Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Coach @ McCreary Central next season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-25-2022, 03:12 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 01:16 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: [ -> ]This will not be the only job opening in the 12th Region it looks like. I can see as many as 5 open. Question though, who goes for these jobs?

(Possibly) McCreary Co, Danville, East Jessamine and ???

Not sure who he would be referring to. West Jessamine isn't great but better than they were when he got there at least. Garrard County maybe but I don't know that I would say the coach is the problem, they are just a farm system for Boyle County. Maybe Somerset depending on the health status of Coach Lucas moving forward?
Finding, hiring, and keeping a quality football coach and staff is much more difficult than it seems.
Especially in a town or county with a losing tradition. Even the few former players etc. that might be interested in helping have no experience or knowledge of what a winning program requires.
Whoever the coach has to have the community and administration support. Without that there is no winning program, the admin needs to step up and buy the team the equipment and tools that it takes to win. Then if the coach isn't productive it's on him.
Well also:
Can’t let basketball coach or any other program bully and/or intimidate kids from playing other sports;
Have to be willing to get several teachers in the building to help the HC;
Must have weightlifting period, minimum of one with just football guys or at least serious athletes;
AND,

Admin can not be bullied by a few loud mouth complaining parents.

These are the things that must be done AT THE BEGINNING to at least give the man a chance to be successful.
That's a good start.

A wise man once told me that any coach that wants a kid to "specialize" in their sport is either selfish, ignorant, or both. Coaches that preach specialization care about one person: themselves.
Usually, scared that other programs will be successful. Yes, small minds and small
Should get a big win, tomorrow night. Hopefully the administration don’t wait 2 or 3 months to post the job. Administration waits to long, they will have more players transferring. Need to find a young coach, that will stay and build a program. Need to bring in some good assistant coaches. The new coach gets a brand new golf cart! Plus a ton of talent ,at middle school to start building process.
(10-27-2022, 07:05 PM)BossEric Wrote: [ -> ]Should get a big win, tomorrow night.    Hopefully the administration don’t wait 2 or 3 months to post the job.  Administration waits to long, they will have more players transferring.    Need to find a young coach, that will stay and build a program.  Need to bring in some good assistant coaches.    The new coach gets a brand new golf cart!  Plus a ton of talent ,at middle school to start building process.
Who will the new coaches be?
(10-27-2022, 10:02 PM)Yea pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 07:05 PM)BossEric Wrote: [ -> ]Should get a big win, tomorrow night.    Hopefully the administration don’t wait 2 or 3 months to post the job.  Administration waits to long, they will have more players transferring.    Need to find a young coach, that will stay and build a program.  Need to bring in some good assistant coaches.    The new coach gets a brand new golf cart!  Plus a ton of talent ,at middle school to start building process.
I heard Lucas Ford was coming back !!!!
(10-26-2022, 11:43 AM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2022, 03:12 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 01:16 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: [ -> ]This will not be the only job opening in the 12th Region it looks like. I can see as many as 5 open. Question though, who goes for these jobs?

(Possibly) McCreary Co, Danville, East Jessamine and ???

Not sure who he would be referring to. West Jessamine isn't great but better than they were when he got there at least. Garrard County maybe but I don't know that I would say the coach is the problem, they are just a farm system for Boyle County. Maybe Somerset depending on the health status of Coach Lucas moving forward?

Keep hoping to hear some good news on health from the Somerset camp. Coach Lucas is very well respected and by all accounts a good man. Hopefully he’s back for the next season. 

As to the last poster, Lucas Ford leaving Russell County to go back to McCreary would be a terrible move unless he’s forced out of RC. At least RC is getting a new stadium and field and there is great community support. That’s non existent in MC.
(10-27-2022, 10:49 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 10:02 PM)Yea pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
I heard Lucas Ford was coming back !!!!

LOL!
Pages: 1 2 3