Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Might as well get this one started.

I'm not ready to pick a score yet, but I'm going with Belfry!
Game of the year in the mountains.
I'll take JC winning a tough one on the road.
JC-24
Belfry-21
Final OT.
I think JC is 2-3 TD's better, but with it being @ Belfry, Ill take JC 35-28 in a real close game.
I've seen Central play and wasn't that impressed.

Belfry - 28
Johnson Central - 14
EkyLb Wrote:I think JC is 2-3 TD's better, but with it being @ Belfry, Ill take JC 35-28 in a real close game.

Are you serious??? It will be a great game, but in no way are they 2-3 td's better...
Calpreps.com has JC winning 34-31, I take Belfry by a td...
JC is 2-3 td's better. Belfry will need some breaks to win.
I've watched Belfry play twice and JC once and I'm way more impressed with Belfry. I'm gonna go with the Pirates 28-7. The Big Red line will be the key to the win.
Central
Panther Thunder Wrote:I've watched Belfry play twice and JC once and I'm way more impressed with Belfry. I'm gonna go with the Pirates 28-7. The Big Red line will be the key to the win.
Holding JC to 7 points? Rolleyes
I know this isnt a gambling forum, but if you wanna offer some action on that, as in a hot dog or sumthinWink , please holla at me.Big Grin

I dont know if JC can pull off the win up there or not, but what a game it will be.
I think JC can go and shut the pirates up

Belfry - 21
Johnson Central - 36
Belfry's D-Line will be the key to this game. If they can stop Grimm, they will win.

I'm picking Belfry in a close one:
35-31
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Holding JC to 7 points? Rolleyes
I know this isnt a gambling forum, but if you wanna offer some action on that, as in a hot dog or sumthinWink , please holla at me.Big Grin

I dont know if JC can pull off the win up there or not, but what a game it will be.
JC can sure score more than that but I wasn't too impressed watching them this year. Out of Pretionsburg, Louisville Holy Cross, Lexington Catholic, and Corbin - Belfry has the best D. They shut Corbin out, shut Pikeville down, and Shut down Sheldon Clark. No one has any success against their D and I just don't see JC breaking the code this friday. They could very well put up 35 but i don't see it happening.
ok, that sounds a little better. So, no hot dog or burger on the line Friday?Sad

I really cant make up my mind on the game, but I am leaning toward both teams in the 30's. Who on top, I dont know.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:ok, that sounds a little better. So, no hot dog or burger on the line Friday?Sad
Lol I can't ever get within 50 feet of the concesion stand over there. It's always packed and sportin the Maroon and White doesn't help any either. But chances are I will be wrong anyway, things seem to work that way.
I'll take my Pirates on an end of the game field goal from midfield by Glen "Hoss" Earnest Smile

Pirates 10-7

I expect this to be the lowest scoring game for both teams for the season.
JC lost to a decent Woodford team, Belfry will dominate them from start to finish as they keep rolling and win state.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:JC lost to a decent Woodford team, Belfry will dominate them from start to finish as they keep rolling and win state.

I think that most fans understand that they still have some pretty good teams to deal with before they are handed the trophy.

Mason, Russell, Breathitt, Central, Somerset and Paducah Tilgman may all have something to say about it.

Better worry about the JC game first and foremost. Then there are no guarantees because it goes week by week from then on out. I remember back in 05 that talk of the state was Fort Campbell. Many had all but given them the trophy in the regular season then they came up on a OC team that put them out early in the playoffs.
This will be Belfry's toughest opponet since they played Henry Clay a few years ago. Johnson Central is big, strong, and fast, just like Belfry. If anyone in the Mountains can stop or slow down the Pirates wishbone attack than its Johnson Central. Belfry's front seven can cause havac for Johnson Central's offense too. This will be a defensive game, and I think if Belfry can move the ball into into field goal range than Earnest will come up big for the Pirates with his leg. Johnson Central doesn't have that great of a field goal kicker, so that is a real big advantage for the Pirates. And which ever team's defense makes a mistake will cost there team the game. But I don't think either team's D will make a big mistake, and Glen Earnest wins the game for the Pirates with his leg, making two field goals. Good Luck to both.

Belfry- 13
Johnson Central- 7
Belfry. The have scored 398 points and only given up 94 this year. Amazing and I look for them to stay amazing this year. Sorry Midee I know you're from Russel or somewhere like that, but belfry is the team to beat in 3A.
Booya Wrote:Belfry. The have scored 398 points and only given up 94 this year. Amazing and I look for them to stay amazing this year. Sorry Midee I know you're from Russel or somewhere like that, but belfry is the team to beat in 3A.

In 05 Fort Campbell scored 575 and only allowed 79 points. They got put out in the first round by OC who only scored 566 and gave up 244 points. They were the dominate team in 05 and got put out.

My point is sure Belfry is the dominate team in 07 but anything can happen.

BTW I don't have a dog in the fight any more just saying that you cannot over look Breathitt, Mason,Russell, Somerset, Central or Tilghman.
If...Then Wrote:I think JC can go and shut the pirates up

Belfry - 21
Johnson Central - 36
Might as well play another county school, cause no one in Pike county can.Big Grin Smile
Midee1 Wrote:In 05 Fort Campbell scored 575 and only allowed 79 points. They got put out in the first round by OC who only scored 566 and gave up 244 points. They were the dominate team in 05 and got put out.

My point is sure Belfry is the dominate team in 07 but anything can happen.

BTW I don't have a dog in the fight any more just saying that you cannot over look Breathitt, Mason,Russell, Somerset, Central or Tilghman.
:thumpsup: Your exactly right. One game at a time. Don't put the ring on before you win it.
This game may be just to close to call, it may be whoever has the ball last will win, or it may just come down to the turnover issue. Either way it will be an entertaining game.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Holding JC to 7 points? Rolleyes

Leave it to you to want to bet food on a high school game. You have been spending too much time around Mike "Hospitality Room" Hall. Are you going to the game?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I've watched Belfry play twice and JC once and I'm way more impressed with Belfry. I'm gonna go with the Pirates 28-7. The Big Red line will be the key to the win.
Belfry hasnt played the teams that JC has so Belfry is going to look better. But should be a great game but neither team will win by 3 td's IMO.
Im going to go with JC by 10
I think it will be a good game.

JC 21
Belfry 14
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Belfry hasnt played the teams that JC has so Belfry is going to look better. But should be a great game but neither team will win by 3 td's IMO.
That is true but has nothing to do with my statement. You can tell by watching a team against most competition how good they are.
How's both teams look as far as injury's ? I know Belfry had some kids banged up some I was just wondering how healthy both teams are.
Almost everyone played against East Carter, but most of our ironmen only played one way. This was for 2 reasons: first was to let some of our banged up kids get a break before the playoffs begin, second was to get some more experience for their backups, just in case. Plus, we knew going in that it would be a good way to get next year's team some extra play time. Not taking anything away from EC, they had some very talented athletes, but overall they just didn't have what it takes to beat us. They gave us a great first half though!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5