Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County @ Corbin 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Corbin - 35
Wayne Co - 21
Wayne-105
Corbin-70
FoSho Wrote:Only someone that doesn't know high school football would make a dumbass post like this. It has nothing to do with success vs Boyle and everything to do with their program history.

The two teams I mentioned played for the state title last year and have kids on their teams THAT HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT for the last few years. And they're both playing at home.

I would consider both of these programs BLUE BLOOD PROGRAMS in KY HS Football. Wouldn't you?

Hey! Buddy your awful sensitive, to be the one making big statements about everyone else on here... but don’t like when someone poking a little fun at you!
FCSPY Wrote:Hey! Buddy your awful sensitive, to be the one making big statements about everyone else on here... but don’t like when someone poking a little fun at you!

I don't even have a dog in this fight.

You called me out buddy.

I set things straight.
I don't see how Corbin is going to stop Sloan. If they slow him down running the ball then they can throw it to him. Here's a very dangerous receiver as well-- and not just as a safety valve. The Redhounds have given up at least 21 points in 5 games so far this season. Sloan is the best back that they have faced and I don't see them holding Wayne below 21. I think that Corbin will score some points but I think Wayne pulls out out, let's say 42-34.
For the comment about haddix not utilizing “his D1” talent.... you do realize our STATE sack leader hasn’t played in a month. Our WR who got an offer from UK is a freshman and having a great season. And our RB that has all the High major D1 offers, well..... you can’t make a kid run north and south. Your post says more about you and your thoughts for coach haddix than it does our talent. Not being rude, it’s just a fact.
FCSPY Wrote:Hey! Buddy your awful sensitive, to be the one making big statements about everyone else on here... but don’t like when someone poking a little fun at you!

She's tender. Be gentle.
pjdoug Wrote:She's tender. Be gentle.

But she's right all the time just like your old lady.
yes, I am for sure straightened out now!! Thank you so much.
FCSPY Wrote:yes, I am for sure straightened out now!! Thank you so much.

Call the whatever you'd like but your comment was ridiculous and mine, spot on.
:zzz:
FoSho Wrote:Call the whatever you'd like but your comment was ridiculous and mine, spot on.
FoSho Wrote:But she's right all the time just like your old lady.

Confusednicker::dontthink:Shaking:
It’s hard to pick corbin to lose at home... but here it is 28-21 Wayne county
Wayne 35 corbin 14
To me it will all boil down to:

1) if Corbin has all their starters back

2)they play like we know they can

3) they are focused in on the game plan and assignments.

If those 3 things are met, Corbin wins. No disrespect to Sloan, he’s a dang good player. But overall I still think Corbin has more talent IMO. Now whether, they show up and use it is TBD. Wayne will be hungry Friday night and so will the hounds. To me this is their one shot, to be Kings of the district because the pipeline is promising for these young hounds.
Hound05 Wrote:To me it will all boil down to:

1) if Corbin has all their starters back

2)they play like we know they can

3) they are focused in on the game plan and assignments.

If those 3 things are met, Corbin wins. No disrespect to Sloan, he’s a dang good player. But overall I still think Corbin has more talent IMO. Now whether, they show up and use it is TBD. Wayne will be hungry Friday night and so will the hounds. To me this is their one shot, to be Kings of the district because the pipeline is promising for these young hounds.

It comes down to only one thing!!!

Can Corbin stop Braedon Sloan??

You have no idea what is coming to town. You can wish and hope and plan and pray. Until all your talent lines up for 48 minutes against him and his teammates you won’t know. Maybe you can stop him. I am willing to bet Corbin does not stop him. I hope all your talent is playing I don’t want any excuses.

Oh yea, about that one shot BS, you have to stop Sloan next year at Wayne Co.
RED&BLACK Wrote:It comes down to only one thing!!!

You have no idea what is coming to town. You can wish and hope and plan and pray. Until all your talent lines up for 48 minutes against him and his teammates you won’t know. Maybe you can stop him. I am willing to bet Corbin does not stop him. I hope all your talent is playing I don’t want any excuses.

Mr. RED&BLACK I will answer your question (YES) one player want beat Corbin :Cheerlead. Oh Yea, We need a Mr. Sloan in our district, will help us next year in RPI Ranking Confusednicker:
Wayne Co.

Did this Sloan kid play last year? I came down and watched Boyle play Wayne last year and don’t remember him? For him being so dominant this year I figured he would have been pretty good last year as a sophomore. Maybe he was hurt or didn’t play?
blackandgold4life Wrote:Did this Sloan kid play last year? I came down and watched Boyle play Wayne last year and don’t remember him? For him being so dominant this year I figured he would have been pretty good last year as a sophomore. Maybe he was hurt or didn’t play?

According to the scoreboard from last year he didn't have any carries or receptions against Boyle last season. He must have been injured. Doesn't look like he did in the 3 games before Boyle County either. In the game following Boyle he had 12 carries for 100 yards vs Harlan County.

For the year he finished with 120 carries for 1120 yards (9.3 ypc)and 15 touchdowns to go along with 14 catches for 308 yards and 3 touchdowns and added 2 return touchdowns for 20 total. That was in 10 games as a sophomore.

You are either really excited and pumped about this game, which is great. Or you don’t know football.......

Pretty sure we and our players know what’s “coming to town”. The majority of our players have faced competition like this every year if not better, with the likes of Boyle county, Belfry, beechwood, Mayfield. So I’m pretty sure we got “some” idea. Sloan is a good athlete, no denying that, buts it not going to be anything we’ve not seen before in the past.

As for your last comment, that for another debate. You might have Sloan for another year, but we’ve got at least two groups of state champions coming up the ladder. 11 >1.

But I’m excited to get competition back in the district. It only makes both better.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Did this Sloan kid play last year? I came down and watched Boyle play Wayne last year and don’t remember him? For him being so dominant this year I figured he would have been pretty good last year as a sophomore. Maybe he was hurt or didn’t play?

He was hurt and did not play.
64SUR Wrote:Mr. RED&BLACK I will answer your question (YES) one player want beat Corbin :Cheerlead. Oh Yea, We need a Mr. Sloan in our district, will help us next year in RPI Ranking Confusednicker:

I guess you missed the reference to his teammates in the post.
Hound05 Wrote:You are either really excited and pumped about this game, which is great. Or you don’t know football.......

Pretty sure we and our players know what’s “coming to town”. The majority of our players have faced competition like this every year if not better, with the likes of Boyle county, Belfry, beechwood, Mayfield. So I’m pretty sure we got “some” idea. Sloan is a good athlete, no denying that, buts it not going to be anything we’ve not seen before in the past.

As for your last comment, that for another debate. You might have Sloan for another year, but we’ve got at least two groups of state champions coming up the ladder. 11 >1.

But I’m excited to get competition back in the district. It only makes both better.

Not excited or pumped. With all your talent and experience how could I be even hopeful. You keep wishing your team shows up and pays attention to the game plan. I know their failure to do that would be the only reason your more talented team would lose.

You did play Boyle didn’t you. Didn’t turn out very well for you did it. Boyle has some very talented players. I don’t think Corbin tackled Reese Smith. You lost to Beechwood this year. How does Corbin losing to these teams prove you can stop Braedon Sloan.
RED&BLACK Wrote:Not excited or pumped. With all your talent and experience how could I be even hopeful. You keep wishing your team shows up and pays attention to the game plan. I know their failure to do that would be the only reason your more talented team would lose.

You did play Boyle didn’t you. Didn’t turn out very well for you did it. Boyle has some very talented players. I don’t think Corbin tackled Reese Smith. You lost to Beechwood this year. How does Corbin losing to these teams prove you can stop Braedon Sloan.

:dudecomeon: you must have missed the 2018 season with Boyle County at Corbin 21-0, oh yeah, guessed who’s coming to town Friday night. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote::dudecomeon: you must have missed the 2018 season with Boyle County at Corbin 21-0, oh yeah, guessed who’s coming to town Friday night. :lmao:

You get to use the 2018 Corbin team on Friday? Does the KHSAA know about this?
Walt Longmire Wrote:You get to use the 2018 Corbin team on Friday? Does the KHSAA know about this?

Lol!! Just having fun with RED&BLACK& BRUISED Confusedmoke:
Walt Longmire Wrote:You get to use the 2018 Corbin team on Friday? Does the KHSAA know about this?

Hell they maybe study 2017 game film. Whoops :HitWall:
RED&BLACK Wrote:Not excited or pumped. With all your talent and experience how could I be even hopeful. You keep wishing your team shows up and pays attention to the game plan. I know their failure to do that would be the only reason your more talented team would lose.

Your last paragraph shows me the answer to my question. You just don’t know football very well. And that’s ok. We all come from different backgrounds.

I guess corbin Playing those types of teams in the past would have about as much impact on the game as the hype Sloan has gotten this season with your logic.

But you should be hopeful, the way it sounds from you is when Sloan comes town he wins, even if Wayne loses.

If you’re going to be facetious, at least be good at it. Contact PJdoug, he’ll give you some pointers.

Outside of that, good luck Friday.
64SUR Wrote::dudecomeon: you must have missed the 2018 season with Boyle County at Corbin 21-0, oh yeah, guessed who’s coming to town Friday night. :lmao:

Smith had a broke hand that game. So your great at shutting down one handed receivers. I didn’t guess you wanted to use that as an example of Corbin’s excellence at stopping talented players.
Pages: 1 2 3 4