Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Quarterfinal Walton Verona @ Breathitt County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Bobcats come in as the #1 Seed in districts 5-8 and are 12-0 I see them coming out of this 13-0 , gotta love some playoff football on the riverbank
Breathitt 48
Walton Verona 14
The Game will be played 11/22/19
This might be the toughest team Breathitt has played so far this year. I expect the Bobcats to still come out on top but it might be interesting for a couple minutes.
I with Spud 6 I think this game maybe really tight for couple quarters. Walton-Verona has a lot more play off experience than Bobcats. They went to Semi Finals last year so I’m sure they have quite few players that play on that team last year . But I do think Charles Andrew Collins will to much for them to handle. I think Bobcats turn on second half
Breathitt 46
Walton-Verona 14
Breathitt by 14
Breathitt 48-16
Might be close for a quarter
Bobcats playing with a chip on their shoulder
Bobcats- 42
WV-14
Walton by 15
I may end of being wrong but after brief research I can not see this game being close. BC by 20+ The Bobcats ran a vanilla offense against Middlesboro and still had to take their foot off the gas in order to not score 70. And the defense seems to have worked out some kinks.
I think this one is over early, WV is not in the same league as Brethitt this year
I will disagree I believe Walton has played a tougher schedule and it will show in this game
Mr cold74 Wrote:I will disagree I believe Walton has played a tougher schedule and it will show in this game
Have to agree on the schedule but then again there are not many if any teams that have played a weaker schedule. But the Bobcats are legit and will compete against anyone in 2A. Note I said compete not beat. But they have a chance and that is better than the pat several seasons. All teams left can pull an upset if things fall just right. All the favorites need to take care of business and stay focused.
I think WV will give BC all they want. But, BC will get one last win for the year.
Looks like Mayfield fans aren't going to get their wish to see Breathitt come to War Memorial this year. If the favorites win this next week then it'll be Beechwood at Mayfield and Breathitt at Somerset in the semis. Could possibly be a state finals matchup still though
Breathitt County 49
Walton-Verona 07
pirateforlife Wrote:Looks like Mayfield fans aren't going to get their wish to see Breathitt come to War Memorial this year. If the favorites win this next week then it'll be Beechwood at Mayfield and Breathitt at Somerset in the semis. Could possibly be a state finals matchup still though

You are correct. We will not get our chance at BC this year. They will have a close game this week and the Somerset will take them out next week.
mysonis55 Wrote:You are correct. We will not get our chance at BC this year. They will have a close game this week and the Somerset will take them out next week.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!! If Bobcats doesn’t get a chance at cardinals the Briar Jumpers will get you!!!! Either way Mountains going take home the hardware in 2A!!!! Mountains going take home the Hardware 1A,2A,3A, and very possible 4A.
Statebound19 Wrote:Be careful what you wish for!!!!! If Bobcats doesn’t get a chance at cardinals the Briar Jumpers will get you!!!! Either way Mountains going take home the hardware in 2A!!!! Mountains going take home the Hardware 1A,2A,3A, and very possible 4A.

Mayfield may not win it all, but I’m confident IF BC makes it to somerset, somerset will destroy them
Mr cold74 Wrote:I will disagree I believe Walton has played a tougher schedule and it will show in this game

No argument there on tougher schedule. But not like WV has played a awesome schedule either. Played Newport Catholic which is some what down to there standard. Cincinatti Hills is usually pretty good but not sure . I’m sure WV will come out with something prove but Bobcats also have chip on shoulder and are looking make statement. This Bobcats team is taking one game at time. I’m looking forward to big game on River Bank!!!! Place will be packed and amp up. Playoffs are Pretty unique time at Mike Holcomb Complex!!! The buzz is back in air in Breathitt County!!!!!
Keep underestimating breathitt co and watch them bring the trophy back to Holcomb field. I am not saying any team is better than the other but I have watch all the teams everyone keeps saying will destroy breathitt and breathitt will play with them all four quarters.
This will be a interesting game with opinion split on who wins like it is.
It’s a dang shame that they got a higher rpi than Beechwood. I would rather put a running clock on them at War Memorial than the Tigers.
Grown men from mayfield make it incredibly easy to root against the mayfield high school football team. I’m assuming that these MF fans on here are alumni... did the school not teach humility or how to converse with others without sounding like a complete and arrogant jerk? I’m not even a Breathitt fan but watching mayfield fans beat a dead horse over and over again gets pretty old. I’ll be rooting for anyone that plays against Mayfield!!
Elite Eagle Wrote:Grown men from mayfield make it incredibly easy to root against the mayfield high school football team. I’m assuming that these MF fans on here are alumni... did the school not teach humility or how to converse with others without sounding like a complete and arrogant jerk? I’m not even a Breathitt fan but watching mayfield fans beat a dead horse over and over again gets pretty old. I’ll be rooting for anyone that plays against Mayfield!!

LMBO, you guys get suckered in by a guy who’s TRYING to bait you, and you bit! It’s a public forum, heck I don’t like half what he says, if u can’t handle it maybe YOU GUYS should leave site. I personally hate it when anyone roots against us because of what a poster on here says, BUT most likely you were pulling against the cardinals anyway!
Bye felica
If you never watched Breathitt County RB Charles Andrew Collins play football you are missing out. If you’re looking for high school game on Friday to go to, come Breathitt Co and watch this Collins kid play. He is a beast and one most exciting players to watch running the ball. He special player and he has some great players around him as well. Bobcats will be tested for sure but these players are ready for challenge. I love see buzz in air again about Breathitt Football. I’m glad Coach Moore finally got all pieces he needed to get this program back towards the top. Go Bobcats let’s beat Walton-Verona on Friday.
You can absolutely count on the semis, both of them being running clocks. The only chance you have of that not happening is if the weather doesn’t cooperate, as in rain. Besides that, don’t care if you root against us. The bitterness makes it that much more sweet when we win.
I don't know the posters on here and don't like to get involved in some of their post. I am sure that the majority of the Mayfield fans just hope for a win and don't think a running clock is important, just a win, that is all that counts in the end. I think the last 4 remaining teams after this coming Friday have the capability of winning and it they don't play their A game, all have the potential of being eliminated. I do believe a fan that is used to the winning like Mayfield has always has a right to brag a little. They dominate western KY football and for the last 20 years have a winning record that is great. So, let the ones that think they know everything about the game sound their horns and don't let it affect you because it is just one or two trying to stir the pot. Hopefully it is all in fun. At least that is how I take it. Now after all that spoken I think BC wins this one by 14.
Part of it is in fun. However, the running clock thing is based upon what we see and what we have seen. Like it or not, it is more than likely true. I will share more in another thread.
rookie57 Wrote:LMBO, you guys get suckered in by a guy who’s TRYING to bait you, and you bit! It’s a public forum, heck I don’t like half what he says, if u can’t handle it maybe YOU GUYS should leave site. I personally hate it when anyone roots against us because of what a poster on here says, BUT most likely you were pulling against the cardinals anyway!

It is a public forum it is also adults talking so this kid or whatever is trying to trigger people to get a response maybe he is the one that should leave via the rest of us can treat others with respect idk it might just be how he was rised or where he comes from
Pages: 1 2 3 4