Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Pike Central 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Pirates and Hawks square off for number 1 in the district at the Hawks nest. Central is led by freshman phenom Matt Anderson and QB Tyler Hunt . The Hawks are 7-1 and are 11th in 3A in the RPI. The Pirates are 5-2 and ranked 7th in 3A in the RPI. PC has never beaten BHS in football. This should be a dandy. Who you got and why?
Belfry in this one. Belfry has been chomping at the bit since the Pikeville loss to play a meaningful game with with ramifications. This week starts a string of games with meaning and good competition. The short schedule has been a blessing for the Pirates, they will be entering the hawks nest fully healthy and with a huge chip on there shoulder. That could mean trouble for the hawks. Belfry’s defense is absolutely nasty, even with Belfry’s outstanding linebacker Mounts having to sit this one out. I just don’t see the Hawks being able to move up and down the field with the Pirates. Pike Central better strap them up a little bit tighter this week, Belfry knows what this one means and what lies ahead. New season starts this week.

Belfry 35
Pike Central 13
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Belfry in this one. Belfry has been chomping at the bit since the Pikeville loss to play a meaningful game with with ramifications. This week starts a string of games with meaning and good competition. The short schedule has been a blessing for the Pirates, they will be entering the hawks nest fully healthy and with a huge chip on there shoulder. That could mean trouble for the hawks. Belfry’s defense is absolutely nasty, even with Belfry’s outstanding linebacker Mounts having to sit this one out. I just don’t see the Hawks being able to move up and down the field with the Pirates. Pike Central better strap them up a little bit tighter this week, Belfry knows what this one means and what lies ahead. New season starts this week.

Belfry 35
Pike Central 13

I agree with this. The Pirates have finally left the bad taste of the Pikeville loss behind and are looking to bigger and better things. Comparable scores don’t always tell the truth, but if you look at them this one shouldn’t be close. I think Belfry rolls 49-14. The buildup will be big and it should be a great crowd. This is IMO the biggest Belfry and PC game in the last decade.
I got to go with Belfry, I was sitting and watching WYMT Mountain News and they had a clip on the coach. I’m glad I got to see it, When I was young and playing we always had that dreaded Belfry game, but I didn’t know anything about the coach other than they just win after win after win and are tuff even today. I see why now, heck I wished I could play for that guy. He is a heck of a guy, I could listen to him all day long. Clemsons coach is the same way a heck of a guy, and if anyone hasn’t heard him look on YouTube and listen at him talk about his faith. When a team has a special guy and he happens to be the coach that just mentors in every way of life, you are truly blessed to have had him. Sorry for hi jacking the thread, but just wanted to say a nice thing or two about the coach. I have always knew Belfry but now I know why!
Bull got out! Wrote:I got to go with Belfry, I was sitting and watching WYMT Mountain News and they had a clip on the coach. I’m glad I got to see it, When I was young and playing we always had that dreaded Belfry game, but I didn’t know anything about the coach other than they just win after win after win and are tuff even today. I see why now, heck I wished I could play for that guy. He is a heck of a guy, I could listen to him all day long. Clemsons coach is the same way a heck of a guy, and if anyone hasn’t heard him look on YouTube and listen at him talk about his faith. When a team has a special guy and he happens to be the coach that just mentors in every way of life, you are truly blessed to have had him. Sorry for hi jacking the thread, but just wanted to say a nice thing or two about the coach. I have always knew Belfry but now I know why!

You need to read Coach Haywood’s book. It’s a great read!
Belfry 45-14
Belfry 49-14
This is the best PC team since the Chapman years but I still don't think it will be too close. I dont see PC being able to stop all 3 of Belfry's 3 headed monster backfield. It will surprise me if Belfry doesnt win by at least 4 scores. I'll say 48-13 pirates. More than likely this will be the first of 2 matchups with 2nd game being at the CAM.
Short drive to Pike Central :bike::bike::bike:

Belfry 56
Pike County Central 14

Short drive back to Belfry :bike::bike::bike:
Belfry - 48
Pike Co Central - 6
I think the Hawks will play well enough in the 1st half to keep the running clock away until sometime late in the 3rd quarter but it will come. Pirates continue to dominate the district 49-13.
Hawks are 2 offsides plays from possibly being 8-0. However, I don't think they can pull this one off.
I saw that on WYMT too. I would have loved to played for a man like coach Hayward too. Very classy man. I think Coach Hayward and Coach French from Middlesboro are special people. Would love for my son to play for either of these guys. Always respected by everyone. I do think Belfry will win this one.
Going to be a dandy of a ball game good luck for a Injury free game.
I don’t think Pike Central Coach saying that in locker room about coach Haywood!!!! I’m he sure does respect him and who don’t he is a winner and a legend!!!! Mike Holcomb of Breathitt would get on WYMT and say I just hope we can keep up with Pirates and don’t blow us out. But in Locker room little different story believe me I played in 3 of those battles.But it work it kept them having little something extra to be fire up about. I do think it will Be another victory for the Big Red Machine!!! But little closer than most think.
35-21. I won’t be surprise if this is a close game first 3 quarters Pirates will be too much for Hawks in the 4 th quarter.
Statebound19 Wrote:I don’t think Pike Central Coach saying that in locker room about coach Haywood!!!! I’m he sure does respect him and who don’t he is a winner and a legend!!!! Mike Holcomb of Breathitt would get on WYMT and say I just hope we can keep up with Pirates and don’t blow us out. But in Locker room little different story believe me I played in 3 of those battles.But it work it kept them having little something extra to be fire up about. I do think it will Be another victory for the Big Red Machine!!! But little closer than most think.
35-21. I won’t be surprise if this is a close game first 3 quarters Pirates will be too much for Hawks in the 4 th quarter.

No disrespect intended toward PCC....but if this game is tight deep into the 3rd quarter.....then Belfry can kiss away any thoughts they have of getting to Kroger Field. This game should not be close in any fashion.
Belfry, I don’t think Pike Central has seen a defense like the Pirates have this year
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:No disrespect intended toward PCC....but if this game is tight deep into the 3rd quarter.....then Belfry can kiss away any thoughts they have of getting to Kroger Field. This game should not be close in any fashion.
Belfry hands down best team. But I have feeling that maybe looking ahead to Johnson Central the next week. If Belfry isn’t looking ahead to Johnson Central they win big. I wouldn’t be surprised if Belfry wins 42-0 but I think this one be close for 2-3 quarters before Pirates buckle down and turn on win by 2-3 tds.
Pirates by as much as Haywood wants.
Belfry 48
PCC 14
Statebound19 Wrote:Belfry hands down best team. But I have feeling that maybe looking ahead to Johnson Central the next week. If Belfry isn’t looking ahead to Johnson Central they win big. I wouldn’t be surprised if Belfry wins 42-0 but I think this one be close for 2-3 quarters before Pirates buckle down and turn on win by 2-3 tds.

Well.....they haven’t been healthy enough to be looking past anyone. Now they came out a little flat against Magoffin.....but that was a few weeks ago. If anything I’m predicting Belfry comes out sharp and ready to play. They are as anxious too see just how good they can be with everyone back just as the fan base is. Again, if this game is close deep in the third.....the Pirates have issues. Real issues
Central has had a good year and has some good players. But, Belfry has more horses in the stable and a Coach who is very well known for his teams getting better late in the year. Central keeps it close for a quarter then reality sets in....Plus it helps Pikevilles RPI if Belfry wins....😜

Belfry-42
PC-7
Keith Henry’s crew assigned to this game Friday?
bucslover68 Wrote:Keith Henry’s crew assigned to this game Friday?

Has to be either him or Jimmy Cecil’s crew. I think those guys have every Pikeville or Belfry game all year. Except last week, Hazard had their own crew.
Spud6 Wrote:Has to be either him or Jimmy Cecil’s crew. I think those guys have every Pikeville or Belfry game all year. Except last week, Hazard had their own crew.

Yep. We were told Henry’s crew which has 3 former or current Pike Central coaches on it 😂. No insinuating anything but...
Who are the 3 officials that used to coach at PC on that crew? Derrick Newsome I heard quit calling earlier this season due to obligations with girl's basketball. Not sure of the other 2.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep. We were told Henry’s crew which has 3 former or current Pike Central coaches on it 😂. No insinuating anything but...

Lol I understand that fully. But belfry shouldn’t have to worry about who’s reffing this game friday night. And if they let this game get into the refs hands then something is wrong with Belfry.
Spud6 Wrote:Lol I understand that fully. But belfry shouldn’t have to worry about who’s reffing this game friday night. And if they let this game get into the refs hands then something is wrong with Belfry.

I agree I just think it’s funny who they allow to ref these games. Considering that PC allowed Lawrence 35 points and Belfry allowed Lawrence 47 YARDS, I think the Big Red will be fine.
pirateforlife Wrote:Who are the 3 officials that used to coach at PC on that crew? Derrick Newsome I heard quit calling earlier this season due to obligations with girl's basketball. Not sure of the other 2.

You may be right about Newsome. The other 2 are Henry and Birchfield.
I'm not sure who the 3 officials that used to coach at pike central that are officials on the game this friday you're referring to. I know keith may refs now and used to coach girls basketball and was an assistant under Chapman but with him being principal at Belfry middle I don't think he would be assigned this game. Plus with some of the issues he had at PC. Like Spud6 said, if Belfry let's this be a close game in the 4th quarter, refs won't be to blame and they can forget about playing in December. Come playoffs this is why refs are all assigned out of region games across the state to prevent any issues for certain opponents.
Pages: 1 2 3