Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Quarterfinal Walton Verona @ Breathitt County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
deadfish Wrote:I don't know the posters on here and don't like to get involved in some of their post. I am sure that the majority of the Mayfield fans just hope for a win and don't think a running clock is important, just a win, that is all that counts in the end. I think the last 4 remaining teams after this coming Friday have the capability of winning and it they don't play their A game, all have the potential of being eliminated. I do believe a fan that is used to the winning like Mayfield has always has a right to brag a little. They dominate western KY football and for the last 20 years have a winning record that is great. So, let the ones that think they know everything about the game sound their horns and don't let it affect you because it is just one or two trying to stir the pot. Hopefully it is all in fun. At least that is how I take it. Now after all that spoken I think BC wins this one by 14.

Why do Mayfield fans have a right to brag? Their success in recent years isn't because of anyone on this site. All they have done is run their mouths and watch the game. How many tackles do these guys have, how many TDs, how many key blocks?
wolfcat Wrote:Why do Mayfield fans have a right to brag? Their success in recent years isn't because of anyone on this site. All they have done is run their mouths and watch the game. How many tackles do these guys have, how many TDs, how many key blocks?

As many as you had. We are aloud to express our opinions same as you are. Thing is, we are experienced enough to make educated ones. Even, if you thing it’s bragging. Until proven wrong, my opinion is that this game will be close and the winner gets a running clock put on them next week.
Know this, many/most of the Mayfield "fans" that are the loudest on message boards didn't attend and/or play football at Mayfield. They've just jumped on the bandwagon by sending their kids there.
Statebound19 Wrote:Be careful what you wish for!!!!! If Bobcats doesn’t get a chance at cardinals the Briar Jumpers will get you!!!! Either way Mountains going take home the hardware in 2A!!!! Mountains going take home the Hardware 1A,2A,3A, and very possible 4A.

Somerset is not part of this Mountains nonsense. Somerset doesn't considered themselves a mountain team. Never have, never will.
ColtPride Wrote:Somerset is not part of this Mountains nonsense. Somerset doesn't considered themselves a mountain team. Never have, never will.
Well if you’re rating WYMT Mountains Top Ten which they’re 4th you’re in mountains!!! Sorry about there luck but there a mountain team no matter if the want to be labeled that or not.
mysonis55 Wrote:As many as you had. We are aloud to express our opinions same as you are. Thing is, we are experienced enough to make educated ones. Even, if you thing it’s bragging. Until proven wrong, my opinion is that this game will be close and the winner gets a running clock put on them next week.
I really question if you’re even from Mayfield. I do have some friends there and they very proud people not arrogant or boastful!!! As long as I have known them I have never in anyway heard belittle a team. They nicest most respect people I have ever met!! I guess if you’re from there you move there. I’m all for taking pride in your team but some of stuff you say means you’re clueless about football. You seem like fair weather fan at best.
Myson 55, there wont be a running clock for you vs Breathitt next weekend I can promise you that. You will get a good dose of CA Collins. He will shred you guys. Breathitts line is as big as Murray States.
Statebound19 Wrote:Well if you’re rating WYMT Mountains Top Ten which they’re 4th you’re in mountains!!! Sorry about there luck but there a mountain team no matter if the want to be labeled that or not.

I don't care if that silly station includes them in the top ten or not. They are not a mountain school. That's just silly.
I have talked with some of the Mayfield fans over the years and the ones I have talked to know their football. Many have played and have had or now have kids on the team. They have a tradition of winning and because of that they expect to win no matter who they play. As stated before I don't know any of the posters on here but can overlook most of the stuff they post because it doesn't mean squat. I have seen predictions they make happen and they make predictions that don't happen. As stated by someone else they can't make a thing happen, it is the team that suits up every Friday night that decides the outcome. I am sure the kids that play the game read comments made here and I hope they realize that the stuff posted here is just talk and some haven't a clue about the game. Mayfield has a great football program, just look at their accomplishments the last 20 years. Very few if any teams can compare. I don't think it is arrogance, just a habit of winning and often by large margins, so I can put up with them. They have a right to brag until someone else proves otherwise. I am not a Mayfield fan, just like football and follow a few teams throughout the season. Good luck to all this Friday. Enough about this, lets talk about the two teams that this post is about, not Mayfield.
deadfish is correct!! Back on topic.

I will delete further posts made off topic.
rookie57 Wrote:LMBO, you guys get suckered in by a guy who’s TRYING to bait you, and you bit! It’s a public forum, heck I don’t like half what he says, if u can’t handle it maybe YOU GUYS should leave site. I personally hate it when anyone roots against us because of what a poster on here says, BUT most likely you were pulling against the cardinals anyway!

I certainly am not upset at what was said on a high school football thread that did not even involve the team the team that cheer for every year. But I think I speak for most posters in this website when I say that we come here to talk football and stay up to date on high school football... so it is unfortunate when posters or trolls ramble on in threads that don’t even concern their given team.
I can’t make a prediction because I know nothing about Walton-Verona. Can anyone give me an idea of what style of football they play?
Cat Daddy Wrote:I can’t make a prediction because I know nothing about Walton-Verona. Can anyone give me an idea of what style of football they play?

I was wondering the same thing. All I can tell from their stats is they are a run first team. They seem to be solid defensively having 11 interceptions on the season with 2 being returned for TD’s.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I can’t make a prediction because I know nothing about Walton-Verona. Can anyone give me an idea of what style of football they play?

They re a run heavy offense!!! Very little passing!!! Formation remind you a lot of Pike Central without the running QB Pike Central had. They do have one back that look pretty tough in back field. They didn’t look extremely fast but well coached and a pretty good offensive line. Defense seems to be tough up middle and bend don’t break defense.

Also really hard find much on them this year film related . They do also use 3 or 4 RB that I have seen.
According to last game stats #20 is the player to watch most closely. When he is not rushing the ball he is catching it presumably out of the backfield. Qb runs first passes 2nd.
will this game be streamed on the Breathitt site as usual?
ColtPride Wrote:I don't care if that silly station includes them in the top ten or not. They are not a mountain school. That's just silly.

I've found that when we have a good team we're a mountain school. When we're in a down year, we're not. :biggrin:

I played in districts with Danville, Harrodsburg, Campbellsville, Green County, and Metcalfe County early in my high school career, and then in the mountains with Williamsburg, Evarts, Harlan, Cumberland, Pineville and Lynn Camp at the end, so I don't really care who claims us. I grew up seeing all of the CKC trophies in our school, and our biggest rival is Danville, so I lean more towards Central Kentucky, but that's just me. Honestly, Lake Cumberland area is kind of its own region anyways.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:will this game be streamed on the Breathitt site as usual?
If it is I will post a link. They said something about YouTube suspending or cutting off the broadcast because of music heard on the PA. Do not know if that was permanent or what. But they streamed on bluegrass sports nation in the games prior. Should be some old games on there if they have not taken them down.
RoShamBo Wrote:I've found that when we have a good team we're a mountain school. When we're in a down year, we're not. :biggrin:

I played in districts with Danville, Harrodsburg, Campbellsville, Green County, and Metcalfe County early in my high school career, and then in the mountains with Williamsburg, Evarts, Harlan, Cumberland, Pineville and Lynn Camp at the end, so I don't really care who claims us. I grew up seeing all of the CKC trophies in our school, and our biggest rival is Danville, so I lean more towards Central Kentucky, but that's just me. Honestly, Lake Cumberland area is kind of its own region anyways.
Listen you guys don’t want be Mountain team that fine your loss!!!! Proud to be from mountains !!!! If everyone feels that way I wish kick you guys out of Mountain Top 10. It honor be rank in WYMT top 10!!!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If it is I will post a link. They said something about YouTube suspending or cutting off the broadcast because of music heard on the PA. Do not know if that was permanent or what. But they streamed on bluegrass sports nation in the games prior. Should be some old games on there if they have not taken them down.

Statebound19 Wrote:Listen you guys don’t want be Mountain team that fine your loss!!!! Proud to be from mountains !!!! If everyone feels that way I wish kick you guys out of Mountain Top 10. It honor be rank in WYMT top 10!!!!

Settle down. No one is knocking being from the mountains. My Grandma lived in East Bernstadt, in Laurel County. I considered that part of the mountains. Somerset, simply is not. It's more central. They almost should designate teams from the Lake Cumberland area.

I still see Breathitt winning comfortably, then losing their next.
Statebound19 Wrote:Listen you guys don’t want be Mountain team that fine your loss!!!! Proud to be from mountains !!!! If everyone feels that way I wish kick you guys out of Mountain Top 10. It honor be rank in WYMT top 10!!!!

Relax with the exclamation points, big guy. There's nothing wrong with being from the mountains. Just pointing out the fact that where I come from isn't exactly "mountainous", and traditionally I don't think Somerset is considered a part of the mountains.

Walton-Verona, as many have mentioned, is a team geared toward a ground and pound heavy Offense. Their base Offense is a pistol look that is similar to a flexbone/ Wing-T type of look. They utilize a FB and wingbacks and their star is #20 Peyton Smith.

They will pass out of their base Offense, but usually they don't attempt more than 7 or 8 attempts. #34 is their best Receiver but they also will throw some to Smith and the other Wingback #8 Gaines. They also let their RB keep the ball some as well so be wary of that.

Defensively W-V always is pretty well coached, just lacking in size or depth. Most of their guys play both ways and the QB Bauer is very solid on both sides of the ball.

Their HC, Coach Barth, has done a phenomenal job building their program in a short amount of time. His teams are always tough and well coached and rarely hurt themselves. He led them to the Semi's last year but I dont think this team is nearly as good at the LOS or the Front 7 as last season.

Walton-Verona's gameplan will be to slow this game down and try to make it ugly. That's how they upset Glasgow last year. They will try to limit Breathitt's big plays and force them to drive, in hopes that the Bobcats will become impatient or turn it over.

If this were 2018 Walton-Verona vs. 2019 Breathitt I would say get ready for a barn burner, but I think Breathitt has too much explosive ability and the Bearcats won't be able to win in the trenches and it will only be a matter of time before Collins gets loose.

I say Breathitt by 4 TD's. Maybe more if they can get up early and force W-V to go to the air.
wolfcat Wrote:Why do Mayfield fans have a right to brag? Their success in recent years isn't because of anyone on this site. All they have done is run their mouths and watch the game. How many tackles do these guys have, how many TDs, how many key blocks?

I can say without hesitation that as a arm chair QB I have never made the wrong call :lmao: Back a long time ago when I wore that Cardinal red not so much so. Im glad this board is not keeping score.

I still think this game favors the Bobcats but with so many opinions and the impact it has on who plays who it will be the game I am going to try and keep up with only second to the Mayfield game.
Here is the link to BSN’s YouTube site. Hope is helps. The games should be streamed there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxe8Qx60r1piLrSK8BKso0A
WV must commit to stopping the run. Collins is a stud back and everyone knows what all he is capable of doing. I would challenge the freshman quarterback to step up and make lots of throws. The more the ball is in the air then the better for WV. Offensively WV has to win time of possession, stay ahead of the sticks, and win the turnover battle. It would be interesting to see what would happen if WV scores first. Breathitt hasn’t really been in a close game this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:Relax with the exclamation points, big guy. There's nothing wrong with being from the mountains. Just pointing out the fact that where I come from isn't exactly "mountainous", and traditionally I don't think Somerset is considered a part of the mountains.

I think some people must disagree with that like I said WYMT only ranks Mountain Teams.You saying a town 20 miles away is in mountains but Somerset is not.
Statebound19 Wrote:I think some people must disagree with that like I said WYMT only ranks Mountain Teams.You saying a town 20 miles away is in mountains but Somerset is not.

I lived in Taylor County for several years and made the drive through Somerset many times to see my family in Jackson. Personally I never understood why Somerset was considered to be in the “mountains.” That is not a knock on the place, just a personal opinion.
WestCarterComet Wrote:WV must commit to stopping the run. Collins is a stud back and everyone knows what all he is capable of doing. I would challenge the freshman quarterback to step up and make lots of throws. The more the ball is in the air then the better for WV. Offensively WV has to win time of possession, stay ahead of the sticks, and win the turnover battle. It would be interesting to see what would happen if WV scores first. Breathitt hasn’t really been in a close game this year.

I will almost guarantee that WV insides first kick off. Bobcats have struggled this year onside kicks. Not sure why if lack of hands on front line or other teams are just perform perfect kicks. On other thing Breathitt needs to clean up is our Kick off coverage. Bobcats get out of the lanes to much getting to ball. It just something that has happened last couple games. All this can be fix and I’m sure Coach Moore will pay more attention to detail on these things this week.
Pages: 1 2 3 4