Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 28 LCA 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Walt Longmire Wrote:I think he's a bit salty at the Jumpers for the beatings that they put on his Casey County teams over the years.

I will say as far as that goes, I won at least at a .500 record at the low levels we played Somerset teams. And Somerset was divided while we were one big team. High-school I had nothing to do with. Middle school there was only 1 matchup, and we went in with 13 kids dressed, lost 2 of our best players. Somerset, these seniors and juniors had 47 middle schoolers that year. We still didn't play horribly. I mean we scored a time or two. Lol. That was a rough year to watch, kids getting hurt left and right for Casey during the season, playing Taylor when others in our little conference wouldn't play them and the Parker kid was annihilating everyone. :-) I knew Somerset would be good, numbers alone would have made them hard to deal with in middle school. We had 2 kids dressed on the sideline as "relief". LOL
JumperPride1 Wrote:Horribly unoriginal - Danville has been pulling that stuff for years.

I don’t know if you’re an LCA fan or just a Somerset hater but you’re severely under selling LCAs defensive front and offensive front. Strong, quick, athletic - LCA has an outstanding football team, Somerset was better when it counted.

In this case you seem to have had horrible comprehensive ability to what I posted. I said Somerset was bigger. The LCA center can not be a pound over 160, and the left guard was possibly 185. I never said they couldn't play. The fact I said you guys won even without your best running back should say I wasn't hating. What's the problem here? Are you that insecure to turn a factual post into viewing it as a hate comment? Come on man...
I was spot on I picked Somerset 21-20 over lca in upset on prosections thread I was close to the score lol nice win for the jumpers and good luck next week! I also wanna congratulate lca in a great season nothing to hang your heads about I hated this it sad that one team had to lose but it's something you lca can build on good luck next year
LCA will be back next year. They return a lot. Somerset will make it to State this year. Also, just think about the District race next year. Danville wont be down forever. Yikes!
smoke1015 Wrote:In this case you seem to have had horrible comprehensive ability to what I posted. I said Somerset was bigger. The LCA center can not be a pound over 160, and the left guard was possibly 185. I never said they couldn't play. The fact I said you guys won even without your best running back should say I wasn't hating. What's the problem here? Are you that insecure to turn a factual post into viewing it as a hate comment? Come on man...

No bud I don’t have insecurities regarding posts on a high school football forum.
the trains on the tracks blowing big plumes of smoke,Somersets on the tracks Mayfields the train somethings got to give.Im betting on the train!!!!
Takeaways from Friday :

Somerset came out thinking they were going to win from start to finish. That team as over confident in the first matchup. Not this time. The turnover for a score on a short field and the big pass play at the end of the half were the plays that hurt SHS in the half otherwise they lead big in the game as the defense was playing well. I was impressed that Somerset decided to out physical the LCA team which is their advantage.

For all people who thought this year was a “rebuilding year” for LCA are ridiculous. The best three players on the field are Smith, Barnhart and Brown. Two of those three graduate. While they’ll still be good, offensively they’ll drop some next season. This wasn’t a rebuilding year. It was THE year they could’ve won it. They’ll drop a little next season and then be back in a big way the following. Barnhart and Smith are vital to what they do and that’s losing a HUGE amount of offense.

LCA lineman aren’t small. Acting like they’re 160 or 185 is just a bad observation. They are good sized, athletic and well coached.They haven’t been pushed around all season. So stop because from one post to another you gave them extra weight. Quit trying to find a reason to act as if they aren’t good. They weren’t 10-1 going into that game being some kind of undersized group.

More than anything I hate that one of these two teams are done for the season. There needs to be a way that if the RPI teams are rated that high in the same district, an exemption is possible to bracket them somehow differently. I know that this is a possibility and always has been if the best two teams are in the same district, but if RPI is a thing going forward, this should be looked at.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:the trains on the tracks blowing big plumes of smoke,Somersets on the tracks Mayfields the train somethings got to give.Im betting on the train!!!!

:hilarious:
If the pieces fall into place - this could be a football contest for the ages. Two great programs and two outstanding teams.
Seems Mayfield is just waiting until December 7th to pick up their trophy. Until then they're just playing games to occupy their time. The rest of us are just the teams who get to help fill it.
BJN0502 Wrote:Seems Mayfield is just waiting until December 7th to pick up their trophy. Until then they're just playing games to occupy their time. The rest of us are just the teams who get to help fill it.

Finally, someone gets it.
BJN0502 Wrote:Seems Mayfield is just waiting until December 7th to pick up their trophy. Until then they're just playing games to occupy their time. The rest of us are just the teams who get to help fill it.

KHSAA, please forward :1:
we would appreciate it by that Monday as many of the kids want to get pictures with it before we place it away with the other ones :thanks:

700 Douthitt St, Mayfield, KY 42066

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Just kidding
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:KHSAA, please forward :1:
we would appreciate it by that Monday as many of the kids want to get pictures with it before we place it away with the other ones :thanks:

700 Douthitt St, Mayfield, KY 42066

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Just kidding

I think the Bunnies would disagree with this.Confusednicker:
JustThinking Wrote:I think the Bunnies would disagree with this.Confusednicker:

and the Beechies, Bobcats, …….
Danielbellcounty50 Wrote:I was spot on I picked Somerset 21-20 over lca in upset on prosections thread I was close to the score lol nice win for the jumpers and good luck next week! I also wanna congratulate lca in a great season nothing to hang your heads about I hated this it sad that one team had to lose but it's something you lca can build on good luck next year

Prosecutiobs
mysonis55 Wrote:Finally, someone gets it.

About like you got it from Danville.
Wish there could be a rubber match
Pages: 1 2