Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 2 A Championship Somerset 34 Mayfield 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Final.

Great great game!!!!
Congratulations
What a ballgame! Congrats to the Bunnies for one heck of an effort. Neither team quit and we may have gotten game of the weekend out of it.
Somerset finally gets it done in a state championship!
I've let it go all week. But there's your 42-21. Go Jumpera!
Way to go Somerset...so glad they won!!
Somerset finally gets that first title. I said it in another thread that they might be the best program in the state without a title along with Paintsville and Raceland. They went out there and got that monkey off their back.

Congrats Somerset Briar Jumpers

Congrats Mayfield on another great season.
🐇🐇🐁🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
I listen to it on radio I couldn’t believe it can’t wait to get to watch it. Congrats to both teams here it sounded like a great game
Way to go Jumpers!!!
Is there tape delay of the state championship games anywhere?
Heartbreaking lost.
Wow! Congratulations Somerset.
Absolutely unreal the way this game played out!
Unlike Mayfield to leave a receiver uncovered. Catastrophic consequences.
If there's another game any better than this one this weekend, wow. Unbelievable. My heart goes out to those Mayfield kids and staff. Both teams absolutely played their tails off.
Spud6 Wrote:Is there tape delay of the state championship games anywhere?

The 1A game was on WYMT’s Heroes & Icons channel a little while ago. Belfr should be on later. I would imagine 2A & 4A games will be on tomorrow
Congratulations Somerset!! I will eat crow on this one. Didn’t think y’all had a chance.
Mayfield's announcers portrayed PI as terrible call? Opinions ???
Congratulations Somerset :Cheerlead. Unbelievable game :Cheerlead
I said it all along, somerset is a damn good team. They proved they was battle tested and ready for anyone. Congrats
Spud6 Wrote:Is there tape delay of the state championship games anywhere?

Yes on the website you can watch replay. Nfhs website
Somerset deserved the win. They played better today. They almost choked it away but made a huge stop on defense along with a great drive to get the win.
A false start on a 4th and 1... a blown coverage for a giant play... pass interference on 3rd down... and blown coverage again for a TD......... a perfect recipe on how to loose a game.

Congrats to Somerset on a great game and making plays when it mattered... Crow doesn't taste good.
Redneck Wrote:The 1A game was on WYMT’s Heroes & Icons channel a little while ago. Belfr should be on later. I would imagine 2A & 4A games will be on tomorrow

Said they would show the replay 24 hrs after original broadcast. Definitely want to catch this one!
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Mayfield's announcers portrayed PI as terrible call? Opinions ???

It was a good call. Absolutely was a pass interference.
Happy for Somerset. That elusive title has been a long time coming. Unfortunately, it was at the Cardinals expense. Only one team can take home the trophy, but, both these teams are champions in my book. 2 evenly matched teams with a game that had many twists and turns and momentum swings. Pure jubilation on 1 side and pure heartbreak on the other.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Mayfield's announcers portrayed PI as terrible call? Opinions ???

Mayfield's broadcast team is pretty solid; I have always enjoyed their broadcasts. But, they are the epitome of "homers." All Mayfield, all the time. To me, the call seemed correct, but those types of plays are often subjective
ekywildcat Wrote:Said they would show the replay 24 hrs after original broadcast. Definitely want to catch this one!

Absolutely. As soon as I see an exact time, I’m setting the DVR just in case I ain’t home.

Now, Go Eagles 🦅 bring Championship #4 of the weekend back to mountains.

Had to be called. TV announcers both agreed it was PI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5