Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What’s standing in the way of #13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I feel good about Mayfield’s chances of getting 13th state title. All we have left in the way is 2 little kittens and a bunny.
Mayfield is the heavy favorite. Everybody else playing for second place. Whoever makes it will struggle to compete with the Cards. State game could get ugly.
I do think The Cards make it back to State, but, once there, it’s a tossup, be it Somerset or Breathitt Co. They'll be a tough out, for sure. Always are.
I've thought all year that Mayfield would be the 2019 2A State Champions, and my mind hasn't changed. Good Luck.
This isn't the response that I was expecting.
mysonis55 Wrote:This isn't the response that I was expecting.

Gosh you’re so arrogant haha.

A little better? 😂😂
It seemed to me the last few years, that this batch of Mayfield players go into bigger games (Semis and State) with some nerves. Jayden putting a little too much on his passes, others making little mistakes, etc... that end up costing them in crunch time. I like Mayfield's chances this year to make it to Kroger, mainly, because the road goes through War Memorial. I would bet on them winning the title this year, but I definitely don't have the "unwavering confidence" that some other Mayfield posters have for this years team. They are very good, with all the things they need to win a title... i just worry about their ability to come out in the big games and bring the A+ game needed to win.

My predictions
Mayfield vs. Edmonson: Running clock
Mayfield vs. BWOOD: MF 14+
Mayfield vs. Somerset: MF 7+
You must be looking for a "little bit" of attention today. With that being said, there are no guarantees and anything could happen on any given Friday night. So as the old saying goes "Don't count your chickens, before they are hatched"!!
mysonis55 Wrote:I feel good about Mayfield’s chances of getting 13th state title. All we have left in the way is 2 little kittens and a bunny.

Well I been picking mayfield the last two year and loss both times don’t make it three times or I’m jumping ship next year. Confusednicker:
No doubt the Cards are the favorites and the most experienced. But a cool wet game sometimes will make the unexpected happen. The Cards could stand a little better d play but I think and hope they will get it done
Lack of championship level defense and running game.
I'm not 100% confident that Mayfield will win it all yet. Could you post the average margin of victory for Mayfield in the playoffs over the last 36 years to make me feel better about it? Or maybe the run/pass breakdown of every Mayfield title team? Or better yet, the breakfast that you had for every Mayfield title win/loss so we can compare? Also, make a separate thread for each of these.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm not 100% confident that Mayfield will win it all yet. Could you post the average margin of victory for Mayfield in the playoffs over the last 36 years to make me feel better about it? Or maybe the run/pass breakdown of every Mayfield title team? Or better yet, the breakfast that you had for every Mayfield title win/loss so we can compare? Also, make a separate thread for each of these.

Don't give him ideas :lmao::hilarious:
CS17 Wrote:It seemed to me the last few years, that this batch of Mayfield players go into bigger games (Semis and State) with some nerves. Jayden putting a little too much on his passes, others making little mistakes, etc... that end up costing them in crunch time. I like Mayfield's chances this year to make it to Kroger, mainly, because the road goes through War Memorial. I would bet on them winning the title this year, but I definitely don't have the "unwavering confidence" that some other Mayfield posters have for this years team. They are very good, with all the things they need to win a title... i just worry about their ability to come out in the big games and bring the A+ game needed to win.

My predictions
Mayfield vs. Edmonson: Running clock
Mayfield vs. BWOOD: MF 14+
Mayfield vs. Somerset: MF 7+

I agree with alot of that. However, it hadn't been that long. Just think about the improvements in the area of nerves and all that you made between sophomore year and senior year. They have admittedly had those issues, however, now they are the most experienced bunch still alive in 2a.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm not 100% confident that Mayfield will win it all yet. Could you post the average margin of victory for Mayfield in the playoffs over the last 36 years to make me feel better about it? Or maybe the run/pass breakdown of every Mayfield title team? Or better yet, the breakfast that you had for every Mayfield title win/loss so we can compare? Also, make a separate thread for each of these.

Sure can. Ate the same thing for breakfast today as I have for the last 4 regional championship games. 44-0 at War Memorial in playoffs since 2003. That would mean the last time we were beaten at home in the playoffs was when Danville beat us in the semi finals that year.:1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1:
Do ya'll think the Cards could get into trouble with the feds. I heard they made a new federal law that it's a felony to abuse pets. And, here we go, 3 straight weeks of beating pet kitty cats and rabbits.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mayfield is the heavy favorite. Everybody else playing for second place. Whoever makes it will struggle to compete with the Cards. State game could get ugly.

Lol, not biting,,,
mysonis55 Wrote:I agree with alot of that. However, it hadn't been that long. Just think about the improvements in the area of nerves and all that you made between sophomore year and senior year. They have admittedly had those issues, however, now they are the most experienced bunch still alive in 2a.

Sure, I agree with that... lots of improvement/experience from sophomore year to senior year... But, we also had the experience of coming through and winning 2 titles before our senior year rolled around. So a thought that I have is that, yes, they have more time and experience now, but they might have more pressure on their shoulders since they haven't won a title. Sure, everyone feels pressure before a big game... but the pressure these players could be putting on themselves to not be "the team that didn't win a title" could be a problem... or I think it would have been for me. Hopefully they aren't falling into this trap and come with their best games down the stretch.
mysonis55 Wrote:I feel good about Mayfield’s chances of getting 13th state title. All we have left in the way is 2 little kittens and a bunny.

Danville thought you felt good too.
Hound05 Wrote:Gosh you’re so arrogant haha.

A little better? 😂😂

That's why I love it when she gits that hind end spanked behind the woodshed.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Don't give him ideas :lmao::hilarious:

Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Do ya'll think the Cards could get into trouble with the feds. I heard they made a new federal law that it's a felony to abuse pets. And, here we go, 3 straight weeks of beating pet kitty cats and rabbits.

:lame:
I believe its Mayfield's to lose.
mysonis55 Wrote:Do ya'll think the Cards could get into trouble with the feds. I heard they made a new federal law that it's a felony to abuse pets. And, here we go, 3 straight weeks of beating pet kitty cats and rabbits.

:lmao::hilarious:
Another entire thread about Mayfield? Give it a rests Myson!!
Ballmom1 Wrote:Another entire thread about Mayfield? Give it a rests Myson!!

If it weren’t game day and I’m busy, I would do another one. But, I will wait til tomorrow or so.
pjdoug Wrote:Danville thought you felt good too.

Where they at? I didn’t see them on the bracket. I didn’t see WC either.
mysonis55 Wrote:Where they at? I didn’t see them on the bracket. I didn’t see WC either.

They are in your head little girl. You know where they are.
The LCA vs Somerset game was the best 2A matchup. Bunnies won and will do the same on December 7th.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:The LCA vs Somerset game was the best 2A matchup. Bunnies won and will do the same on December 7th.

:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4