Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Pike Central 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pikeville was worried about officials also last week going to Hazard. If Belfry can come out and do to PC what Pikeville done to Hazard which is dominate from the opening kickoff then they won't be in a situation where a close call can affect the game. This is a game where Belfry should leave no doubt as to who the better team is.
pirateforlife Wrote:Pikeville was worried about officials also last week going to Hazard. If Belfry can come out and do to PC what Pikeville done to Hazard which is dominate from the opening kickoff then they won't be in a situation where a close call can affect the game. This is a game where Belfry should leave no doubt as to who the better team is.

Agreed. I made the exact point during the Belfry game Friday night.
Sad this one doesn’t have more chatter considering IMO it’s the biggest PC/Belfry game since the 9-10 seasons.
bucslover68 Wrote:Sad this one doesn’t have more chatter considering IMO it’s the biggest PC/Belfry game since the 9-10 seasons.

I know right.
I haven’t seen Pike Central play this year. They obviously have a nice team, but are they a pass heavy offense or a runs dominate offense? Do they have enough fire power to pull out the victory? Can they defend well enough to stop the Pirates? Everyone on the planet knows what Belfry is going to do, are the Hawks talented enough to make Belfry uncomfortable?

Would love to hear from some PCC fans and get there input. For a fan base that’s team is 8-1 and playing for a District Championship they’re a very quiet group.
This is the best I have seen PC look on the line of scrimmage in a long time. It is the biggest difference in their success.

Good size, good skill... a solid unit.

Hunt also is a tough little QB. I like the way he plays, he attacks each down and leaves it all on the field.

Anderson is going to be a monster for the next three and half years.

I actually think PC will give Belfry some issues for a Half or so. I think Belfry just has too much team speed and big play ability on both sides of the ball and once they start extending the lead and PC becomes more predictable it will snowball.

Belfry 54
PC 20
Pirates by 20. Hawks are better than most are giving them credit for.
E's Army Wrote:Pirates by 20. Hawks are better than most are giving them credit for.

I agree that PC is better, but I feel they will have a problem keeping up with the Pirates scoring unless BHS lays it down a bunch which has happened at the Hawk's Nest before.
bucslover68 Wrote:Sad this one doesn’t have more chatter considering IMO it’s the biggest PC/Belfry game since the 9-10 seasons.

Pike Central fans are staying quiet because they know their team is mediocre at best and gonna get thumped. If Belfry doesn't easily win this game they'll be in trouble in the playoffs.
This is a classic example of contenders vs pretenders
Pirates will be too much in this one, but PC has had a GREAT year!

Belfry 49
PC 21
pjdoug Wrote:Pike Central fans are staying quiet because they know their team is mediocre at best and gonna get thumped. If Belfry doesn't easily win this game they'll be in trouble in the playoffs.

Agreed......
Coach Ratliff has done wonders with the PCC program. This is a chance for them to take the next step.
pjdoug Wrote:Pike Central fans are staying quiet because they know their team is mediocre at best and gonna get thumped. If Belfry doesn't easily win this game they'll be in trouble in the playoffs.

Wrong, there alot better than people give them credit for.
Hawks32 Wrote:Wrong, there alot better than people give them credit for.

Not wrong. "They're " overrated and you'll agree with me Friday night.
pjdoug Wrote:Not wrong. "They're " overrated and you'll agree with me Friday night.

We will find out
Any word on injures for Belfry
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Any word on injures for Belfry

Maybe 55 can update us on Wolford. Other than that, I don’t know if anyone out for injury. Of course Mounts is not available.
Hawks are like a good quarter horse. Belfry is a good thoroughbred. Hawks will be good for a quarter.
pjdoug Wrote:Not wrong. "They're " overrated and you'll agree with me Friday night.

I wouldn't say they are overrated. They're a solid team who has beaten most of their competition. They are an okay team, but just because they might lose to Belfry doesn't mean they are overrated.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Any word on injures for Belfry

All good to go except Mounts.
Real Badman Wrote:I wouldn't say they are overrated. They're a solid team who has beaten most of their competition. They are an okay team, but just because they might lose to Belfry doesn't mean they are overrated.

I think you are right. You can't always judge your relation to Belfry to determine whether you are good or not. Now if you come out and battle for 4 quarters and lose by a score or two then that would definitely say something.
Hawks32 Wrote:We will find out
You sure will Confusednicker:
Real Badman Wrote:I wouldn't say they are overrated. They're a solid team who has beaten most of their competition. They are an okay team, but just because they might lose to Belfry doesn't mean they are overrated.
They haven't played against a good team. They've played against a bunch of smaller mediocre teams. Lawrence County is one of the best teams they've played. They are overrated and Belfry will welcome them to reality.
Pike central goes to Breathitt next week. Next week will tell us more about PC and Breathitt. If pc gets blown out by Belfry and plays close with Breathitt we know Breathitt is not as good as their record indicates. PC will be the best team they've played by far. I think PC loses both games with Belfry game being by a larger margin.
I'm not saying they will beat belfry by no man's, but it's not going to be a blow out like most think if we did lose. That's all I'm saying.
I guess it all depends on what you consider a blow out.
Pike Central is having a solid year and regardless of what happens in this game, they have had a very good season. They have some very good young players and the future looks bright. With that being said, Belfry put a running clock on Lawrence and Floyd Central, while Pike Central won in a dogfight against both teams. I believe Belfry is too big and too deep for Pike Central to compete with, but I'm pulling for Pike Central to make a good showing. Belfry wins 42-7.
Hawks32 Wrote:I'm not saying they will beat belfry by no man's, but it's not going to be a blow out like most think if we did lose. That's all I'm saying.

if it's not a blowout Belfry will have trouble in the playoffs.
This game will never be in doubt.

Belfry 49
PC 15
Pages: 1 2 3