Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 28 LCA 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great Game big win,:popcorn::popcorn:
Wow what a game!!!

Congratulations to the Jumpers!!!
Great win for the jumpers! Glad I was wrong in my prediction!
Wow
Give this one to Def. a safety and 2, 2pt, conversions stops. Def. rules.
This makes me extremely happy. Congrats Somerset.
The second matchup didn’t disappoint like we expected. Sucks this game happened so early!
Jumpers earned themselves another game at the Patch. Keep it rolling boys!
Except for the fact it would probably kill me, I could watch these 2 teams play every week. They're that evenly matched. Somerset just stopped the 2pt conversion this time-- twice. Congrats to the Jumpers. They never backed down or got shook. On to the next one.
I felt this was gonna happen.
Congrats Jumpers!
Great Win!!!! Very impressive came up huge on 2 point conversion and late game interception!!!
Unbelievable game! LCA has some serious athletes on an unbelievably hard offense to defend! Nothing, but respect to them and and I know that losing hurts no matter what anyone tells you. However, these young men have nothing to hang their heads over.

For my Briar Jumpers...Wow...just wow. Defense held when needed and came up clutch multiple times. The offense did an incredible job with scoring when needed and sustaining drives to give the D rest and eat clock. Proud to be a Jumper!
Congratulations to Somerset but this must have been a great game
#6 For LCA I felt was the best athlete on the field, however Grundy isn't that far off as an athlete from #6. QB for Somerset through one crazy pick I didn't understand, but other than that he made a few unbelievable passes, falling down and getting tackled, just flicked his wrist and competed at least 2 first downs like that. Somerset's offensive line is very big for 2A, but LCA somehow seemed to win a few of those battles. Somerset's defense is stout, great linebacking core. Their backs are pretty physical, and remember, they are still missing their best one. Great game it was.
smoke1015 Wrote:#6 For LCA I felt was the best athlete on the field, however Grundy isn't that far off as an athlete from #6. QB for Somerset through one crazy pick I didn't understand, but other than that he made a few unbelievable passes, falling down and getting tackled, just flicked his wrist and competed at least 2 first downs like that. Somerset's offensive line is very big for 2A, but LCA somehow seemed to win a few of those battles. Somerset's defense is stout, great linebacking core. Their backs are pretty physical, and remember, they are still missing their best one. Great game it was.

Better athlete as far as football maybe. But don't forget Grundy was all-state honorable mention in basketball and 2nd team all-state in baseball as a sophomore.
Somerset had a good game plan tonight and, except for one ill-advised throw, they did a nice job on offense. The offensive line played a lot better and was much more physical than the first game(and was healthier than the first game). The Briar Jumpers cleaned up the penalties a lot from the first meeting.

This game had a whole different feel from the regular season game. In the first game I felt like Somerset was just barely hanging on and LCA was on the verge of breaking it open all night. Tonight it felt reversed. The 2nd half of felt like Somerset was getting ready to put the Eagles away several times. To both teams credit neither team would give up in either meeting. I think the fact that these 2 teams played 96 minutes of football and the cumulative score was 62-61 Somerset shows just how even these were. I'm just glad we won the one that counted the most.
Congrats Bunnies

Also, congrats Coach Doug Charles on a great first year, a year that many believed would be a “rebuilding” phase. Again, Congrats Coach and LCA on a fine season.
Way to go Jumpers!
Congrats to the Bunnies! this game made the playoff picture a lot more clear going forward
Great win Jumpers
Walt Longmire Wrote:Better athlete as far as football maybe. But don't forget Grundy was all-state honorable mention in basketball and 2nd team all-state in baseball as a sophomore.

We played Grundy's every year for like 7 years, coached against 'em, etc.. I won't forget them, that's for sure. Grundy wasn't as athletic as that #6 I don't care how many hoop points he can get. And I'm sure he's a better baseball player by far. I'm talking heavy emphasis on speed, agility, balance. Grundy is no slouch, and maybe not far behind. LCA took a center that probably weighed 135 pounds, a left guard who looked to be about 170, and a defensive line about half the size of Somerset and made it a great ball game. That is impressive.
The opening pregame was hilarious though. LCA coming out to a shotgun blast over the intercom and Elmer Fudd's voice saying we are going hunting for Wabbits! Lmbo!
smoke1015 Wrote:The opening pregame was hilarious though. LCA coming out to a shotgun blast over the intercom and Elmer Fudd's voice saying we are going hunting for Wabbits! Lmbo!

Horribly unoriginal - Danville has been pulling that stuff for years.

I don’t know if you’re an LCA fan or just a Somerset hater but you’re severely under selling LCAs defensive front and offensive front. Strong, quick, athletic - LCA has an outstanding football team, Somerset was better when it counted.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Horribly unoriginal - Danville has been pulling that stuff for years.

I don’t know if you’re an LCA fan or just a Somerset hater but you’re severely under selling LCAs defensive front and offensive front. Strong, quick, athletic - LCA has an outstanding football team, Somerset was better when it counted.

Yeah it was basically a battle of speed vs. size in the trenches. Somerset's offensive and defensive fronts played better this time than the first go around, which was ultimately the difference in the game IMO.
Congrats to 🐰. Two very good teams knocking heads. LCA had a tremendous team.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Horribly unoriginal - Danville has been pulling that stuff for years.

I think he's a bit salty at the Jumpers for the beatings that they put on his Casey County teams over the years.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I think he's a bit salty at the Jumpers for the beatings that they put on his Casey County teams over the years.

I just don’t see this forum as an excuse to trash teams that are exceptionally talented - I mean does he not think that Paintsville’s MASSIVE line or Belfry’s MASSIVE o line thought “we’ll roll these guys” and neither did. Belfry eventually pulled away but he’s talking about a (now) two loss team like they were the underdog at home last night... cmon man.
This is kind of what I was expecting. When you have a football school that has been around for years, they learn to make adjustments. I figured a 1 point loss would result in a win the second time around. No offense to LCA, they just haven’t been around long enough to get to that point yet.

First time I had heard it but the score at the end is all that matters.
Pages: 1 2