Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 42 Hazard 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Anybody see that coming? ....
Hambley Wrote:Anybody see that coming? ....

Most certainly did not see that coming.
Hazard didn’t show up and Pikeville did. Pikeville dominated every aspect of the game and Hazard looked scared to be honest with you.
Hambley Wrote:Anybody see that coming? ....
Spread is a more than expected but I did not think the game would ever be in doubt....it wasn’t.
Great win for Pikeville!
All I gotta say is DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN
Hazard is one of those teams where 1 or two players make a massive impact. Fletcher trying to play through injuries and not being able to run him took away any chance they had at being competitive. If Reece can’t get healthy in the coming weeks Hazard might as well stay home second week of playoffs.

Pikeville is a well oiled machine. I don’t see anyone in 1A even competing with them until the finals. Totally different team than what played Paintsville several weeks ago. They did this tonight and Isaac didn’t even play well.
Congratulations Panthers!! 8-0 record now.
Congrats Panthers
Pikeville is the real deal. The win at Belfry is all this team needed to take it to the next level. Young QB has settled in and seems to completely get it, with weapons all over the field. Pikeville folks can start making reservations. Congrats Panthers.
I figured pikeville would win. But never dreamed they would embarrass us
Congratulations Pikeville :Cheerlead
Pikeville played like they were making a statement to those AP voters who ranked Hazard #1 and KCD #2.

Serious question for my Panther colleagues. Anyone else seeing the Belfry game as McNamees’s version of Battailles similar breakout vs Hazard in 2015? Because I sure am. That Hazard game was when people knew for sure it was starting to click for Wyatt. I think the Belfry game did the same for young Isaac.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Pikeville is the real deal. The win at Belfry is all this team needed to take it to the next level. Young QB has settled in and seems to completely get it, with weapons all over the field. Pikeville folks can start making reservations. Congrats Panthers.

Yes they are. Taking nothing away from Hazard, they have a really good team, or anybody else in 1A but I just don't see anyone even coming close to beating the Panthers, and that's including in the playoffs. Unless there is a MAJOR upset, Pikeville will win the championship easily in 2019.
Ouch. Wood shed
A-Block Wrote:Hazard is one of those teams where 1 or two players make a massive impact. Fletcher trying to play through injuries and not being able to run him took away any chance they had at being competitive. If Reece can’t get healthy in the coming weeks Hazard might as well stay home second week of playoffs.

Pikeville is a well oiled machine. I don’t see anyone in 1A even competing with them until the finals. Totally different team than what played Paintsville several weeks ago. They did this tonight and Isaac didn’t even play well.

Isaac played very well. Don’t know what game you was watching.
Statement win! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Not the game I was expecting. But did get to meet a good friend tonight and spent most of the 1st half talking to him. Glad we got to chat!!! Pikeville was a well oiled machine tonight...

I shall more than likely be in attendance for the rematch in Pikeville on November 15th.
VoR_58 Wrote:Isaac played very well. Don’t know what game you was watching.

Watched portions of the game with several Pikeville fans actually. All of whom saw it as I did. Did very well on his short screens etc. But rushed a couple of long balls that would have been 6. Under threw Pugh once when he had 5/10 yards on the corner. Kid is improving like crazy but tonight honestly the running game was clicking so well they didn’t need those deep passes. I will say this, play back the tape from the first two weeks to now his footwork is night and day.
bac2369 Wrote:Not the game I was expecting. But did get to meet a good friend tonight and spent most of the 1st half talking to him. Glad we got to chat!!! Pikeville was a well oiled machine tonight...

I shall more than likely be in attendance for the rematch in Pikeville on November 15th.

Same here bac2369 it was a pleasure to meet you and talk football. Pikeville definitely was hitting on all cylinders tonight. To me it was the defence that shined the most. They were incredible tonight. I do think that Fletcher was no way near his self tonight. The best game I have seen Pikeville play this year at times in some games we seen this team but At times we didn’t but tonight except for a few plays every thing was perfect. Congratulations to the Panthers and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
A bright spot for Pikeville fans that really caught me off guard today was in the second half when RB #4 went out of the game and freshman Carson Wright stepped in and was running the ball. They ran a screen pass to him headed down Pikeville's sideline and he made a jump-cut and hit a gear I've never seen him hit. I've watched Carson play for three years now and I had never seen that gear from him. He hit that cut, stuck a foot in the ground and was gone down the sideline. That kid has everything he needs to be special and Pikeville is in good hands with these young fellas coming up.

I don't mean to derail this thread but it's rare that I see a play so small that really jumped out to me and that one did.
bac2369 Wrote:Not the game I was expecting. But did get to meet a good friend tonight and spent most of the 1st half talking to him. Glad we got to chat!!! Pikeville was a well oiled machine tonight...

If your referring to Patriot1 then there is no better person. He's one of the best people I've ever met.
#55PirateFan Wrote:If your referring to Patriot1 then there is no better person. He's one of the best people I've ever met.

I gotta agree.. talked to him the whole first half while he left his company in the stands.
bac2369 Wrote:I gotta agree.. talked to him the whole first half while he left his company in the stands.

You all should have gave me a shout. I'd love to have met you all, and standing would have been a lot warmer than sitting on those cold bleachers.
Spud6 Wrote:You all should have gave me a shout. I'd love to have met you all, and standing would have been a lot warmer than sitting on those cold bleachers.

Don’t believe Spud6, he wouldn’t have come down there and stood with an old man and a young man bac2369. I am just kidding Spud6, him and I stood down there and called the plays the teams were going to run the first half. Part of the third quarter.
Patriot1 Wrote:Don’t believe Spud6, he wouldn’t have come down there and stood with an old man and a young man bac2369. I am just kidding Spud6, him and I stood down there and called the plays the teams were going to run the first half. Part of the third quarter.

I do that to my wife and she never understands a thing I’m saying. That fake to Reins for the seam route to Hinsley is always my play I pick when I’m not too sure.
Patriot1 Wrote:Same here bac2369 it was a pleasure to meet you and talk football. Pikeville definitely was hitting on all cylinders tonight. To me it was the defence that shined the most. They were incredible tonight. I do think that Fletcher was no way near his self tonight. The best game I have seen Pikeville play this year at times in some games we seen this team but At times we didn’t but tonight except for a few plays every thing was perfect. Congratulations to the Panthers and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Bac is as good a guy as you will ever meet. Straight shooter.
Pikeville should have their sights set on a state title. Passing all the test
Based on this score rest of 1A playing for the runner up trophy @ Kroger
Pages: 1 2