Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Champ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there is several regions that are considered wide open but this one is probably the most wide open. Before district tournaments start, who you got to advance to Rupp?
Paintsville or Shelby Valley
Without a bracket I take either of those ^. Martin CO my next pick.
Pikeville
Martin Co. IS the team to beat right now. They typically implode in tournament play and lack experience, but they are playing well right now. That being said I think Pikeville comes out of nowhere and wins it with their whole backcourt out injured.
Valley or Martin County right now. Have to wait and see how the 57th turns out. I think JC beats Paintsville. Then interesting to see how the draw is. It will be all about matchups.
Does JCHS. PHS. Martin. MCHS. district seed or draw?
Shelby Valley or JC
Here are my predictions:

57th - Martin County vs. Johnson Central - Martin County wins
58th - Lawrence Co. vs. Betsy Layne - Lawrence wins
59th - Shelby Valley vs. Pikeville - Shelby Valley wins
60th - Pike Central vs. Phelps - Phelps wins

Obviously no one knows the region draw, but I'll predict what it might look like and the region tourney for sake of conversation:

Lawrence Co vs. Pike Central - LC wins
Shelby Valley vs. Johnson Central - JC wins
Martin County vs. Betsy Layne - MC wins
Phelps vs. Pikeville - Pikeville wins

Lawrence Co. vs. Johnson Central - JC wins
Martin Co. vs. Pikeville - MC wins

Martin County vs. Johnson Central (15th Championship)

Martin County beats JC for the fourth time and wins region

Phelps and Lawrence County could play spoiler. I'm not up to date on Pikeville's injury situation, but they're obviously very dangerous too.
Explorer Wrote:Does JCHS. PHS. Martin. MCHS. district seed or draw?

Seed
IntheZone Wrote:Seed

What’s seed looking like? Anyone know when they started seeding?
Explorer Wrote:What’s seed looking like? Anyone know when they started seeding?

1. Martin County
4. Magoffin Co.

2. Paintsville
3. Johnson Central
To my knowledge they have always done seeding in basketball. At least for as long as I can remember.
Shelby Valley or Martin, Co
District winners and runner-up & 15th region winner
57th
Winner-martin county
Runner up- Johnson central

58th
Winner- Lawrence county
Runner up- Betsy layne

59th
Winner- Shelby valley
Runner up- east Ridge

60th winner-phelps
Runner up- belfry

Region champs- Shelby valley
Runner up- phelps
This comes from somebody from the 57th district who had no clue. Dumb
When there are lots of viable options I'll lean toward the competitor who has the best player in the field. I took Martin County.
57th District
Martin Co over Paintsville
58th District
Betsy Layne over Lawrence Co
59th District
Shelby Valley over Pikeville
60th District
Phelps over Pike Central

15th Regional
1st Round
Pike Central upsets Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley over Paintsville
Martin Co over Lawrence Co
Phelps over Pikeville

Semi-finals
Shelby Valley over Pike Central
Martin Co over Phelps

Championship
Shelby Valley in a close one over Martin Co.
I can see a path where East Ridge could upset Pikeville!!
I can see a path where BL or Lawrence could be upset also!
JokersWild24 Wrote:When there are lots of viable options I'll lean toward the competitor who has the best player in the field. I took Martin County.

Then Shelby Valley? Potter is the best player in the region.
MVP2 Wrote:Then Shelby Valley? Potter is the best player in the region.

I'm sure he's a nice player but I dont think he'll be in the ACC next year. A 6'10 kid going D1 in the 15th doesn't come along often.
MVP2 Wrote:Then Shelby Valley? Potter is the best player in the region.

I was sold on James when I saw a 7 minute highlight tape of him playing high level AAU for Meanstreets. Some of those games were in the Peach Jam. If you can be effective there, you'll do it in the 15th too. Not trying to knock Potter.
He’ll be like E. Justice and Jody Thompson and transfer to a smaller college after a year or two
If James wasn’t 6’10” he wouldn’t be getting any attention. Potter is hands down the best player in the Region and best 3 point shooter I’ve seen in 10+ years. James as yet to even make it to a Regional tournament (he should this year). Him and his brother came back from Mercer county I believe when James was in 8th grade and hasn’t won a district title or All A and never played in a 15th Region tournament I don’t believe. A player that size in the Mountain should average 15 rebounds a game and right now Keaton and Francis are both out rebounding him. He isn’t the most important player on his team. That’s Dingess. If Dingess stays at Paintsville I don’t think Martin County would make it again this year.
JokersWild24 Wrote:I was sold on James when I saw a 7 minute highlight tape of him playing high level AAU for Meanstreets. Some of those games were in the Peach Jam. If you can be effective there, you'll do it in the 15th too. Not trying to knock Potter.

I would recommend watching him in person to really be a good judge. Anyone can make a good Highlight video but Highlights only shows you a very small part of what the player is about. Heart, fight, Hustle, that stuff that makes a player special. Hard to tell all that stuff in small little cut up clips.
JokersWild24 Wrote:When there are lots of viable options I'll lean toward the competitor who has the best player in the field. I took Martin County.

You go on thinking James is the best player if you want to, but you'd be wrong. Cody Potter is the best player in the region and it's not close.

Have you even see Potter play at all?
I’ve seen Potter play highly unguardable 6’5” and has in the gym range when he is on he is on big time no one can guard him....
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I would recommend watching him in person to really be a good judge. Anyone can make a good Highlight video but Highlights only shows you a very small part of what the player is about. Heart, fight, Hustle, that stuff that makes a player special. Hard to tell all that stuff in small little cut up clips.

Agreed that anyone can make a highlight tape, but disagree on making one at the Peach Jam. At that level, he's doing it against kids just as big as him and against teams full of talent. It'd be different if he were dunking on team's 6'2 center and stepping out from 10 to 15 and popping jumpers that were uncontested.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:If James wasn’t 6’10” he wouldn’t be getting any attention. Potter is hands down the best player in the Region and best 3 point shooter I’ve seen in 10+ years. James as yet to even make it to a Regional tournament (he should this year). Him and his brother came back from Mercer county I believe when James was in 8th grade and hasn’t won a district title or All A and never played in a 15th Region tournament I don’t believe. A player that size in the Mountain should average 15 rebounds a game and right now Keaton and Francis are both out rebounding him. He isn’t the most important player on his team. That’s Dingess. If Dingess stays at Paintsville I don’t think Martin County would make it again this year.

If my Uncle had female anatomy he'd be my Aunt.
More Cowbell Wrote:You go on thinking James is the best player if you want to, but you'd be wrong. Cody Potter is the best player in the region and it's not close.

Have you even see Potter play at all?

Not against the level of talent I've seen James play against.
Pages: 1 2