Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Raceland (10-21-22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(10-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you live here, you should play here, period.  If you don’t want to play here then physically move to a home where you want.  I have no problem with that.  Be proud of where your from, teach your kids about school spirit and loyalty. 
When you allow kids to just go where they want then you undermine competitive balance.  You bias talent in the favor of who ever the hot team is.  Obviously creating unfair advantage for only certain schools. 
I typed this really slowly,  so I hope you understand!!!!!

I can definitely see this side of the argument.  If everyone played for the school where they lived, then the large schools would always usually beat the smaller schools.  The competitive difference between the schools would be less and the games would be closer and more exciting on a weekly basis.  I, too, think that school spirit has taken a nosedive in this generation of transfers and it’s taken a lot of the fun out of high school sports.  I wish it could go back to the old days.

However, there are two arguments against this line of thinking:

First, the cat is already out of the bag.  Some schools in the area are already a long way down the road of depending on transfers.  Let’s take a look at the fall team sports in our region just this year.  Boyd won boys soccer thanks to their region MVP being a transfer from Missouri whose dad was on their coaching staff.  East just won girls soccer thanks to transfers from Lawrence County.  Boyd is set to win volleyball over the next few days thanks to a transfer who moved from New Jersey who is far and away the best player in the region, so much so when she went out of their match against Paintsville with an injury, Boyd just chose to forfeit the entire match.  Raceland will likely be playing football longer than any other 16th region school this year and yes, their leading tackler is a transfer from Symmes Valley and their QB is a transfer from Russell.  The transfer train is already far down the tracks.  This is a classic case of “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”.  Or continue to do things the “right way” and continue to lose.  Your choice.

Second, no team from our area is going to compete on a state wide level without transfers.  It’s impossible.  Why?  Because the southeastern Kentucky schools get transfers from each other and from West Virginia, the northern Kentucky schools get transfers from each other and from Cincinnati, the Lexington schools get transfers from each other, the Louisville schools get transfers from each other, and any other Kentucky schools bordering other states get transfers from those states.  If any 16th region school has designs on capturing a state title, the best of our entire region, if not area, must be combined on a single team in an effort to accomplish it.

I don’t necessarily like it because I am nostalgic about the old days, too.  Since it is this way now, though, I don’t let any school allegiance I have prevent me from pulling for whatever local teams are going for state titles.  The Jason Mays tape and lack of any punishment just fully exposed what it’s all about.  It’s ruthless.  A player’s spot is only as secure as long as their school or coach can’t find a better player.
Wrong about what? You've been going on in this thread about how wonderful transfers are, and you've admitted the RAMS!!11!1!!11 have at least 4. Where have I erred?

And you probably support Nancy Pelosi ha ha ha (lame).
(10-16-2022, 06:18 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you live here, you should play here, period.  If you don’t want to play here then physically move to a home where you want.  I have no problem with that.  Be proud of where your from, teach your kids about school spirit and loyalty. 
When you allow kids to just go where they want then you undermine competitive balance.  You bias talent in the favor of who ever the hot team is.  Obviously creating unfair advantage for only certain schools. 

I can definitely see this side of the argument.  If everyone played for the school where they lived, then the large schools would always usually beat the smaller schools.  The competitive difference between the schools would be less and the games would be closer and more exciting on a weekly basis.  I, too, think that school spirit has taken a nosedive in this generation of transfers and it’s taken a lot of the fun out of high school sports.  I wish it could go back to the old days.

However, there are two arguments against this line of thinking:

First, the cat is already out of the bag.  Some schools in the area are already a long way down the road of depending on transfers.  Let’s take a look at the fall team sports in our region just this year.  Boyd won boys soccer thanks to their region MVP being a transfer from Missouri whose dad was on their coaching staff.  East just won girls soccer thanks to transfers from Lawrence County.  Boyd is set to win volleyball over the next few days thanks to a transfer who moved from New Jersey who is far and away the best player in the region, so much so when she went out of their match against Paintsville with an injury, Boyd just chose to forfeit the entire match.  Raceland will likely be playing football longer than any other 16th region school this year and yes, their leading tackler is a transfer from Symmes Valley and their QB is a transfer from Russell.  The transfer train is already far down the tracks.  This is a classic case of “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”.  Or continue to do things the “right way” and continue to lose.  Your choice.

Second, no team from our area is going to compete on a state wide level without transfers.  It’s impossible.  Why?  Because the southeastern Kentucky schools get transfers from each other and from West Virginia, the northern Kentucky schools get transfers from each other and from Cincinnati, the Lexington schools get transfers from each other, the Louisville schools get transfers from each other, and any other Kentucky schools bordering other states get transfers from those states.  If any 16th region school has designs on capturing a state title, the best of our entire region, if not area, must be combined on a single team in an effort to accomplish it.

I don’t necessarily like it because I am nostalgic about the old days, too.  Since it is this way now, though, I don’t let any school allegiance I have prevent me from pulling for whatever local teams are going for state titles.  The Jason Mays tape and lack of any punishment just fully exposed what it’s all about.  It’s ruthless.  A player’s spot is only as secure as long as their school or coach can’t find a better player.
I see NEKY stretching from Cannonsburg to South Shore as one big metro with different municipalities.  In this area most people go to the same stores, banks, churches, and work together.  Looking at it through that lense we all “live here”.  Also if you go anywhere else in the state most people won’t know the difference between Raceland and Flatwoods and probably think they are somewhere in Ashland lol.  All of the area schools have merits and have opportunities for different talents.  Raceland is just in the spotlight because football is the most popular sport and we disrupted the monopoly that Ashland and Russell have had in football in this area.  Petty rivalries between the towns in this area that limit growth are a huge reason why NEKY will always be second class not only in sports but in all areas across the state.
Besides, didn’t the Kentucky General Assembly pass a law that went into effect on July 1st that supersedes the KHSAA stating ANY high school (grades 9-12) transfer after that date has to sit out 1 year?
(10-16-2022, 02:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Bad guys 45
bad guys 14
Jet,
Just curious ... which bad guy got the capital "B" in bad guys?  Smile

(10-16-2022, 03:11 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a point for you.
Not everyone drinks the orange kool aid and agrees with the notion of transferring just for sports.
Says a Fairview fan whose school bused in players from Huntington & the former superintendent rented apartments for other out of district players back in the day.

Pot calling the kettle black. You're saying that like it doesn't happen at other schools.
Better get out of that glass house you're living in Beagle if you're gonna throw stones.

And for the record, no one said everyone agreed with it happening, but it's happening for a variety of reasons regardless of the stance taken or if it's good or bad.
Lol. Pal you are clueless!!!! If you think I’m a Fairview guy, I’d love to sell you some property. Lmao

You do know that you can go back and look at ever post I’ve put on here

How bout you do that and get back to us genius!!!

Evidently your a really slow reader. Let me help you.
I
Am
Not
A
Fairview
Fan
I hope that was slow enough for you!!!
I have to agree in the old days transfers where highly unusual but now we live in a different era and these kids stay on social media and talk to each other like they are at the same school and personally I think that has a lot to do with it
(10-16-2022, 09:57 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  Pal you are clueless!!!!  If you think I’m a Fairview guy, I’d love to sell you some property.  Lmao

You do know that you can go back and look at ever post I’ve put on here

How bout you do that and get back to us genius!!!

Evidently your a really slow reader.  Let me help you. 
I
Am
Not
A
Fairview
Fan
I hope that was slow enough for you!!!
Well it doesn't really matter who you're a fan of, you evidently let Raceland live in your head rent free regardless of who you root for, or you're sadly misguided in thinking they have the market cornered for transfers or holding kids back. 
And no, I didn't take the time to go back & read your posts; my bad. Didn't really think it was relevant to read your 60 some odd posts. Maybe I will sometime if I find the time. 
Facts in my previous post remain the same, just edit out the part about you being a Fairview Fan; just a smartass one. But hey, if that makes you feel better about yourself good for you. 

Good luck. No hard feelings either way regardless of your remarks.
Weak
I’m glad Beagle has started posting. The Ram fans were looking for someone to start some back and forth with. Beagle has come out of the gate strong with “Holdback High”.
Not everyone drinks the orange kool aid and agrees with the notion of transferring just for sports.
What a sissy!

This dude pees sitting down

There are 5 transfers now. We got another from Ashland about a week ago. And there will be more coming! Suck on that Bagel1
(10-16-2022, 08:36 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
bad guys 14
Jet,

Says a Fairview fan whose school bused in players from Huntington & the former superintendent rented apartments for other out of district players back in the day.

Pot calling the kettle black. You're saying that like it doesn't happen at other schools.
Better get out of that glass house you're living in Beagle if you're gonna throw stones.

And for the record, no one said everyone agreed with it happening, but it's happening for a variety of reasons regardless of the stance taken or if it's good or bad.

Raceland is Badder than Paintsville this year lol. Meant for sports purposes only haha.
Hate it that Paintsville is down, we have lost 2000PHS...
Is there a ball game or just a transfer discussion going on this week.. let’s talk about the game.
(10-17-2022, 02:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a ball game or just a transfer discussion going on this week.. let’s talk about the game.

Unfortunately, Raceland has had no games this season that were decided by single digits.  I don't think there's much to say about the game.  Everyone knows Raceland's going to win fairly easily.
(10-17-2022, 07:41 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 02:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a ball game or just a transfer discussion going on this week.. let’s talk about the game.

Unfortunately, Raceland has had no games this season that were decided by single digits.  I don't think there's much to say about the game.  Everyone knows Raceland's going to win fairly easily.
I wouldn’t say we will win fairly easily.  Paintsville is always a tough game and they will make us earn what we get.  I can see this being a close game for 3 quarters with the Rams pulling away late.  I think we are 3 scores better and I would be surprised if it is by more than that and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is less either.
(10-17-2022, 12:30 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]
What a sissy!

There are 5 transfers now. We got another from Ashland about a week ago. And there will be more coming! Suck on that Bagel1
Hahah you my favorite partner in crime hahah keep that pot stinking …..stir it!! STIR IT !!! Hahahah
(10-17-2022, 10:56 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
What a sissy!

Hahah you my favorite partner in crime hahah keep that pot stinking …..stir it!! STIR IT !!! Hahahah
5 or 6 more good transfers and next thing you know Raceland will be competing for a title. Keep up the good work!
(10-17-2022, 12:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 08:36 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
bad guys 14
Jet,

Raceland is Badder than Paintsville this year lol. Meant for sports purposes only haha.
Hate it that Paintsville is down, we have lost 2000PHS...
“I never left”

Paintsville will have to play a near perfect game and win the turnover margin 2+. Also will need to have very few penalties which is impossible at Raceland.
(10-17-2022, 11:02 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 10:56 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
What a sissy!

5 or 6 more good transfers and next thing you know Raceland will be competing for a title. Keep up the good work!
You should know….it takes 12 to 14 every year to stay on top doesn’t it Jett haha
Paintsville cant avoid stupid penalties at their place. That have no chance in Ramland!!!
I getting to like this thread now I think with the name changes from Raceland to transfer city or Penalty land it really has got in the groove with old times but I do have to say this you Raceland fans are defending it properly so do you actually feel a little guilt? Hahahaha and I am loving it GO PANTHERS!!!
(10-17-2022, 01:12 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]I getting to like this thread now I think with the name changes from Raceland to transfer city or Penalty land it really has got in the groove with old times but I do have to say this you Raceland fans are defending it properly so do you actually feel a little guilt? Hahahaha and I am loving it GO PANTHERS!!!
We are just catching up the the curve set by the 15th region with transfers and holdbacks lol.
(10-17-2022, 01:58 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 01:12 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]I getting to like this thread now I think with the name changes from Raceland to transfer city or Penalty land it really has got in the groove with old times but I do have to say this you Raceland fans are defending it properly so do you actually feel a little guilt? Hahahaha and I am loving it GO PANTHERS!!!
We are just catching up the the curve set by the 15th region with transfers and holdbacks lol.
We way behind haha ….hell after the game against Pukeville last year 6 of their players ran to the sidelines and grabbed their kids.We’ve been playing against a loaded field for years.We trying to level the playing field
(10-17-2022, 01:58 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]We are just catching up the the curve set by the 15th region with transfers and holdbacks lol.

This is funny because it is true.
Yawn...
(10-17-2022, 02:04 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
We way behind haha ….hell after the game against Pukeville last year 6 of their players ran to the sidelines and grabbed their kids.We’ve been playing against a loaded field for years.We trying to level the playing field
Well they definitely do as long as it’s a home game for the Rams I still remember 19 to 0 now it definitely was one sided and if had been the other way around the Ram fans would have been Baha out their Hines as some Pikeville fans where and not once did I deny transfers but I do recall some Ram fans talking about a few years back in this same thread Raceland verses Paintsville about calling them Paintsburg I believe plus bad calls at Paintsville suck it up Rammies winning is a bitch sometimes
(10-17-2022, 04:32 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Well they definitely do as long as it’s a home game for the Rams I still remember 19 to 0 now it definitely was one sided and if had been the other way around the Ram fans would have been Baha out their Hines as some Pikeville fans where and not once did I deny transfers but I do recall some Ram fans talking about a few years back in this same thread Raceland verses Paintsville about calling them Paintsburg I believe plus bad calls at Paintsville suck it up Rammies winning is a bitch sometimes
HHah dang Pat I’ve never seen you like this. I like it hahah. I appreciate your effort to try and spice things up.
(10-17-2022, 05:34 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 04:32 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
HHah dang Pat I’ve never seen you like this. I like it hahah. I appreciate your effort to try and spice things up.
Well I tried but seems like it keeps falling down but I was having fun for a few quotes but I do look for the Rams to win this game but I think Paintsville will give a challenge for awhile in these rivalry games like this weekend emotion’s can be high but hopefully the young men put them into effort and not in some actions we all have seen before good luck to both teams and I will be listening
Paintsville by a field goal.
Lundy passes for 350yds in this game

Raceland 48
Paintsville 14
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6