Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 2 A Championship Somerset 34 Mayfield 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It was definitely good call on the PI.
WildDawg Wrote:It was a good call. Absolutely was a pass interference.

Absolutely horrible call
The same receiver that caught the winning touchdown was just as wide open. The defender ran straight through him with the ball In the air. Easy call.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Mayfield's announcers portrayed PI as terrible call? Opinions ???

I thought it was a legit call, but most of the time in those circumstances it goes uncalled. Just my opinion. It was an absolute crazy 4th quarter!!!
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Absolutely horrible call

It was the correct call. I saw it before they threw a flag. The announcers also agreed it was pass interference. I have no dog in this fight and didn’t care who won.
as a Mayfield homer... the PI call was fine. Would have been nice to see the same ref that the NFL used in the NFC championship last year though
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Absolutely horrible call

How? He knocked him down with the ball in the air. Then you got burned on the same play. Doesn't matter. Somerset is your 2019 Champion.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Mayfield's announcers portrayed PI as terrible call? Opinions ???

I Didn't see it...but every small town radio crew suffers from mild to serious cases of homerism so I always take that into consideration.
Just curious, and I don’t feel like looking it up.

How many Championship games has Mayfield been to in the last 15 years, and what is their record in those games?
Spud6 Wrote:Is there tape delay of the state championship games anywhere?

It usually gets posted on YouTube later on.
Redneck Wrote:Somerset finally gets that first title. I said it in another thread that they might be the best program in the state without a title along with Paintsville and Raceland. They went out there and got that monkey off their back.

Congrats Somerset Briar Jumpers

Congrats Mayfield on another great season.

You forgot a program, bud.

Great game to watch from start to finish. Super impressed with Mayfield’s quarterback. Both quarterbacks were great.

That 4th quarter was wild and the $10 that it cost to watch these state championship games live from home have been well worth it.

Congrats Jumpers!!!
Heartbreaking loss for the Mayfield kids, I feel for them.

Congrats on a great season Cardinals, you guys have a great program.
Congrats to Somerset. Well deserved championship for that program. Keep your heads up Mayfield. You played your hearts out I'm proud. I probably won't post anymore after this. This one hurt worse than any before.
turkeysalad Wrote:Mayfield's broadcast team is pretty solid; I have always enjoyed their broadcasts. But, they are the epitome of "homers." All Mayfield, all the time. To me, the call seemed correct, but those types of plays are often subjective
I found them frustrating today. The play by play man just doesn't say anything when it's the other team moving the ball. Very little description unless it's a tackle for loss. Lol. Homers is an understatement, I'd think even the most devoted Cards fan would want the play described.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:It was definitely good call on the PI.

Appeared from the stands receiver got shoved down before the ball arrived. Looked like a good call in person.
turkeysalad Wrote:Mayfield's broadcast team is pretty solid; I have always enjoyed their broadcasts. But, they are the epitome of "homers." All Mayfield, all the time. To me, the call seemed correct, but those types of plays are often subjective

Pass interference is always a subjective call. I thought this one was a correct call.
Congrats to Somerset! They showed true heart and easily could have gave up after giving the lead up late in the game! That’s why you play the game of football!

Can’t wait to hear the excuses from one of the most arrogant fan bases in the state. Congrats once again to the jumpers!
After this outcome, if Somerset still had Miller, I think it’s a 2-3 touchdown game.
Congrats to one of the classiest if not the classiest fan base on Bluegrass Rivals. Congrats Somerset!
Elite Eagle Wrote:After this outcome, if Somerset still had Miller, I think it’s a 2-3 touchdown game.

Same could be said for Neely... football is a game of "next man up".

Also, i wasnt on the field, but from the broadcast it looked like there was great sportsmanship on both sides. (helping each other up, tapping helmets after big hits) Great to see!
Pikeville and Somerset need to meet up next Friday night and play the KY small school state title game...maybe Hazard would be generous enough to host it.

In all seriousness so happy for the Jumpers...way to represent the mountains...you guys are a mountain school correct? lol
Congratulations Jumpers !! When we scrimmaged Them talked to a lot of the parents , really nice group of people
I thought the referees :ref1::ref1::ref1::ref2::ref2: done an outstanding job today calling the right calls
Elite Eagle Wrote:After this outcome, if Somerset still had Miller, I think it’s a 2-3 touchdown game.

I’ll guess we’ll never know! If Neely stays in, Mayfield takes it.
Awesome game, congrats to somerset, Very good ball team, played hard, aggressive, and I thought with class. Enjoy the feeling, nothing like it, especially winning like you did. Congrats to
my cards as well, played good enough to win, just tuff way to lose.
Kinda surprised by this one..... Huge congrats to Somerset! Way to go Bunnies!
It's a shame that one of these teams had to lose today. Both left everything on the field!!! I know there's as much pain on one side as joy on the other.

Congratulations Bunnies on showing what never giving up really means!!

Good luck Seniors on both teams. God bless you in your future!!!

It looked like a pretty obvious call on the live stream.
congrats to Somerset on your first Championship!! You all are a excellent team.

I thought both teams did a good job at slowing down the defense of each team eliminating the deep threats.

Mayfield played too safe when trying to run the clock out, Stinson was hot today!

I see Somerset coming back year, heck of a team!!
Disciple of Leahy Wrote:I’ll guess we’ll never know! If Neely stays in, Mayfield takes it.

We’ll agree to disagree... Go Jumpers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5