Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Raceland (10-21-22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Getting it started. Thoughts?

Sep 18, 1998 Raceland 28 Paintsville 14 
Sep 3, 1999 Paintsville 18 Raceland 16
Sep 1, 2000 Paintsville 38 Raceland 14
Aug 22, 2003 Raceland 20 Paintsville 6
Aug 20, 2004 Paintsville 34 Raceland 14
Oct 12, 2007 Raceland 54 Paintsville 30
Oct 17, 2008 Raceland 51 Paintsville 12
Oct 21, 2011 Raceland 47 Paintsville 0
Oct 19, 2012 Raceland 57 Paintsville 0
Oct 25, 2013 Raceland 32 Paintsville 10
Nov 15, 2013 Raceland 42 Paintsville 12 
Oct 24, 2014 Raceland 32 Paintsville 0
Nov 21, 2014 Raceland 32 Paintsville 21 
Oct 23, 2015 Paintsville 50 Raceland 7
Nov 13, 2015 Paintsville 20 Raceland 15 
Oct 21, 2016 Paintsville 27 Raceland 21 (overtime)
Nov 18, 2016 Paintsville 21 Raceland 14 
Oct 20, 2017 Paintsville 32 Raceland 18
Nov 17, 2017 Raceland 31 Paintsville 14 
Oct 19, 2018 Paintsville 6 Raceland 0
Nov 16, 2018 Raceland 14 Paintsville 7 
Oct 25, 2019 Paintsville 19 Raceland 15
Nov 15, 2019 Paintsville 32 Raceland 18 
Oct 23, 2020 Raceland 23 Paintsville 20
Nov 27, 2020 Paintsville 28 Raceland 21 (overtime)
Oct 22, 2021 Raceland 36 Paintsville 19
Nov 12, 2021 Raceland 28 Paintsville 14

DATE
TEAM
SCORE
OPPONENT
SCORE

Raceland 42
Painstville 21
Tiggers shock the world and upset the Lambs!!
Just kidding
In the first half the Lambs stomp a mud hole in the Tiggers Azz.
In the second half they walk it dry.
Tiggers just slightly better than turrble.
Nothing to see here
Rams big
Phelps pops one or two. But Raceland comes out strong this week.

Rams 42
Tiggers 14
Raceland better not be looking past Paintsville. Could be a long night if they are.

Raceland wins, but could be close.
One never knows about these rivalry games but I look for Raceland to take care of business so the Rams by 3 or 4 scores
Raceland 35
Paintsville 14
I look for this to be much like the Greenup game and will be close for a half with the Rams pulling away late.

Raceland 42
Paintsville 21
Use to be the best thread on Rivals for years but now it sucks like most other threads undoubtedly like Hoot put it the competition levels in all classes are diminished and so has the posters. I used to get on here and laugh my butt off but now it’s kind of boring sorry had to get out it’s just went downhill
Slaughter
(10-16-2022, 12:47 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Use to be the best thread on Rivals for years but now it sucks like most other threads  undoubtedly like Hoot put it the competition levels in all classes are diminished and so has the posters. I used to get on here and laugh my butt off but now it’s kind of boring sorry had to get out it’s just went downhill
Paintsville’s program was like a guy who got excited fast, finished, and couldn’t keep the stamina to keep playing the game in the long haul.
(10-16-2022, 12:47 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Use to be the best thread on Rivals for years but now it sucks like most other threads  undoubtedly like Hoot put it the competition levels in all classes are diminished and so has the posters. I used to get on here and laugh my butt off but now it’s kind of boring sorry had to get out it’s just went downhill
Perhaps the arrogance is just to much to endure
(10-16-2022, 01:16 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
Paintsville’s program was like a guy who got excited fast, finished, and couldn’t keep the stamina to keep playing the game in the long haul.
A Raceland fan talking about another program underperforming is one for the ages. At least we can “finish”.
(10-16-2022, 01:26 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 01:16 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
A Raceland fan talking about another program underperforming is one for the ages. At least we can “finish”.
Lol there’s what has always made this thread fun
(10-16-2022, 01:17 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Just how long is that stick ??? The one that’s up your ass?? You miss the point and it’s not worth the energy to explain.
(10-16-2022, 01:49 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 01:17 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Just how long is that stick ??? The one that’s up your ass?? You miss the point and it’s not worth the energy to explain.
Now that made me laugh ???
Bad guys 45
bad guys 14
Here is a point for you.
Not everyone drinks the orange kool aid and agrees with the notion of transferring just for sports.
(10-16-2022, 03:11 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a point for you.
Not everyone drinks the orange kool aid and agrees with the notion of transferring just for sports.
This is a serious question and I’m not trying to be argumentative.  Why does it bother you that kids would want to transfer from one school to another for sports? Isn’t the whole point of athletics to learn how to be successful outside of the classroom?  

Obviously academics come first before anything but if an athlete has skills in a certain sport why is it a bad thing for them to go to a school that has a successful program?  This isn’t just about Raceland football either but could apply across the area.  If I had a child that wanted to play soccer then they would go to Russell or Ashland and if I had a child that was a talented distance runner I would want them to go to Boyd.  Right now Raceland happens to be the top football school in the area (on the KY side) and that attracts talent. 

IMO it’s all about finding a place for your child can find success at.  Just because someone lives in a certain town shouldn’t mean they town owns them or they owe the town their services.  NEKY is too small and everyone should cheer for each other regardless of where they came from or end up.
(10-16-2022, 02:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Bad guys 45
bad guys 14
God….if Raceland and Taintsville are the bad guys Pukeville must be the scumbags of the world!

(10-16-2022, 03:50 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
This is a serious question and I’m not trying to be argumentative.  Why does it bother you that kids would want to transfer from one school to another for sports?  Isn’t the whole point of athletics to learn how to be successful outside of the classroom?  

Obviously academics come first before anything but if an athlete has skills in a certain sport why is it a bad thing for them to go to a school that has a successful program?  This isn’t just about Raceland football either but could apply across the area.  If I had a child that wanted to play soccer then they would go to Russell or Ashland and if I had a child that was a talented distance runner I would want them to go to Boyd.  Right now Raceland happens to be the top football school in the area (on the KY side) and that attracts talent. 

IMO it’s all about finding a place for your child can find success at.  Just because someone lives in a certain town shouldn’t mean they town owns them or they owe the town their services.  NEKY is too small and everyone should cheer for each other regardless of where they came from or end up.
I was always told if someone transfers from your program then they were never really yours! They never bought in to what you was selling. If a kid leaves then that’s probably a good thing for that program cause they never really wanted to be there
(10-16-2022, 04:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
bad guys 14
God….if Raceland and Taintsville are the bad guys Pukeville must be the scumbags of the world!

This is a serious question and I’m not trying to be argumentative.  Why does it bother you that kids would want to transfer from one school to another for sports?  Isn’t the whole point of athletics to learn how to be successful outside of the classroom?  

I was always told if someone transfers from your program then they were never really yours! They never bought in to what you was selling. If a kid leaves then that’s probably a good thing for that program cause they never really wanted to be there
I think about it in terms of owning a business.  If my client leaves to do business with a competitor I am not going to get upset with the competitor for taking my client but I am going to look in the mirror and ask myself why I failed at retaining them.  The same applies here.  As an institution, if schools lose their best people, in this case athletes, then it is the job of the athletic director and principal to create solutions to make sure people don’t want to leave.
(10-16-2022, 04:20 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
bad guys 14

I think about it in terms of owning a business.  If my client leaves to do business with a competitor I am not going to get upset with the competitor for taking my client but I am going to look in the mirror and ask myself why I failed at retaining them.  The same applies here.  As an institution, if schools lose their best people, in this case athletes, then it is the job of the athletic director and principal to create solutions to make sure people don’t want to leave.
You gotta put it in perspective….these people on social media making stupid statements don’t have a clue of what they are talking about. They make it sound like Raceland has 22 transfers haha. There are four on the team from three different schools and only one school on this side of the river hahah. Hell I was told by a couple Raceland parents that Fairyveiw people were saying Raceland was playing with 20 year olds hahah. Really ??? Are y’all that damn stupid ?? People lose their minds ….if it’s on Facebook it’s gotta be true haha
(10-16-2022, 04:43 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 04:20 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
bad guys 14

You gotta put it in perspective….these people on social media making stupid statements don’t have a clue of what they are talking about. They make it sound like Raceland has 22 transfers haha. There are four on the team from three different schools and only one school on this side of the river hahah. Hell I was told by a couple Raceland parents that Fairyveiw people were saying Raceland was playing with 20 year olds hahah. Really ??? Are y’all that damn stupid ?? People lose their minds ….if it’s on Facebook it’s gotta be true haha
The funny thing about all that is Ashland got caught on a recording cheating and will get away with it but it’s ok because it’s the mighty Tomcats lol.

This thread had been hijacked enough though lol.  As for this game, if the Rams don’t overlook Paintsville we should win comfortably.  That being said, I’ve seen Raceland teams that were not as good on paper as the Tigers pull the upset so this is not a game that should be taken for granted.
If you live here, you should play here, period. If you don’t want to play here then physically move to a home where you want. I have no problem with that. Be proud of where your from, teach your kids about school spirit and loyalty.
When you allow kids to just go where they want then you undermine competitive balance. You bias talent in the favor of who ever the hot team is. Obviously creating unfair advantage for only certain schools.
I typed this really slowly, so I hope you understand!!!!!
OB I believe you was right with your assessment. The Rams will be fired up and play stupid in the first half. Just like last year…we went done there and commented a bunch of penalties and kept the Tiggers in the game. I believe a lot of this comes from the coaches….over the years we’ve had some emotional battles with Taintsville and I believe sometimes your coaches carry that into these games. Rams will win big but it will take them awhile to get there
Raceland will win this game but it shouldn’t be a running clock, which is good.
Jetpilot had the best analysis of the game so far. Apparently it's not possible for both teams to lose (I looked it up). So gotta go with the worst outcome for the team with the most to lose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting for the team from Johnson Co. with all the transfers, I'm rooting against the team from Greenup Co. with all the transfers. If this game was limited to kids who actually live in the school districts it'd be a game of 8 man football.*

*Don't know or care who's from where, but you gotta admit this is funny.
Sadly it is
(10-16-2022, 05:42 PM)Gabby Johnson Wrote: [ -> ]Jetpilot had the best analysis of the game so far.  Apparently it's not possible for both teams to lose (I looked it up).  So gotta go with the worst outcome for the team with the most to lose.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting for the team from Johnson Co. with all the transfers, I'm rooting against the team from Greenup Co. with all the transfers.  If this game was limited to kids who actually live in the school districts it'd be a game of 8 man football.* 

*Don't know or care who's from where, but you gotta admit this is funny.
Wrong again ….get educated! But you are probably a Biden supporter so….yeah
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6