppable on certain nights unless  you were a true contender. I remember those teams, the kid called "Porky". Dude was a huge middle linebacker.
(10-22-2022, 11:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes againist a  decent breathitt team which would have been a huge upset for mccreary central considering they started 1-9 that season and it would have been huge to get a win like that for the raider program
This thread is either being directed by a sophomore who is 5’8”; 275; runs a 5.7 forty yard dash….who could be a dynamic QB/RB if the coaches would just give him a chance like his LL coaches did when he was the same size in fifth grade; HIS DAD; or that youth coach who wants the job!

Get involved; be a voice that brings answers and solutions; not problems to the discussion. And if a new coach is in order- be respectful to the kids and team in general and wait til the season is over to PUBLICLY bash your program, school, and coaches.

Every program where this BS happens is the same cookie cutter of under performance; makes me laugh.
(10-22-2022, 11:23 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2022, 09:45 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]After about 16 seasons. Nice stuff doesn’t help you when Friday night. Hardwork helps you win. A sled or equipment for training helps. A coach to guide them would be the start to getting kids out they leave because of the poor coaching. The coach 2010-2012 couldn’t coach a shoe box. The coach 16-18 had a load of talent and couldn’t control it and hasn’t resulted well anywhere else 3 schools and hasn’t done anything well. Then going to the current coach the principals husband of the high school. No high school coaching experience and hasn’t done Jack in four years with 17 running clocks put on his teams.

McCreary in 16-17 had enough talent to end up in a regional final type of matchup against Corbin or someone, or Bell maybe. They would not have beat those 2 teams, but they had the talent to be just a notch below those type of teams, but the talent they had they should have been at the top of the mid tier teams, and tons above the bottom teams. They had talent that was in the "very good" category those years. Their offense was almost unstoppable on certain nights unless  you were a true contender. I remember those teams, the kid called "Porky". Dude was a huge middle linebacker.
I agree team came out and played Perry central great and they were up 40-26 I think with around 8 mins or less and after that the team just fell apart besides a come back win against 6A PLD. But we couldn’t stop anyone Casey scored 70 and bell scored 75. Not to mention Jackson. I really feel mccreary should have made a decent run that season with a playoff victory but that season fell apart about as soon as it started
(10-22-2022, 11:29 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes againist a  decent breathitt team which would have been a huge upset for mccreary central considering they started 1-9 that season and it would have been huge to get a win like that for the raider program

They weren't decent. They got blown out in the following game.
Yes, if McCreary were to EVER beat Breathitt; that would be a quality program win.
(10-22-2022, 11:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2022, 11:29 PM)Unbeaten55 Wrote: [ -> ]

They weren't decent. They got blown out in the following game.
I agree with you on that they got blown out  by bell county .. the same bell county that blew out a Whitley county team by running clock that year.
Whitley is no Breathitt- historically! So, beating Whitley is no accomplishment- right?
Fire Privett! Not beaten a team that is ranked above 0.1. Let him , take his golf cart with him!
Pages: 1 2 3