Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Champ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
JokersWild24 Wrote:Not against the level of talent I've seen James play against.

Only level of competition that matters right now is the 15th region. He has been playing against that competition since 8th grade and hasn’t even been to a Region tournament. Most kids in this region that are tall are wing players. Even Keaton is only like 6’4’’ and James can’t out rebound him. Most teams don’t even care about James, they worry more about stoping Dingess. Potter gets faced guarded by every team every night.
He has more rebounds than Keeton and has played a much tougher schedule than Francis. Not trying to knock anyone else. IMO, he's the best player and who I take if starting a team. Kind of an apples and oranges thing.

15th Region is wide open and there are lots of solid players. People see something in Potter or he wouldn't be playing at the next level. I can see why people would rank him higher at this level. Just a difference of opinion.
Lets break this down, A offer from Wake Forrest to Trey James as a Junior, this will let him play in the ACC, get a first class education from a first class school, and just saved mom and dad over $300,000.00 in tuition. Who else in the 15th region this year has gotten a basketball offer?

The season is not over yet and the Cardinals have good chance to win the 15th region this year.
Trey Francis was runner up by 2 votes over Potter. Trey is all around better player. He’s offense/defense,Potter can’t score with a defender on him within arms reach. Phelps put a 5’3” player on him last year he scored 9 points in one game 12 in regional. Ervin Stepp has even been following Francis all season & says he’s the best he’s seen in awhile. When Trey has an off game Phelps still pulls it out. They’ve won 10 games in a row. 2nd best record in region behind valley.
He’s signed with a no name school in Florida
about 2 players from this area has played all the way through D1
HORNET POWER Wrote:Trey Francis was runner up by 2 votes over Potter. Trey is all around better player. He’s offense/defense,Potter can’t score with a defender on him within arms reach. Phelps put a 5’3” player on him last year he scored 9 points in one game 12 in regional. Ervin Stepp has even been following Francis all season & says he’s the best he’s seen in awhile. When Trey has an off game Phelps still pulls it out. They’ve won 10 games in a row. 2nd best record in region behind valley.

Once again until Phelps actually plays/beats someone then come talk to me. Their best win is to BL twice whose about the 8th best team in the Region. Lost to Pikeville, Paintsville and Lawrence x2. Didn’t even schedule JC, Valley or MC. They played the same team Pikeville did in Gatlingburg and Pikeville won and Phelps lost. Getting a forefit win over Piarist and beating up on the 60th and horrible Virginia teams gets you a good record with nothing to back it up.

Also you were making fun of Potter going to a school in Florida. What are Francis offers and where is he going?
You are right Phelps didn’t schedule anybody this year they wanted a 20 win season with a weakest district in the region to play in, they have to get a good season this year cause they won’t have much coming up next season
BoyWonder14 Wrote:Once again until Phelps actually plays/beats someone then come talk to me. Their best win is to BL twice whose about the 8th best team in the Region. Lost to Pikeville, Paintsville and Lawrence x2. Didn’t even schedule JC, Valley or MC. They played the same team Pikeville did in Gatlingburg and Pikeville won and Phelps lost. Getting a forefit win over Piarist and beating up on the 60th and horrible Virginia teams gets you a good record with nothing to back it up.

Also you were making fun of Potter going to a school in Florida. What are Francis offers and where is he going?

Potter is a better shooter Francis is a better player. They play team ball at Phelps. Furthermore than that I’ll take Phelps over pikeville in the region if they happen to play. That’s a good ball club, well coaches and Francis is as unselfish as they come.
He has 3 D1 schools & several other schools looking seriously @ him.
Guys Trey Francis is a great player and great kid don’t put him down because of someone elses opinion no kid deserves that. The kid can play basketball at a high level along with several other players in the region. We have a bunch of talented players at just about every school. We need to build all our kids up instead of tearing them down over a bunch of old guys opinions on this site. College ball is college ball don’t care if it’s at UK or Upike.
And Potter lives on lower johns creek with his dad so he should be @ pike central
Wasn’t tearing anyone down I just asked if Francis had any offers. HornetPower was the one who said Potter was going to a no name college in Florida. And if Phelps gets to play Pikeville and beats them I’ll be the first to congratulate them. I’m just not going to crown them until they beat someone. Pikeville beat them at Phelps without the football players, Byers wasn’t back from a broken arm and Hall went down in first quarter. So if they beat Pikeville I will congratulate them.

Back to the Original topic. Shelby Valley and MC have to be the favorite. Only two teams in this Region that has wins over the top dogs and MC has beat Valley. I can’t wait till next week. AWA should be packed and will have tons of good basketball.
Well either Paintsville or JC season is gonna be over tonight. It’s a shame they gotta play first game of the district tournament. Any team can win this region this year.
HORNET POWER Wrote:He’s signed with a no name school in Florida

HORNET POWER Wrote:And Potter lives on lower johns creek with his dad so he should be @ pike central

You sound like a bitter, jealous old man (or woman). Knocking Potter for signing to play college ball in Florida? You should be so lucky. Have you ever even left northeastern Pike County?

And who cares where Potter lives? He has attended Shelby Valley all four years of high school. Anyone in Pike County can attend any school in the county to start high school, and he chose SV. That was his choice, no matter how many tears it has caused you to shed.
More Cowbell Wrote:You sound like a bitter, jealous old man (or woman). Knocking Potter for signing to play college ball in Florida? You should be so lucky. Have you ever even left northeastern Pike County?

And who cares where Potter lives? He has attended Shelby Valley all four years of high school. Anyone in Pike County can attend any school in the county to start high school, and he chose SV. That was his choice, no matter how many tears it has caused you to shed.

Why should it matter what school he signed with, the young man is getting his education paid for while doing what he loves.
HORNET POWER Wrote:Trey Francis was runner up by 2 votes over Potter. Trey is all around better player. He’s offense/defense,Potter can’t score with a defender on him within arms reach. Phelps put a 5’3” player on him last year he scored 9 points in one game 12 in regional. Ervin Stepp has even been following Francis all season & says he’s the best he’s seen in awhile. When Trey has an off game Phelps still pulls it out. They’ve won 10 games in a row. 2nd best record in region behind valley.

Potter can't score with a defender in arm's reach? That's hilarious. I've seen him play multiple times this year. He is the main focus of every opponent's defense. He is face guarded and double teamed every game, yet he still manages to average more than 25 points and nearly 10 rebounds per game. He shoots 50% from the floor including 42% from 3. Trey Francis has nice stats, but Potter's are clearly better, and he has done it against a tougher schedule.

Let's look at one more stat: who actually helps his team win? Potter's SV team has face Phelps and Francis 5 times in their high school years. Valley is 5-0 in those games, with the most recent being a 26 point win at last year's regional tournament. Game, set, match.
HORNET POWER Wrote:And Potter lives on lower johns creek with his dad so he should be @ pike central

Put the pipe down, you're rambling.
Who cares where he lives? Its 2020 and this has been something that is changing with time. Evolve or be left behind.

Potter is the best player in the region. Could've undoubtedly went to Marshall. Mark Cline @ Marshall was extremely intrigued with his abilities and he fit their system well there.

Behind Valley and Paintsville and Martin co. All 3 have 2 Region losses
Pages: 1 2