Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 38 Simon Kenton 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-02-2022, 05:57 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 05:47 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]The two top calling cards for Corbin coaching staff the last few years: dont get the ball to your playmakers and never, under any circumstances, pressure the QB.

It's hard to believe anyone is guaranteeing a state championship for the hounds with this coaching staff no matter what the talent looks like.

Coaching staff ain’t on the field the kids are. This team could go down as the greatest group to do it at Corbin.
Fans are in no position to guarantee anything.
You do realize that he’s not a Corbin fan? Hah
(10-02-2022, 06:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize that he’s not a Corbin fan? Hah

Big Grin You have to admit he’s been entertaining though…
(10-02-2022, 07:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 06:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize that he’s not a Corbin fan? Hah

I’m not sure where ppl don’t think we don’t pressure the qb. Lol. In fact in every game we have brought someone of the edge or middle.  Sometimes they get through , sometimes they don’t. I know for a fact my son came off the edge against SK numerous times and tackled the QB on a 4th and 2 inside the 10. They made adjustments and split someone out for him and the other OLB to cover to keep them from getting in the backfield. So for anyone to say our D doesn’t bring pressure from the linebackers , we’ll you’re just wrong.
I strongly suspected that to be the case. I believe that I asked him if he is Wideright in another thread. Nobody could make those posts with a straight face but the posts are not unlike the ones made by FoSho a couple of years ago.  Smile
(10-02-2022, 07:50 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not sure where ppl don’t think we don’t pressure the qb. Lol. In fact in every game we have brought someone of the edge or middle.  Sometimes they get through , sometimes they don’t. I know for a fact my son came off the edge against SK numerous times and tackled the QB on a 4th and 2 inside the 10. They made adjustments and split someone out for him and the other OLB to cover to keep them from getting in the backfield. So for anyone to say our D doesn’t bring pressure from the linebackers , we’ll you’re just wrong.
I think Corbin's defense will be fine by playoff time, but I hope that I am wrong if they play Johnson Central again. The Simon Kenton game was a great one to prepare for the playoffs and winning the game and getting an RPI boost was a nice bonus.
I thought this thread was about Corbin and Simon Kenton you new guys need to lay off the thread jacking it’s not appreciated on here, I went fishing for a day and y’all are having a civil war.LOL!!!
Since this thread is still going, I broke down the game film for this game..

Corbin no doubt gave up a ton of yardage on defense but knowing this staff and there trends, this won't be the last time they give up alot of yardage..They didn't play the bigs being Bolton and West on the defense except inside the Redzone and that was limited actiion... Now here is how important these two kids are to the defense .

Go to the second half and watch the drive for Simon Kenton when Corbin fumbled and now Simon Kenton is deep in Corbin territory and end up going for a 4th and 1 and because these two are on the defensive line for that series, they help force a crucial turnover on downs...Now go to the very next drive for Simon Kenton and when inside the redzone only 1 of the duo comes in being Bolton and he is immediately double teamed and the ball ran away from him and Simon Kenton scores..  

Corbins offense is fine, I like running the offense out of the spread because of all the options. I like the I formation with Wells at the running back position.

As always Special teams was huge and ended up being the difference of the game.

Zander Currys big kickoff Return for a touchdown was awesome!

Jacob Bakers interception was awesome!

Eli Pietrowski made a catch and the run after was like he was fighting for yardage, Loved it! I think this young man is a star in the making..

Summary Corbins offense is on fire.. Doing good, but I personally would like to see more passing especially the short game.. Thats just me.. More over the middle because it was wide open.. Man why not put wells more in the flats with the ball...I'm greedy..

Corbins defense when the bigs are in is fine and especially when they blitz.. I don't understand why they don't take a page out of Johnson Centrals defensive playbook because JC will blitz you every play until you stop it, and Corbin can do the same thing, no way the blockers can hold up West and Bolton and stop a blitzer.... Man, I need a defensive coaching job......Hmmmmm.   Smile
(10-02-2022, 07:56 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this thread was about Corbin and Simon Kenton you new guys need to lay off the thread jacking it’s not appreciated on here, I went fishing for a day and y’all are having a civil war.LOL!!!

Did you catch enough to share?
Im hungry too....
(10-02-2022, 07:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Since this thread is still going, I broke down the game film for this game..

Corbin no doubt gave up a ton of yardage on defense but knowing this staff and there trends, this won't be the last time they give up alot of yardage..They didn't play the bigs being Bolton and West on the defense except inside the Redzone and that was limited actiion... Now here is how important these two kids are to the defense .

Go to the second half and watch the drive for Simon Kenton when Corbin fumbled and now Simon Kenton is deep in Corbin territory and end up going for a 4th and 1 and because these two are on the defensive line for that series, they help force a crucial turnover on downs...Now go to the very next drive for Simon Kenton and when inside the redzone only 1 of the duo comes in being Bolton and he is immediately double teamed and the ball ran away from him and Simon Kenton scores..  

Corbins offense is fine, I like running the offense out of the spread because of all the options. I like the I formation with Wells at the running back position.

As always Special teams was huge and ended up being the difference of the game.

Zander Currys big kickoff Return for a touchdown was awesome!

Jacob Bakers interception was awesome!

Eli Pietrowski made a catch and the run after was like he was fighting for yardage, Loved it! I think this young man is a star in the making..

Summary Corbins offense is on fire.. Doing good, but I personally would like to see more passing especially the short game.. Thats just me.. More over the middle because it was wide open.. Man why not put wells more in the flats with the ball...I'm greedy..

Corbins defense when the bigs are in is fine and especially when they blitz.. I don't understand why they don't take a page out of Johnson Centrals defensive playbook because JC will blitz you every play until you stop it, and Corbin can do the same thing, no way the blockers can hold up West and Bolton and stop a blitzer.... Man, I need a defensive coaching job......Hmmmmm.   Smile
That’s a great breakdown. I agree with everything including DC job. Lol.

(10-02-2022, 07:54 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I think Corbin's defense will be fine by playoff time, but I hope that I am wrong if they play Johnson Central again. The Simon Kenton game was a great one to prepare for the playoffs and winning the game and getting an RPI boost was a nice bonus.
JC will always be a tough battle no matter if they only played 6 players. Hard nosed tough physical team. I never ever look at them as a easy out. I’m hoping to be honest we play someone different in the third round. Lol.

(10-02-2022, 07:56 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this thread was about Corbin and Simon Kenton you new guys need to lay off the thread jacking it’s not appreciated on here, I went fishing for a day and y’all are having a civil war.LOL!!!
Yea most of it is me. Lol. Overlook me everyone and don’t take it personal. I get emotional kinda easy when it comes to the hounds.  Big Grin
Baker had 2 beautiful pics and dropped a 3rd one

And prob 20 tackles
We caught 15 bass but we released all of them ?
Hounds move on to 7-0. Buckner will build a tough program to compete. He’s a great man and leader.
(10-02-2022, 09:28 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]We caught 15 bass but we released all of them ?

Woah Was it a tournament, I had some 4 ounce weights you could borrow! Lol.
(10-02-2022, 09:28 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]We caught 15 bass but we released all of them ?
Had some great fish at a friends house. Wish I knew what it was. Hate to fish but love the taste. Especially Alaskan cod this neighbor cooked for me
Is it bad that I kinda root for Corbin to lose; for the sole fact, that it is so entertaining to read Corbin fans so openly bash their own coaches???
(10-02-2022, 09:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Is it bad that I kinda root for Corbin to lose; for the sole fact, that it is so entertaining to read Corbin fans so openly bash their own coaches???

I root for a lot of teams to lose lol…. So I can win the Pick em contest lol…  Smile
Another reason to root against Corbin; their sorry visitor’s locker room with one naked toilet in the middle of the room. Have they ever built a stall around that POS crapper?
(10-02-2022, 08:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-02-2022, 09:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

:woah: Was it a tournament, I had some 4 ounce weights you could borrow! Lol.

No we were pleasure fishing, but I saw that Wall-eye tournament video. LOL!!!
(10-02-2022, 10:01 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Another reason to root against Corbin; their sorry visitor’s locker room with one naked toilet in the middle of the room.  Have they ever built a stall around that POS crapper?
Probably never will. Feel lucky. When I played all our toilets were open. I use to sit on the pot and watch the coach go over coverages on the white board. Lol.
(10-02-2022, 10:01 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Another reason to root against Corbin; their sorry visitor’s locker room with one naked toilet in the middle of the room.  Have they ever built a stall around that POS crapper?
That's almost enough for me to root against them and there is no chance that i will every make use of that toilet.  Smile
(10-02-2022, 10:58 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 08:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-02-2022, 09:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Woah Was it a tournament, I had some 4 ounce weights you could borrow! Lol.

No we were pleasure fishing, but I saw that Wall-eye tournament video. LOL!!!

Jack is another Bill Dance
I mean over the last few years in big games against pass heavy teams the QB gets all the time they want. Of course that was an exaggeration that corbin never sends anyone but it's been there for anyone to see. No defensive back is going to cover a receiver for 5 or 6 seconds. Not even primetime.

I don’t care nothin bout eatin no bass, crappie and cole slaw are my jam though…

I thought our secondary got exposed a bit but we haven’t played anyone with the type of qb, wr, rb combination that SK had.  Nothing wrong with getting exposed it’s why you play those games if we can get it fixed by the time playoffs come around.  You son played really really well Friday night dad sure out to be proud of him…
(10-03-2022, 12:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I don’t care nothin bout eatin no bass, crappie and cole slaw are my jam though…

I thought our secondary got exposed a bit but we haven’t played anyone with the type of qb, wr, rb combination that SK had.  Nothing wrong with getting exposed it’s why you play those games if we can get it fixed by the time playoffs come around.  You son played really really well Friday night dad sure out to be proud of him…
Thx a million. They all played with pride for sure.

(10-03-2022, 12:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree. That QB had all the time in the world to pick holes. You’re def right we needed that game.
Pages: 1 2 3