Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Is this game 1 eastern or central time?
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Is this game 1 eastern or central time?
1 pm eastern
pjdoug Wrote:spoken like a true bird brain.

Call it like I see it. Complete domination by mayfield. If I remember last year a certain Corbin game you called me a few names for calling a blowout and well we all know how that went.......
CALpreps has this 33 Somerset and 31 Mayfield. So it should be a close game.
Mayfield 42
Somerset 28
Snakesnot Wrote:CALpreps has this 33 Somerset and 31 Mayfield. So it should be a close game.

It also has the mayfield beachwood game at 35 -20.. we all know how that turned out on rainy sloppy field...ha..

And then somerset vs beechwood 31-17....

Taken with a large grain of salt.....
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Call it like I see it. Complete domination by mayfield. If I remember last year a certain Corbin game you called me a few names for calling a blowout and well we all know how that went.......

Pay him no attention, he sits in his mummy’s basement in his one piece PJ’s trying to stir up trouble, cause his team is aPOS. Block his candy $&! And be done with him
rookie57 Wrote:Pay him no attention, he sits in his mummy’s basement in his one piece PJ’s trying to stir up trouble, cause his team is aPOS. Block his candy $&! And be done with him

A little harsh.
Nygfan106wins Wrote:A little harsh.

Nope, I blocked him, I only see his childish comments when he’s quoted, and that’s to much! He’s only here to try and start s$?!
ontopofthewest Wrote:Huh?? Talking about Somerset an Brethitt?

The original post referred to Mayfield having seen a big physical line in Madisonville and he was referring to Madisonville getting manhandled by Johnson Central this past weekend. Y'all stay clueless on here.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Who are you referring too..? Im a die hard fan too. We arnt having a classy conversation setting around a fireplace drinking a glass of wine, trying not to hurt some ones feelings. To many ***** cats in this world already..!! Guys lets be soft an cut our nuts an not talk bad about the other team an be sure not to disrespect anyone on here.. phahaha..... come on.... seriously grow a pair an make this fun....!! Ill respect a team when they earn it against us.. so far Somerset has never won a title an has never beaten us.. stop the run an spy the qb an force to pass make Somerset go match for match with scoring... Mayfield's play book.. Mayfield will score , Somerset needs to try and outscore Mayfield in a shootout...like another said earlier if Somerset trys to play keep away an run clock down they better do it with perfect precision an never fault.. i think Jaden picks apart bunny secondary..

great post Confusednicker:
ontopofthewest Wrote:Huh?? Talking about Somerset an Brethitt?

You said madisonville. senile? lol
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Call it like I see it. Complete domination by mayfield. If I remember last year a certain Corbin game you called me a few names for calling a blowout and well we all know how that went.......
I call it like I see it Smile.I'm no Corbin fan.
rookie57 Wrote:Pay him no attention, he sits in his mummy’s basement in his one piece PJ’s trying to stir up trouble, cause his team is aPOS. Block his candy $&! And be done with him
You claimed to have blocked me last year but spend a lot of time telling people not to pay attention to me :hilarious: . Calling my team a POS is an idiotic thing to say that I'd expect from you.
sluggo Wrote:The original post referred to Mayfield having seen a big physical line in Madisonville and he was referring to Madisonville getting manhandled by Johnson Central this past weekend. Y'all stay clueless on here.

I'm glad some can get by their own arrogance to pay attention.
sluggo Wrote:The original post referred to Mayfield having seen a big physical line in Madisonville and he was referring to Madisonville getting manhandled by Johnson Central this past weekend. Y'all stay clueless on here.

Madisonville did have a good sized line and they moved pretty well, too. Not to many teams in state are going to be able to go toe to toe with J. Central. Ask Belfry how that went for them. Mayfield was up big at halftime of that game and actually held the Maroons all-state RB to negative yards in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, they did put together a good drive for a score and then got a pic a couple of plays later where they took over at the 5 and quickly scored again. Both times, they made 2 point conversions and all of a sudden the score was 36-29 early in 3rd. They had Mayfield on their heels, all the momentum and the crowd back in it. From there, their Allstate RB got going and it was a shootout from there. To the Cardinals credit, they kept there composure and scored just enough to come out victorious on the road. To me, that's a sign of a great team and their big game experience paid off. Having 19seniors does help, despite what some may say or think.
Hope Maxpreps is wrong. They already have this game in the books as a 50-25 Somerset win. Maybe p.j. doug hacked their site in honor of 55. He even used 55 number bookending Mayfield being 0-2 the last couple years in Lexington. I'm on to you p b & j Dougie. In all seriousness I think this will be a great game that both teams have a chance to win, and could go either way. I think all 6 games will be really good.
These 2 only met one other time with MHS coming out on top 22-8, winning the state title for 2a.
MHS is 12 and 11 all time in state title games.

SHS is 0-5 all time in state title games.
pjdoug Wrote:You said madisonville. senile? lol

Not at all... not taking up for madi, but they were down 2tds in the start of the 4th i think and turned the ball over twice inside jc 25 yrd line then deflated .. jc was an is the better team but madi had their chances.. and they were strong an physical.. there i bit....🤣.. long drive too im sure had an effect as they are definitely not used to playing this time of year or traveling that far..
mysonis55 Wrote:MHS is 12 and 11 all time in state title games.

SHS is 0-5 all time in state title games.

Carefull 55... dont make fun... gonna hurt some feelings or cause ppl to judge...🤣
pjdoug Wrote:I call it like I see it Smile.I'm no Corbin fan.

Yeah but I'm sure you was on their bandwagon for that game
The last time Somerset was in state finals was 2009. They were 14-0 and facing a 8-6 PT team.
Not trying to hurt feelings. Just putting some facts out there. I am excited, it’s state championship week.
Rookie 57, no need to try to argue with PJ. He enlists the help of his momma for the replies.
What does that have to do with anything? Should be a good game. Could go either way. Mayfield will have success throwing the ball. I dont think their running game will be a huge factor. Somerset has to keep the chains moving and the big plays will come. I'll take my Jumpers by 6.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Hope Maxpreps is wrong. They already have this game in the books as a 50-25 Somerset win. Maybe p.j. doug hacked their site in honor of 55. He even used 55 number bookending Mayfield being 0-2 the last couple years in Lexington. I'm on to you p b & j Dougie. In all seriousness I think this will be a great game that both teams have a chance to win, and could go either way. I think all 6 games will be really good.
Lol. Mayfield is the favorite but Somerset is pretty good. Are you going to the game?
ontopofthewest Wrote:Not at all... not taking up for madi, but they were down 2tds in the start of the 4th i think and turned the ball over twice inside jc 25 yrd line then deflated .. jc was an is the better team but madi had their chances.. and they were strong an physical.. there i bit....🤣.. long drive too im sure had an effect as they are definitely not used to playing this time of year or traveling that far..
Yeah but turnovers are forced sometimes. Johnson Central is on another level ,but Madisonville is not quite as strong as advertised. There's no doubt how good Mayfield is but some of you try to pump their opponents up to be better than they really are Smile. I think Somerset can cause them problems, but there's no doubt Mayfield could blow the game open in a hurry.
nice stat, Bunnies are 0-1 vs the Cards in state title games. Lets ,ale it 0-2 Sat
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Yeah but I'm sure you was on their bandwagon for that game
I would never be on their bandwagon ever. I have one team and I stick with them until the end if they never win a game Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10