Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 38 Simon Kenton 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
What a game!!!

Congratulations Red Hounds!!
(09-30-2022, 10:56 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Final

Thank you for the great updates.

Congrats Redhounds!
Congrats Hounds!!
Thanks for the great updates. I would of liked to have saw this one.
(09-30-2022, 11:00 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2022, 10:56 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Final

Thank you for the great updates.

Congrats Redhounds!
Nothing to it betting on horses and winning bets at the same time. Lol!!
Congratulations Corbin!
Congratulations to Corbin
Hounds reportedly gave up two more scores on the way home. lol

Seriously, Corbin has a pretty nice offense but their defense scares me. Offense wins games; defense wins championships. Corbin will win 13 games. It's that 14th one that will be the problem.
Simon Kenton gave this game away all night. 2 pooch kick which gave Corbin the ball in Simon Kenton territory. Gave up the 92 or 93yd kickoff return. With that said……..Congratulations Corbin big time win
Congratulations, Corbin! It is not often that a team gives up over 500 yards of total offense and still manages to win the game. Simon Kenton has a potent offense when everybody is healthy. Crone is a talented quarterback but this is also the best supporting cast that he has had.
Wow, closer than I thought it would be. Congrats Corbin.
That fumble hurt us. We were driving up 3 about to put it away and then uhhh oh. The go up 4. Those things happen though. You have to learn to overcome them. And they did in the long run. Does SK not have a kicker?

I know it’s the team that loses, and it’s the team that wins. But someone better give curry and Petrowski a hug! Petrowski came up big several times on 3rd down when we desperately needed it. And curry done his thing on the the KOR.

I’m not an expert but I actually did stay in a holiday inn last night, but why didn’t we put more pressure on Crone. He picked us apart all night. I don’t remember one sack?
If you didn’t go to this game , you missed a dang good game. All out battle for 4 quarters. Simon Kenton is way better than what ppl thought. They have a great team

With that said even when things don’t always go our way , or when ppl start to lose hope ( which happens a lot I must say) those boys will find a way to win. Ppl can say this or that is the reason we won or Simon Kenton did that or this , but your wrong. The reason why we won and no other reason is we have HEART. When this chips are against us we keep fighting , and fighting until we can’t give no more. SK went a fast tempo something we aren’t conditioned for. Yet we stayed right in there. Credit a play or fumble , or whatever else you want , but I credit our heart and unwillingness to give up. Yea offense and defense wins championships , but Without heart and grit your nothing in my book. Don’t count us out. We were a underdog by a lot of reasons. Yet we found a way to win. Great win boys. I’m proud of you.

With that said even when things don’t always go our way , or when ppl start to lose hope ( which happens a lot I must say) those boys will find a way to win. Ppl can say this or that is the reason we won or Simon Kenton did that or this , but your wrong. The reason why we won and no other reason is we have HEART. When this chips are against us we keep fighting , and fighting until we can’t give no more. SK went a fast tempo something we aren’t conditioned for. Yet we stayed right in there. Credit a play or fumble , or whatever else you want , but I credit our heart and unwillingness to give up. Yea offense and defense wins championships , but Without heart and grit your nothing in my book. Don’t count us out. We were a underdog by a lot of reasons. Yet we found a way to win. Great win boys. I’m proud of you.

If you didn’t go to this game , you missed a dang good game. All out battle for 4 quarters. Simon Kenton is way better than what ppl thought. They have a great team
Congrats Redhounds!
(10-01-2022, 01:40 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn’t go to this game , you missed a dang good game. All out battle for 4 quarters. Simon Kenton is way better than what ppl thought. They have a great team

Simon Kenton is a good team and Corbin beat them on the road and with Chase Crone healthy. Chrone was injured early against Southwestern and SK lost. Chrone was not in the lineup against Beechwood and SK lost again. Nobody underestimated SK. SK is a dangerous team with Crone on the field.
One heck of a game. SK dropped a pass in the endzone and didn't kick the field goal to put it in OT Petty can hit from 50 yards all day. Pioneers had over 500 yards offense Corbin had 266. Crone rushed for 2 tds and passed for 208 yards 2 tds. To be the Pioneers all time passeer. Lawson had 244 ya rds rushing 2 tds with his first game back since the first game. Both teams should be a lot better from this game.
(10-01-2022, 08:14 AM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]One heck of a game. SK dropped a pass in the endzone and didn't kick the field goal to put it in OT Petty can hit from 50 yards all day. Pioneers had over 500 yards offense Corbin had 266. Crone rushed for 2 tds and passed for 208 yards 2 tds. To  be the Pioneers all time passeer. Lawson had 244 ya rds rushing 2 tds with his first game back since the first game. Both teams should be a lot better from this game.
Agree! I think there were a few (not Corbin fans) that underestimated SK, or at least posted they did, I think a lot of it was if we did lose it would be an attempt to discredit us. But as you said, and hoot, they had their QB in a few games. That would have made a difference in those. People also don’t take far away games into account. I’m not making any excuses, but it’s like cal says, “these kids aren’t robots!” Even college kids who take planes still show up a little tight legged. Kids who are 15-18 are even worse. Hard to get your mind right that far away. 

I don’t know if you’re talking about the same dropped TD, but If it’s the one close to the end, it was stripped by our guy after he caught it. The kicker, I was wondering the same. But if a 50 yd FG was easy for him, surely he could get it to the end zone. Why didn’t they send it there instead of these little pooch kicks? 

All in all, we showed some good tbings. Several stops on 4th down. A resiliency to win. But it also showed several issues we need to fix fast if we wanna play that 14th and 15th game. Good news is I don’t think we’ll see another QB as good as Crone overall. But I do think we’ll see better teams!
Simon Kenton’s specialties have sucked all year. And it cost them this game
(10-01-2022, 08:36 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 08:14 AM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]One heck of a game. SK dropped a pass in the endzone and didn't kick the field goal to put it in OT Petty can hit from 50 yards all day. Pioneers had over 500 yards offense Corbin had 266. Crone rushed for 2 tds and passed for 208 yards 2 tds. To  be the Pioneers all time passeer. Lawson had 244 ya rds rushing 2 tds with his first game back since the first game. Both teams should be a lot better from this game.
Agree! I think there were a few (not Corbin fans) that underestimated SK, or at least posted they did, I think a lot of it was if we did lose it would be an attempt to discredit us. But as you said, and hoot, they had their QB in a few games. That would have made a difference in those. People also don’t take far away games into account. I’m not making any excuses, but it’s like cal says, “these kids aren’t robots!” Even college kids who take planes still show up a little tight legged. Kids who are 15-18 are even worse. Hard to get your mind right that far away. 

I don’t know if you’re talking about the same dropped TD, but If it’s the one close to the end, it was stripped by our guy after he caught it. The kicker, I was wondering the same. But if a 50 yd FG was easy for him, surely he could get it to the end zone. Why didn’t they send it there instead of these little pooch kicks? 

All in all, we showed some good tbings. Several stops on 4th down. A resiliency to win. But it also showed several issues we need to fix fast if we wanna play that 14th and 15th game. Good news is I don’t think we’ll see another QB as good as Crone overall. But I do think we’ll see better teams!
Well said and agree ? % percent

(10-01-2022, 05:01 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 01:40 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn’t go to this game , you missed a dang good game. All out battle for 4 quarters. Simon Kenton is way better than what ppl thought. They have a great team

Simon Kenton is a good team and Corbin beat them on the road and with Chase Crone healthy. Chrone was injured early against Southwestern and SK lost. Chrone was not in the lineup against Beechwood and SK lost again. Nobody underestimated SK. SK is a dangerous team with Crone on the field.
Man are they ever. Dandy of a QB and RB.

(10-01-2022, 08:50 AM)bo67 Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Kenton’s specialties have sucked all year. And it cost them this game
Seemed like the kid had a decent leg by his PAT’s. They didn’t really punt lol , so not sure why the didn’t try a FG if he can hit 50 all day as someone stated.  Is his accuracy or that good?

(10-01-2022, 08:50 AM)bo67 Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Kenton’s specialties have sucked all year. And it cost them this game
Seemed like the kid had a decent leg by his PAT’s. They didn’t really punt lol , so not sure why the didn’t try a FG if he can hit 50 all day as someone stated.  Is his accuracy or that good?

(10-01-2022, 05:01 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Man are they ever. Dandy of a QB and RB.
(10-01-2022, 01:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]That fumble hurt us. We were driving up 3 about to put it away and then uhhh oh. The go up 4. Those things happen though. You have to learn to overcome them. And they did in the long run. Does SK not have a kicker?

I know it’s the team that loses, and it’s the team that wins. But someone better give curry and Petrowski a hug! Petrowski came up big several times on 3rd down when we desperately needed it. And curry done his thing on the the KOR.

I’m not an expert but I actually did stay in a holiday inn last night, but why didn’t we put more pressure on Crone. He picked us apart all night. I don’t remember one sack?

Joe Burrow would give up all his worldly possessions for the kind of pocket Crone had last night.  He had a month of Sunday's to stay back there , peruse the field, and target his receivers.

No doubt Corbin has a lot of things to work on defensively, but, let's face facts. SK has a really good offense when they have their full complement of talent. They have a big, strong OL , an incredibly talented back in Jayden Lawson , and a smart, very skilled QB in Crone. When all of those guys are healthy, they are gonna put points on the board against most teams. They put up 42 points on a good Highlands team at Ft. Thomas and, although just a scrimmage, they shredded Cov. Cath for 28 in a two TD win. This is a pretty darn good football team that Corbin traveled to Northern KY and beat.

The Hounds won't face a better offense that SK until a possible Boyle matchup in the postseason. Let's hope Corbin's defensive guru can figure out some things before then. Corbin will be 13-0 before they'll have to be MUCH better on the defensive end.
Very proud of our young men never quit not for one minute, Simon Kenton has nothing to hang their head about this game could have went either way…
Simon Kenton let one slip away but Congrats to Corbin.
(10-01-2022, 11:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 01:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]That fumble hurt us. We were driving up 3 about to put it away and then uhhh oh. The go up 4. Those things happen though. You have to learn to overcome them. And they did in the long run. Does SK not have a kicker?

Joe Burrow would give up all his worldly possessions for the kind of pocket Crone had last night.  He had a month of Sunday's to stay back there , peruse the field, and target his receivers.

No doubt Corbin has a lot of things to work on defensively, but, let's face facts. SK has a really good offense when they have their full complement of talent.  They have a big, strong OL , an incredibly talented back in Jayden Lawson , and a smart, very skilled QB in Crone. When all of those guys are healthy, they are gonna put points on the board against most teams.  They put up 42 points on a good Highlands team at Ft. Thomas and, although just a scrimmage, they shredded Cov. Cath for 28 in a two TD win. This is a pretty darn good football team that Corbin traveled to Northern KY and beat.

The Hounds won't face a better offense that SK until a possible Boyle matchup in the postseason. Let's hope Corbin's defensive guru can figure out some things before then. Corbin will be  13-0 before they'll have to be MUCH better on the defensive end.
I could be wrong , Of course my opinion, but I just don’t see boyle as good as SK was last night. I guess we’ll find out when we make it to postseason. I hope we get the chance to find out
Corbin will beat Boyle County this year and win a state championship. Go hounds..
(10-01-2022, 02:20 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]

No doubt Corbin has a lot of things to work on defensively, but, let's face facts. SK has a really good offense when they have their full complement of talent.  They have a big, strong OL , an incredibly talented back in Jayden Lawson , and a smart, very skilled QB in Crone. When all of those guys are healthy, they are gonna put points on the board against most teams.  They put up 42 points on a good Highlands team at Ft. Thomas and, although just a scrimmage, they shredded Cov. Cath for 28 in a two TD win. This is a pretty darn good football team that Corbin traveled to Northern KY and beat.

The Hounds won't face a better offense that SK until a possible Boyle matchup in the postseason. Let's hope Corbin's defensive guru can figure out some things before then. Corbin will be  13-0 before they'll have to be MUCH better on the defensive end.
I could be wrong , Of course my opinion, but I just don’t see boyle as good as SK was last night. I guess we’ll find out when we make it to postseason. I hope we get the chance to find out

Simon says,  the Pioneers may make some noise in the playoffs. They are really good on offense.

(10-01-2022, 02:41 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin will beat Boyle County this year and win a state championship. Go hounds..
I hope your confidence is well founded. I'm not nearly as confident. I would favor Boyle by at least two to three scores.(Granted, I haven't seen the Rebs play in person). Hoping Greer does something miraculous and this defense can start to limit the big plays.
(10-01-2022, 02:20 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-01-2022, 02:41 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin will beat Boyle County this year and win a state championship. Go hounds..

I’m unsure as to why you believe that as if you look at Simon Kenton’s schedule they have not beaten anyone of merit. Corbin needs to focus on defense because they aren’t winning a championship when they give up over 500 yards of offense to anyone. Simon Kenton is a sub par 6A school and you all believe that they would beat Boyle who has wins over top 25 Henderson County and Bowling Green. Simon Kenton isn’t even in the top 50

I had to create an account just to reply to this. If you truly think Boyle isn’t as good as SK you better pray tonight you don’t get the chance to find out because you may not like what you find out.
Cut him some slack RunninReb. He must be talking about the 82 Hounds vs the 82 Rebs.
(10-01-2022, 03:27 PM)RunninReb Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m unsure as to why you believe that as if you look at Simon Kenton’s schedule they have not beaten anyone of merit. Corbin needs to focus on defense because they aren’t winning a championship when they give up over 500 yards of offense to anyone. Simon Kenton is a sub par 6A school and you all believe that they would beat Boyle who has wins over top 25 Henderson County and Bowling Green. Simon Kenton isn’t even in the top 50
Well I assure you I’ve watched Boyle and SK. And SK if they played like they did last night would beat Boyle I assure you. And even when we gave up 500 yds still found a way to win. Ratings are useless in my opinion.  As far as sub par, we’ll they are a 6a school. Lol. If that’s a sub par school well I’ll take it. Hold that thought though and stick it in your pocket. If we get the chance to play you at Kroger we’ll see what the team who gave up 500 yds to a sub par 6a school can do.
Pages: 1 2 3