Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i honestly see belfry winning this game by 3 + touchdowns..
I've made up my mind. Belfry by 14.

Just don't think JC has the line on either side of the ball to slow Belfry down.
Belfry 42
Johnson Central 24
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I agree with everything you said, but you neglect one very important fact when you mentioned Belfry's passing game.

Belfry has had no need to pass the ball... noone has stopped their running game. But, Elkins is just as good of a passer as Ratliff, the Pirates just don't have an Ian Welch at receiver to throw to.

I figured noone had stopped it, so why pass then again they may get into situation in the playoffs where they need to pass and it may hurt them.( i hope not, cus Belfry and JC are our hopefuls in east KY to winning the big show)
Passing helps out a lot when you run to line and go no where, Makes it hard to win a game that way.
I will have to go with "The Big Red Machine" in this one. It will be a close game if Dustin May doesn't play both sides of the ball. I think if he does Belfry by 3 TD's and if he doesn't Belfry by 1 TD. I think he makes that big of a difference when he plays both ways.
The eagles no match for the priates!!!

Belfry: 37
JC: 16
DevilsWin Wrote:Ashland was a tough team this year but had some trouble putting people in the right positions after losing their QB before the season started. Couple that with a super tought District Schedule and Ashland looks weaker than they actually were.

Neither Dustin May nor Ivan Lee could carry Matt Thomas' jock strap.

And after this game I'm sure the JC fans will agree.

May laid down and gave up last year against Russell, because they busted Belfry in the mouth. Belfry wasn't used to being pushed around and fell apart.

I predict more of the same against JC. Go Eagles!

Central- 21
Belfry- 7

Thats completely blows my mind... Look what Pikeville did to Ashland at ashland, then look wha Belfry did to Pikeville... May an Lee must have done something that Thomas couldnt...
DevilsWin Wrote:Ashland was a tough team this year but had some trouble putting people in the right positions after losing their QB before the season started. Couple that with a super tought District Schedule and Ashland looks weaker than they actually were.

Neither Dustin May nor Ivan Lee could carry Matt Thomas' jock strap.

And after this game I'm sure the JC fans will agree.

May laid down and gave up last year against Russell, because they busted Belfry in the mouth. Belfry wasn't used to being pushed around and fell apart.

I predict more of the same against JC. Go Eagles!

Central- 21
Belfry- 7

Hold on there. NONE of our boys quit last year. Russell was simply the better team, but our kids kept on fighting. Maydo has NEVER laid down and given up, NEVER. I saw the kid down 20 in middle school and get his buddies pumped up and come from behind to win it. You, sir, are WRONG. Belfry didn't fall apart. Russell simply executed their plays better than we did, and that wins football games.

Maydo could replace any player in the state at any position and hold his own. ANY player. ANY position. You, mr. Devilswin, better be more worried about your team beating Breathitt, than slamming a Belfry team that you probably won't even play against.
kyr450 Wrote:Thats completely blows my mind... Look what Pikeville did to Ashland at ashland, then look wha Belfry did to Pikeville... May an Lee must have done something that Thomas couldnt...
The Ashland team that Pikeville played was a completely different team than the one JC played. Thomas was QB and the TB(Rashard Carter) was a Sophmore when thay played Pikeville.

Johnson Central played a team with Sophmore Drew Royalty at QB and Thomas at TB. If Royalty had been QB against Pikevile Thomas would have had probably 300+ yards.

Have you ever seen Thomas run the ball? He's a steam roller.

If Royalty had all those snaps in the Non District schedule he would have been seasoned enough to probably get the Tomcats a play-off spot.
Sarrr Wrote:Hold on there. NONE of our boys quit last year. Russell was simply the better team, but our kids kept on fighting. Maydo has NEVER laid down and given up, NEVER. I saw the kid down 20 in middle school and get his buddies pumped up and come from behind to win it. You, sir, are WRONG. Belfry didn't fall apart. Russell simply executed their plays better than we did, and that wins football games.

Maydo could replace any player in the state at any position and hold his own. ANY player. ANY position. You, mr. Devilswin, better be more worried about your team beating Breathitt, than slamming a Belfry team that you probably won't even play against.

Was it not 2 of your players on Defense fighting amongst each other in the 2nd half of the Russell Belfry game?

I could be wrong but this looks like a defeated team to me.
Enough of the personal slams against one another.

That was last year and this is this year.

Get it back to this years game or the thread will be closed.
We played both of these fine teams the past two years. Belfry runs like a sewing machine. They don't make mistakes. I have to go with JC on this though. They beat us as badly as we could have been beaten. The clock ran continuously the entire second half.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I think you can blame the hijacking of this thread to DevilsWin, seems like he is the one with the problem.

This all started with Kyrifle basically saying that JC was inferior because Ashland scored 33 on JC, Pikeville whipped Ashland and Belfry whipped Pikeville so Ashland must be really bad. That isn't the case at all and if you don't agree you haven't been paying attention to what Ashland went through this year.

I was only saying that Ashland wasn't a bad team and nothing can be inferred from how Ashland played in those 2 games against JC and Pikeville. And that if JC came out and played physical like Russell did last year against Belfry they would have no problem with Belfry.

The comments about May, Lee and Thomas are purely based on my opinion and I'll withdraw those statements.

I try to be constructive, but I have never liked Belfry and got carried away. My apologies.

That said, I still think JC will Blast Belfry. Go Eagles!
lawrencefan Wrote:We played both of these fine teams the past two years. Belfry runs like a sewing machine. They don't make mistakes. I have to go with JC on this though. They beat us as badly as we could have been beaten. The clock ran continuously the entire second half.

Belfry beat you 51-20, all 20 of your points coming on 3rd string... JC beat 55-12 (last year) So if JC beat you as bas as you could been beatin, so did Belfry this year, an if we had played our starters longer than the 1st half, woulda been alot worse than that... LC was also a better team this year than they was last year...
kyr450 Wrote:Belfry beat you 51-20, all 20 of your points coming on 3rd string... JC beat 55-12 (last year) So if JC beat you as bas as you could been beatin, so did Belfry this year, an if we had played our starters longer than the 1st half, woulda been alot worse than that... LC was also a better team this year than they was last year...

JC played us here last year. We are worse than last year. I hope Belfry wins, but it is going to be tough. Two best teams in E Ky.
I will pick Belfry if they get rid of the mental problems I have been hearing about the past few weeks. When Belfry is playing the way they can play when they are clicking on all cylinders, they look like a amazing football team. I am even going to make the trip to CAM to watch this one. It will be a dandy game for the fans, but I am going to go with Belfry.
DevilsWin Wrote:This all started with Kyrifle basically saying that JC was inferior because Ashland scored 33 on JC, Pikeville whipped Ashland and Belfry whipped Pikeville so Ashland must be really bad. That isn't the case at all and if you don't agree you haven't been paying attention to what Ashland went through this year.

I was only saying that Ashland wasn't a bad team and nothing can be inferred from how Ashland played in those 2 games against JC and Pikeville. And that if JC came out and played physical like Russell did last year against Belfry they would have no problem with Belfry.

The comments about May, Lee and Thomas are purely based on my opinion and I'll withdraw those statements.

I try to be constructive, but I have never liked Belfry and got carried away. My apologies.

Hatred manifests itself in many different ways. You need to get some help. Quickly.
Last warning.

Let's get this one back on topic. It is a very important game for both teams and should be a great one to discuss. I would hate to have to end the discussion because we cannot seem to stay on topic.
DevilsWin Wrote:This all started with Kyrifle basically saying that JC was inferior because Ashland scored 33 on JC, Pikeville whipped Ashland and Belfry whipped Pikeville so Ashland must be really bad. That isn't the case at all and if you don't agree you haven't been paying attention to what Ashland went through this year.

Never said JC was inferior. I asked the question: If JC gave up 33 points to Ashland, how can they keep Belfry from scoring more than 33 points. Belfry seems to be a much better team than Ashland.
Why do we lower ourselves in petite meaningless arguments. I think Russell just outplayed Belfry last year no excuses they were the best team on that night. I think 95% of Belfry fans respect and admire the program Russell has established. I feel that most Russell fans have the same opinion of Belfry. The truth is I believe Belfry will have their hands full playing J.C. Coach Matney (a former Belfry boy) will have the eagles ready to play. I'm not sure of this but I think that J.C has never beaten Belfry. If the Pirates come in fired up and knowing this will be their greatest battle of the season to date they will win. If Belfry thinks J.C. is going to roll over and die we will be in for a long night. I'm very passionate about Belfry football, I love the Pirates with everything in me we as fans need to be the example for these young boys. We need to sometimes agree to disagree on certain items. I'm excited about a great game at CAM stadium. I know that Russell has a bye week so we invite all the Russell Red Devil fans and players down to CAM and cheer with us for the mighty Pirates.
Pirate4Life Wrote:Why do we lower ourselves in petite meaningless arguments. I think Russell just outplayed Belfry last year no excuses they were the best team on that night. I think 95% of Belfry fans respect and admire the program Russell has established. I feel that most Russell fans have the same opinion of Belfry. The truth is I believe Belfry will have their hands full playing J.C. Coach Matney (a former Belfry boy) will have the eagles ready to play. I'm not sure of this but I think that J.C has never beaten Belfry. If the Pirates come in fired up and knowing this will be their greatest battle of the season to date they will win. If Belfry thinks J.C. is going to roll over and die we will be in for a long night. I'm very passionate about Belfry football, I love the Pirates with everything in me we as fans need to be the example for these young boys. We need to sometimes agree to disagree on certain items. I'm excited about a great game at CAM stadium. I know that Russell has a bye week so we invite all the Russell Red Devil fans and players down to CAM and cheer with us for the mighty Pirates.

Nice Post.
i say it will be a good damy but jc by a td final. both in the 20s.
Pirate4Life Wrote:Why do we lower ourselves in petite meaningless arguments. I think Russell just outplayed Belfry last year no excuses they were the best team on that night. I think 95% of Belfry fans respect and admire the program Russell has established. I feel that most Russell fans have the same opinion of Belfry. The truth is I believe Belfry will have their hands full playing J.C. Coach Matney (a former Belfry boy) will have the eagles ready to play. I'm not sure of this but I think that J.C has never beaten Belfry. If the Pirates come in fired up and knowing this will be their greatest battle of the season to date they will win. If Belfry thinks J.C. is going to roll over and die we will be in for a long night. I'm very passionate about Belfry football, I love the Pirates with everything in me we as fans need to be the example for these young boys. We need to sometimes agree to disagree on certain items. I'm excited about a great game at CAM stadium. I know that Russell has a bye week so we invite all the Russell Red Devil fans and players down to CAM and cheer with us for the mighty Pirates.

I will be making the trip more than likely, as long as there is good weather. Should be a great Highschool game, I will be cheering for Belfry myself, always like to see the smaller schools whoop up on the larger schools. What defense will belfry be sporting Friday? will it be that 11 men in the box deal they use against Russell? Also how good is Jc's line, I think thats the wild card. We know how good Belfry is, but if Jc can stalemate them most of the night and get Grimm free, he will cause alot of damage. Should be an awesome match up.

Nice post there Pirate4Life... and OH.... BTW.... I asked my hubby... (your neighbor) about the JC/Belfry matchup.... you were correct.... Belfry has beaten JC 23 times previously.... (as marked above)....
PHS1986 I love your answer on location . Very funny but sadly true LOL
Pirate4Life Wrote:PHS1986 I love your answer on location . Very funny but sadly true LOL

I would never tell a lie!!! LOLOL.....
Pirate4Life Wrote:PHS1986 I love your answer on location . Very funny but sadly true LOL

phs1986 Wrote:I would never tell a lie!!! LOLOL.....

Some people dont want to remember where its at LOL I lived there from the time i was 8 yrs old till i was 11.
DevilsWin Wrote:The Ashland team that Pikeville played was a completely different team than the one JC played. Thomas was QB and the TB(Rashard Carter) was a Sophmore when thay played Pikeville.

Johnson Central played a team with Sophmore Drew Royalty at QB and Thomas at TB. If Royalty had been QB against Pikevile Thomas would have had probably 300+ yards.

Have you ever seen Thomas run the ball? He's a steam roller.

If Royalty had all those snaps in the Non District schedule he would have been seasoned enough to probably get the Tomcats a play-off spot.

i agree with you. The Ashland team Pikeville played and the Ashland team JC played totally different. You cant compare week 2 Ashland and week 10 Ashland! A team usually gets better as the season progresses, plus Ashland and JC are rivals! Throw all record books away because they dont matter in these type of games. JC wasn't expecting the fired up Ashland after seeing what kind of season they had, and ashland put up 33. :eek: wow, not really that big of a deal considering JC doubled their score.
Belfry made mental mistakes against Magoffin, Pike Central, and East Carter... And still won by +30. We beat Sheldon Clark worse, and they are a better team than all 3 combined. Our boys get pumped for the big games, and there won't be many more this season bigger than this.

Win or lose, it doesn't matter. We'll see where we're weak, and make the improvements we need to be perfect in the playoffs. Winning this game and going perfect for the season is just icing, the cake is a win at Louisville. And icing isn't much good w/o cake.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5