Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Somerset fans you are about to witness an old fashioned, take your butt behind the woodshed, butt whooping. You had a good season. Not great, but good. But Saturday from first whistle to the last, you are going to witness the greatest show on turf you have ever witnessed. If you blink twice it's going to be over with. And all this ball control and control the line nonsense you been talking about is ridiculous. We love it. You go three and out and we score on our first play. You repeat we score. You see the pattern here. Running clock in 3rd quarter. Silly rabbits...state championships are for cardinals. #13 coming back to mayfield.
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Somerset fans you are about to witness an old fashioned, take your butt behind the woodshed, butt whooping. You had a good season. Not great, but good. But Saturday from first whistle to the last, you are going to witness the greatest show on turf you have ever witnessed. If you blink twice it's going to be over with. And all this ball control and control the line nonsense you been talking about is ridiculous. We love it. You go three and out and we score on our first play. You repeat we score. You see the pattern here. Running clock in 3rd quarter. Silly rabbits...state championships are for cardinals. #13 coming back to mayfield.

Very well said. Show up and enjoy your beat down jumpers. Itl be quick and painless. None of your wins matter and your opponent is humble and gracious. Take pride in the appearance and humility in the loss.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Very well said. Show up and enjoy your beat down jumpers. Itl be quick and painless. None of your wins matter and your opponent is humble and gracious. Take pride in the appearance and humility in the loss.

Not gonna fall into that trap. We expect a good game.
Not only are the rpi numbers similar but so are defensive numbers. I just ran the numbers on the only opponent we shared in common. Somerset held Beechwood to a total of 202 yards. That was 100 passing and 102 rushing. Mayfield held Beechwood to 151 total yards. That’s 95 passing and 56 rushing. I’m sure some of the yards for both games came on the JV squads.
I'm not interested in this pissing match. You guys have fun. We'll see you Saturday.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I know one stat none of our previous opponents at Kroger Field or Somerset will beat. The travel time to state games. It’s over a 4 hour trip to Lexington from Mayfield. Somerset is approx 1.5 hours Cal 1.25 hours Danville .85 hours these games were a whole lot better when they were centralized at WKU. The travel time was closer to the same for everyone.

I totally agree with this statement. Louisville was okay. But, WK was awesome. No way Lexington is central. If PT had made it, add another half hour.
Why don’t we have a poll on this one like the others do?
This is the matchup iv been looking forward too... really curious to see this big physical line an all this d1 talent.. with wat has been said i dont see how mayfield is favored.. with talent level of this Somerset team Mayfield should be the underdogs... i hope for a cool dry day on Saturday... i dont want any excuses... personally the bunnies look pretty decent on film but these fans on here are seeing the light.. its finaly time to regain the throne.. lets here some play styles an stats on here so we all dont have to go filtering through old post to look at comparables..
I know one thing if the field wouldn't had been a marsh of slop an dry ..it woulda been a 3qt blow out on beechwood.. 3-4 over thrown balls to wide open recievers the picks all contributed to wet conditions.. shame cause i really felt the score was way closer than game ever appeared.. hoping for dry forcast so both teams can be up to their potential on sat... who is home who is away??
mysonis55 Wrote:Why don’t we have a poll on this one like the others do?

Poles are useless 55... we know who is gonna win...
ontopofthewest Wrote:This is the matchup iv been looking forward too... really curious to see this big physical line an all this d1 talent.. with wat has been said i dont see how mayfield is favored.. with talent level of this Somerset team Mayfield should be the underdogs... i hope for a cool dry day on Saturday... i dont want any excuses... personally the bunnies look pretty decent on film but these fans on here are seeing the light.. its finaly time to regain the throne.. lets here some play styles an stats on here so we all dont have to go filtering through old post to look at comparables..
I know one thing if the field wouldn't had been a marsh of slop an dry ..it woulda been a 3qt blow out on beechwood.. 3-4 over thrown balls to wide open recievers the picks all contributed to wet conditions.. shame cause i really felt the score was way closer than game ever appeared.. hoping for dry forcast so both teams can be up to their potential on sat... who is home who is away??
And I got bashed for suggesting a running clock before we knew the weather report. I just knew they couldn’t match up. It wasn’t meant as a slight, they usually are a very tough opponent.

However, don’t sleep on the Bunnies. I think we should be okay but, I do think we are in for a fight.
I agreed.. i had a 4th qt running clock predicted untill i seen the weather.. then i knew things cold seriously change.. but even with a few mistakes an jaden really not haveing a A game we still totally controled every aspect of the game...
Bunnies are a different team yes, but i see a separation still.. only player that seems to be worry some is their qb..
I think comparing the two teams play beechwood is a complete wash.. means nothing.. that was second game of the season.... big difference vs the 14th... an i think someone was out for bw too..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Poles are useless

Katina Powell would disagree.
CowboyDad Wrote:Katina Powell would disagree.

Lmao
ontopofthewest Wrote:I agreed.. i had a 4th qt running clock predicted untill i seen the weather.. then i knew things cold seriously change.. but even with a few mistakes an jaden really not haveing a A game we still totally controled every aspect of the game...
Bunnies are a different team yes, but i see a separation still.. only player that seems to be worry some is their qb..
I think comparing the two teams play beechwood is a complete wash.. means nothing.. that was second game of the season.... big difference vs the 14th... an i think someone was out for bw too..

Yeah only player that can play is their qb. Good point. Mayfield has this. Be a shocker if Somerset stayed within 3 TDs honestly.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Yeah only player that can play is their qb. Good point. Mayfield has this. Be a shocker if Somerset stayed within 3 TDs honestly.

I love how you are playing this. You ain’t getting it. I don’t think any more than 1 out of every 10 Mayfield fans think Somerset has only one talented player or that this will be a blowout. I see 2 similar teams and a good game coming. No bulletin board material here.
Got to see Somerset this year play Danville @ home in Oct. and my first thought was that they are definitely not any better than anyone on Mayfields schedule..They have a nice solid offensive game even without their stellar running back who was lost for the season and they will be able to put points on the board..OL has very good size but had trouble blocking quick athletic type defenders..Considering this was a very young and undermanned Admiral team I was really surprised with all the hype I had been hearing about the guys in the trenches..
Defensively is where they appeared to be at a loss IMO because I just dont think they can stop the Mayfield aerial attack when its clicking..DL will get some pressure on QB without a doubt but LBs and DBs as a whole shouldn't match up well with our receiving corps and mix it with our running game and I believe they will be on there heals all night..Just my observation from the game I saw in person..Somerset has a very talented team and I'm not taking anything away from them because we have our own faults as a team but i think we are just are a little more polished right now and I think we can put enough points on the board to win this game..Should still be an exciting game to watch none the less..Believe we will have the advantage in the kicking game IMO..Good luck Bunnies and Cards and have an injury free final game and leave it all on the field..LETS GO GET #13
I hope Mayfield can come away with the title. They have 19 seniors that have seen themselves fall a little short these last 3 years and deserves at least 1 ring. Plus, they lose a ton of talent this year, so, it maybe awhile before we get back to this position.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I hope Mayfield can come away with the title. They have 19 seniors that have seen themselves fall a little short these last 3 years and deserves at least 1 ring. Plus, they lose a ton of talent this year, so, it maybe awhile before we get back to this position.

I agree. I hope they want it more than we want it for them. Talent has never been an issue with this bunch. Now, bring the heart to match that talent.
Am I the only one who grabs a stack full of the plastic cups at these games that others leave behind? I have them going back to 2009!
People will exchange pleasantries about how it will be a good game and blah blah blah, but the truth is if you ain't a jumper you don't believe any of that. You believe Mayfield is superior and will dominate. Those feelings may be justified based on previous state championship showings and the team Mayfield has, but we don't need anyone else to believe. I won't predict an outcome, but I will bet that Jumpers will prove their worthiness. So, no we don't need to make stuff up for bulletin board material. There has been enough post from previous threads that show the lack of respect from Mayfield fans and others.
BJN0502 Wrote:People will exchange pleasantries about how it will be a good game and blah blah blah, but the truth is if you ain't a jumper you don't believe any of that. You believe Mayfield is superior and will dominate. Those feelings may be justified based on previous state championship showings and the team Mayfield has, but we don't need anyone else to believe. I won't predict an outcome, but I will bet that Jumpers will prove their worthiness. So, no we don't need to make stuff up for bulletin board material. There has been enough post from previous threads that show the lack of respect from Mayfield fans and others.

Amen! It’ll all be played out come Saturday. Win or lose, these Jumpers have played one heck of a season.
I’m gonna run a series of some more stats that will help everyone to see just how close these two are to each other.
Team Scoring for 2a
Mayfield is #3 at an avg of 45.8 points per game
Somerset is #4 at an avg of 40.9 points per game

Scoring Defense for 2a
Somerset is #4 at 15.7 points allowed per game
Mayfield is #6 at 17.4 points allowed per game

Scoring Margin for 2a
Mayfield is #2 with a margin of 28.5 per game
Somerset is #3 with a margin of 25.1 per game

Rushing for 2a
Somerset is #6 with an avg of 228 yds per game
Mayfield is #20 with an avg of 153 yds per game

Passing
Mayfield is #2 with an avg of 263 yds per game
Somerset is #5 with an avg of 221 yds per game
Individual Rushing for 2a
Galbreath is #10 with 1,323 yards and 15 touchdowns (still haven’t updated this weeks stats)
Sheron is #30 with 761 yards and 8 touchdowns
Individual passing for 2a
Stinson is #3 with 3,318 yards, 46 touchdowns and 10 ints, not including this weeks stats

Sheron is #5 with 3,043 yards, 27 touchdowns and 5 ints
Receiving for 2a
Neely is #7 with 1,088 yds and 18 touchdowns
Perry is #17 with 721 yds and 10 touchdowns
Daniel is #21 with 641 yds and 10 touchdowns
Puckett is #26 with 553 yds and 5 touchdowns
....not yet updated with this weeks stats

Grundy is #4 with 1,390 yds and 15 touchdowns
PAT’s
Haley is #1 with 73 of 80

FG’s
Haley is #3 with 5 of 7
Mayfield has to be the favorite. All I can tell them is don't sleep on the Rabbits.
BJN0502 Wrote:People will exchange pleasantries about how it will be a good game and blah blah blah, but the truth is if you ain't a jumper you don't believe any of that. You believe Mayfield is superior and will dominate. Those feelings may be justified based on previous state championship showings and the team Mayfield has, but we don't need anyone else to believe. I won't predict an outcome, but I will bet that Jumpers will prove their worthiness. So, no we don't need to make stuff up for bulletin board material. There has been enough post from previous threads that show the lack of respect from Mayfield fans and others.

True respect in football is earned
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:True respect in football is earned

True respect is earned, but the lack of respect comes about in many ways one being arrogance. I will pull for Somerset knowing Mayfield will be very good and most likely the best team Somerset has played. Only other on that leval would be LCA.Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10