Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County @ Corbin 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Walt Longmire Wrote:You get to use the 2018 Corbin team on Friday? Does the KHSAA know about this?

Sorry don’t get it.
I don’t think anyone can stop Mr Sloan, but a TEAM can contain him. Corbin has dialed the defense in since the Beechwood game. In my opinion, it’s not even the same team. The Lincoln game was a weird game. I don’t think I’ll ever see a game where a team gets the ball the whole half. But injuries allowed more points in that as well. Corbins defense is much improved. I think the Wayne QB is tuff as well, I watched his film and I like him. This Corbin team isn’t as bad as some make them out to be or keep trying to compare them to the previous team that was state runner up. Haddix is doing a fine job molding this team into a contender. They are pretty darn good, just still a lot of work to do. I love defense and Corbin has a good one. So Friday night remember I said, Corbins has a pretty good defense. I look forward to see how these kids matchup, should make for a nice game to watch.
RED&BLACK Wrote:Smith had a broke hand that game. So your great at shutting down one handed receivers. I didn’t guess you wanted to use that as an example of Corbin’s excellence at stopping talented players.

Ummm well, you might not believe me but you can ask Boyle fans, they’ve got a few more talented players on that team than just smith......

Here’s what i comes down too since you are all over the place with this.

YOU said, Corbin has no idea what’s coming to town Friday. Regarding Sloan and inferring he’s gonna be the best we’ve ever seen and it don’t even come close.

I responded with the majority of our team has faced better players than Sloan and better teams than WC. Meaning I think we’ll have an idea about how to prepare.

YOU then make a comment about our game with Boyle. Which was a fail considering we WON......

YOU then go off the rails about stopping a dude with a broke hand?

I’m no genius but I do alright for a country boy, where in gods name are you going with this? Because your argument that we don’t know what’s coming with Sloan has already been debunked???

I admire your spirit but if you’re gonna make a statement like that, back it up instead of deflecting with off the wall comments.
RED&BLACK Wrote:Sorry don’t get it.

64Sur asked if we saw what happened to Boyle County in 2018 when they lost a Corbin 21-0. I wasn't aware Wayne County was playing the 2018 Corbin team. Try and keep up.
Have you watched Sloan play?
RED&BLACK Wrote:It comes down to only one thing!!!

Can Corbin stop Braedon Sloan??

You have no idea what is coming to town. You can wish and hope and plan and pray. Until all your talent lines up for 48 minutes against him and his teammates you won’t know. Maybe you can stop him. I am willing to bet Corbin does not stop him. I hope all your talent is playing I don’t want any excuses.

Oh yea, about that one shot BS, you have to stop Sloan next year at Wayne Co.

Good God you sound like FoSho...hey, wait wut?!?!

😳😉
Wayne Co is a really good team and Sloan is a great RB. But if you think you're just going to walk in to Corbin and win is another thing entirely.

I just don't see it. The Hounds know what's at stake and will be ready on D. The offense IMO should be able to handle the Cards D.

I like my prediction.
Wayne will have to be 21 points better than Corbin to win @ Corbin.
FWIW Sloan missed 3 games with a ankle sprain last year. He has had a good hs career, but his growth as a player from sophomore to his junior year can’t even be explained unless you witnessed it. It honestly reminds me of Damian Harris and his progression.

Just to clarify, I’m not trying to say Corbin has never seen a player like him.
But he will be the best player the Hounds have seen this year.

This game will come down to which one of these mystery defenses plays the best. Ironically playing the best will be holding the opposing the other team under 30.

Of course I expect neither coach to kick it to the playmakers on special teams.
Corbin 27
Wayne 24
Wayne County by 3. Hounds win rematch
Can’t wait for Friday. Does look like weather maybe a factor. Bring your rain gear.

Heart says Corbin but brain says Wayne.

I just Can’t trust corbins defense at this point.
I was leaning towards Wayne early in the week but you Corbin guys might have talked me into a Corbin victory. OK, I guess I'm going

Corbin 22
Wayne 21

Corbin goes for two in the final 2 minutes of the game and takes it.
64black&gold Wrote:I was leaning towards Wayne early in the week but you Corbin guys might have talked me into a Corbin victory. OK, I guess I'm going

Corbin 22
Wayne 21

Corbin goes for two in the final 2 minutes of the game and takes it.
Like most have said, it depends on which defense shows up. We do have I think all of our starters back tomorrow, but it’s still a coin flip on which D will walk on the field. Also heard we used a shock collar on a certain RB to keep him running north south during practice hahah. But if the kid would turn it upfield he’d be a force to be reckoned with Friday. Who knows, maybe Sloan will motivate him, make him take some pride, and show he’s the best RB on that field. If not, and he runs side to side, Sloan will def take that honor.
Hound05 Wrote:Like most have said, it depends on which defense shows up. We do have I think all of our starters back tomorrow, but it’s still a coin flip on which D will walk on the field. Also heard we used a shock collar on a certain RB to keep him running north south during practice hahah. But if the kid would turn it upfield he’d be a force to be reckoned with Friday. Who knows, maybe Sloan will motivate him, make him take some pride, and show he’s the best RB on that field. If not, and he runs side to side, Sloan will def take that honor.

Corbin might win the game. Sloan will be the best running back on the field.
Should be a great game. Expect it to be decided by one score either way.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Corbin might win the game. Sloan will be the best running back on the field.

Yes I’m afraid you’ll be correct in that assessment. Some people, not naming anyone specifically, needs to get some fire in their belly......
RED&BLACK Wrote:Smith had a broke hand that game. So your great at shutting down one handed receivers. I didn’t guess you wanted to use that as an example of Corbin’s excellence at stopping talented players.

You're correct about Boyle not being 100% and it wasn't just Smith. We'll never know if it would have changed the outcome however.

Should be a great game in Corbin. Good luck to both teams and prayers for a safe game for the kids.
Overall, I think Haddix has done a good job with the Redhounds this year. People don't realize how much they actually lost off of last years state finalist team. With that being said, his young stars need to step up and realize they now have a "target" on their backs. Anytime kids get major D1 offers, opposing teams are going to prepare for them and opposing players are going to play at an other level against them. Opposing players want to prove their worth against these young Redhounds and they have to respond better than they have up to this point. I feel like the Redhounds are trending in the right direction and they are starting to build confidence around this young team. With Corbin playing at home, I give them the slight edge in this matchup. Corbin wins 28-24.
Rain rain rain. Special teams and turnovers decide this. I do think the team with the best running game has an advantage. Wayne 21-7.
footballfever Wrote:Rain rain rain. Special teams and turnovers decide this. I do think the team with the best running game has an advantage. Wayne 21-7.

The game will be long over by the time any significant rain comes around.
Wayne 28-21. Hounds win the rematch in 3 weeks.
Corbin has too much speed for Wayne. Corbin 35-14.
FoSho Wrote:The game will be long over by the time any significant rain comes around.
The game will be over before afternoon? I can tell you're a meteorologist. lol
pjdoug Wrote:The game will be over before afternoon? I can tell you're a meteorologist. lol

I don't know what weather you're watching but everything I'm seeing says significant rain after midnight?

https://www.lex18.com/weather

As of right now my accuWeather app says 7% until midnight. Obviously things can change but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I like Corbin by two scores. Will be efficient on the ground with Yeager tonight.
Appears that it's raining in Corbin right now. It's misting in Harlan County.
We'll just close our roof if it rains.

😎
RED&BLACK Wrote:Not excited or pumped. With all your talent and experience how could I be even hopeful. You keep wishing your team shows up and pays attention to the game plan. I know their failure to do that would be the only reason your more talented team would lose.

You did play Boyle didn’t you. Didn’t turn out very well for you did it. Boyle has some very talented players. I don’t think Corbin tackled Reese Smith. You lost to Beechwood this year. How does Corbin losing to these teams prove you can stop Braedon Sloan.

Maybe you should at least try and keep up with or research the teams your trying to reference with your attempts to talk trash...Yes Reese Smith was hurt last time we played but he was also hurt against Belfry and still had a huge game, no one shuts down Smith without going after Lanter, throw off their timing and don’t give Lanter the time to do his thing, he maybe the most underrated qb in the state right now Reese Smith doesn’t look nearly as good without him at qb or with him having to scramble in the pocket every play like he was last year at Corbin...Every team you mentioned we’ve beaten also and though this isn’t last years team neither are you Boyle or Beechwood and your playing at Corbin...Safe travels to and from the game for all, I’m excited to have Wayne back in our district they’ve proven themselves to be a quality program, wouldn’t want to call this game either way it’s gonna be close imo...
FoSho Wrote:I don't know what weather you're watching but everything I'm seeing says significant rain after midnight?

https://www.lex18.com/weather

As of right now my accuWeather app says 7% until midnight. Obviously things can change but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I live in the area and the weather I've been watching is rain falling from the sky. I don't take the weather man's word for it. When I go outside and it's raining I know it's raining.
Pages: 1 2 3 4