Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Statewide top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Calpreps top 10 with records vs top quarter teams in america (1-3500) Have to do this to show some separation.
  1. Covington Catholic 3-0
  2. Male 4-0
  3. Trinity 6-2 (every game on the schedule so far, BRUTAL)
  4. Boyle 3-0
  5. Douglass 1-0
  6. North Hardin 1-0
  7. Johnson Central 2-0
  8. Manual 2-1
  9. St.X 2-3
  10. Pikeville 3-0
Based upon what I saw last Friday night in the LexCath game, I'd have CovCath behind Boyle Co.

IMO this Boyle Co offense could score some points on anyone.
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Boyle County**
4. CovCath**
5. Frederick Douglass
6. Manual
7. St. Xavier
8. Johnson Central
9. North Hardin
10. Central Hardin

** No team in KY has a more impressive win than what CovCath did to LaSalle. With that said, I can't help but also see that LexCath game and subsequently what Boyle did to lexCath and have to give the Rebels the nod**

Small School Top 10 (3A or Smaller)
1. DeSales
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
5. Mayfield
6. Bell County
7. LCA
8. Hazard
9. Beechwood
10. Ashland
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Boyle County**
4. CovCath**
5. Frederick Douglass
6. Manual
7. St. Xavier
8. Johnson Central
9. North Hardin
10. Central Hardin

** No team in KY has a more impressive win than what CovCath did to LaSalle. With that said, I can't help but also see that LexCath game and subsequently what Boyle did to lexCath and have to give the Rebels the nod**

1. DeSales
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
5. Mayfield
6. Bell County
7. LCA
8. Hazard
9. Beechwood
10. Ashland

Small school Paintsville > Beechwood due to head to head win on neutral field.
The Cov cath/lex cath game is an outlier. There are many variables that factored into the final score. Regardless it’s inconsequential. Cov cath won the game and Cal preps agrees with me.
Woodsman Wrote:The Cov cath/lex cath game is an outlier. There are many variables that factored into the final score. Regardless it’s inconsequential. Cov cath won the game and Cal preps agrees with me.

Do you think CovCath would beat Boyle Co? If so....

If CovCath couldn't guard the LexCath receivers what makes you think they could guard Boyles?

And Boyle Co offense and defense are MUCH better than LexCaths.
Rankings mean nothing. I really do not think Pikeville would beat several ranked below them. They are a good team, that is obvious. But it is a good thing for Pikeville fans they do not have to play teams like Scott Country and such.
I’d like to see Cov cath va Boyle. Last year hands down Cov cath wins that game. This year I’d have to give it to Boyle. Cov cath might have had a bad game but they didn’t really stop lex caths WRs. On the same note, lex cath put up yards on boyles defense doing the same thing they did to Covington. Boyle’s offense would be the difference in this game. They would just simply out score Covington. So I’d rank them ahead. I’m still not sold on either one of them being much better if at all over FD. They keep going slightly unnoticed.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Rankings mean nothing. I really do not think Pikeville would beat several ranked below them. They are a good team, that is obvious. But it is a good thing for Pikeville fans they do not have to play teams like Scott Country and such.

That is a gigantic compliment to Class A Pikeville although I doubt you intended it that way. What's good for Pikeville fans is they have a great team that is unbeaten and very exciting to watch and has an excellent shot at playing in their 9th championship game and winning their 5th state championship.
I think you have to give Cov Catholic a lot of credit beating a previously unbeaten and highly ranked Lasalle team, who plays in the GCL and have played an extremely tough schedule. Boyle deserves credit for there blowout win over Lex Catholic, as well, but, let's be honest, Lex Cath's defense leaves a lot to be desired. Everyone they've played have put up big offensive numbers. FD is a team that also deserves some credit. They're dominating everyone put in front of them and have more depth and overall talent than either CC or Boyle, but, outside of Scott Co, they haven't played near the schedule. Here's how I'd have them at this point:

1) Male
2) Trinity
3) F.Douglass
4) Cov Catholic
5) Boyle Co
6) N Hardin
7) Scott Co
8) J Central
9) Manual
10) St X
jetpilot Wrote:That is a gigantic compliment to Class A Pikeville although I doubt you intended it that way. What's good for Pikeville fans is they have a great team that is unbeaten and very exciting to watch and has an excellent shot at playing in their 9th championship game and winning their 5th state championship.

You can say what you want about being 1A. But they don’t have a 1 A football roster. They’ve had a bigger roster then any team they’ve played. I’m sure not mean 1A teams has near 70 players.
Dline Wrote:You can say what you want about being 1A. But they don’t have a 1 A football roster. They’ve had a bigger roster then any team they’ve played. I’m sure not mean 1A teams has near 70 players.

Pikeville’s roster has 53 kids on it.
FoSho Wrote:Do you think CovCath would beat Boyle Co? If so....

If CovCath couldn't guard the LexCath receivers what makes you think they could guard Boyles?

And Boyle Co offense and defense are MUCH better than LexCaths.
There was a lot going on defensively and offensively the lex cath week. It was not a good game. That happens. It had nothing to do with “guarding” receivers. There was only one or two passes over 20 yards.

Cov cath and Boyle county would likely be a pretty good game. People who dismiss Covington Catholics defense, do so at their own peril. They are obviously one of the best in the state, as evidenced by their dominance over lasalle. Lasalle prefers you run the ball, but make no mistake about it, they are more than competent in the passing game as well. I would wager to say that only a few schools in the bluegrass rival their ability. Boyle would be one....which is why I feel it would be a good game. I think Covington Catholics offense would be just as much, if not more of a threat to Boyle’s defense. If a super stacked defense like lasalle couldn’t stop Cov cath, how would Boyle?
Hound05 Wrote:I’d like to see Cov cath va Boyle. Last year hands down Cov cath wins that game. This year I’d have to give it to Boyle. Cov cath might have had a bad game but they didn’t really stop lex caths WRs. On the same note, lex cath put up yards on boyles defense doing the same thing they did to Covington. Boyle’s offense would be the difference in this game. They would just simply out score Covington. So I’d rank them ahead. I’m still not sold on either one of them being much better if at all over FD. They keep going slightly unnoticed.

Cov cath is a better team this year than last.
I would have Douglass at 4, Boyle at 5, and Johnson Central at 6. Covington Catholic's win over LaSalle is the most impressive win by a Kentucky team this season. However, I would rank Male #1 and Covington Catholic a very close 2.
Dline Wrote:You can say what you want about being 1A. But they don’t have a 1 A football roster. They’ve had a bigger roster then any team they’ve played. I’m sure not mean 1A teams has near 70 players.

I’m curious. Did you say the same things about Beechwood, Mayfield, et al when they were 1A? Fact is, even in our “down” years we were consistent in the 40+ range for a roster. Tradition keeps our rosters strong. I’ve seem 1A teams with bigger numbers who didn’t do jack crap. I’ve seen teams with smaller rosters head to the ‘ship game.

So it's a bad thing Pikeville has built a solid program that their students want to play do for????? Maybe the KHSAA should start classifying teams based on roster number and not the system they have in place now.

Another unintended compliment. Plus most of the teams Pikeville has beaten this year have more kids on the roster.
Woodsman Wrote:There was a lot going on defensively and offensively the lex cath week. It was not a good game. That happens. It had nothing to do with “guarding” receivers. There was only one or two passes over 20 yards.

Cov cath and Boyle county would likely be a pretty good game. People who dismiss Covington Catholics defense, do so at their own peril. They are obviously one of the best in the state, as evidenced by their dominance over lasalle. Lasalle prefers you run the ball, but make no mistake about it, they are more than competent in the passing game as well. I would wager to say that only a few schools in the bluegrass rival their ability. Boyle would be one....which is why I feel it would be a good game. I think Covington Catholics offense would be just as much, if not more of a threat to Boyle’s defense. If a super stacked defense like lasalle couldn’t stop Cov cath, how would Boyle?

Okay Sportsman.

Opinions are what they are but I watched some of the CC/LC game and it was paimful watching the CC kids cover LC WR. LC offense is pretty good but I'm still not sure people understand how well coached and potent the Boyle Co offense is. The Boyle Co defense is good/fast and held Beau to one passing TD and a little over 200 yards until the last possession down 64-21 when the LC offense nickel and dimes their way down the field only to score in the closing minute of the game with Allens 2nd TD pass.

How many yards/TD did he throw for that game vs CC? A LOT.

I don't know anything about LaSalle. Maybe that was a great win (like KnoxCath game was for Highlands lol). I don't really care because the only like opponen tbetween CC and BC is LC and IMO the Rebels would move the ball at will vs the CC defense and win by multiple scores.

Interested to see how the HHS vs CC game goes this Friday, that may shed some more light on things.
FoSho Wrote:Okay Sportsman.

Opinions are what they are but I watched some of the CC/LC game and it was paimful watching the CC kids cover LC WR. LC offense is pretty good but I'm still not sure people understand how well coached and potent the Boyle Co offense is. The Boyle Co defense is good/fast and held Beau to one passing TD and a little over 200 yards until the last possession down 64-21 when the LC offense nickel and dimes their way down the field only to score in the closing minute of the game with Allens 2nd TD pass.

How many yards/TD did he throw for that game vs CC? A LOT.

I don't know anything about LaSalle. Maybe that was a great win (like KnoxCath game was for Highlands lol). I don't really care because the only like opponen tbetween CC and BC is LC and IMO the Rebels would move the ball at will vs the CC defense and win by multiple scores.

Interested to see how the HHS vs CC game goes this Friday, that may shed some more light on things.
Sure. Best of luck the remainder of the season. I think the most factual thing you said was that you do not know anything about Lasalle of Cincinnati. Comparing scores with common opponents, is fools gold...just for your future reference.
Woodsman Wrote:Sure. Best of luck the remainder of the season. I think the most factual thing you said was that you do not know anything about Lasalle of Cincinnati. Comparing scores with liked opponents is fools gold...just for your future reference.

It gives a much better gauge than just someone's opinion. Maybe Boyle Co are just THAT GOOD that they'd beat LaSalle even worse than CC....OR maybe LaSalle is overrated?

Right Sportsman? Surely you're not saying your opinion is FACT? Lol
FoSho Wrote:It gives a much better gauge than just someone's opinion. Maybe Boyle Co are just THAT GOOD that they'd beat LaSalle even worse than CC....OR maybe LaSalle is overrated?

Right Sportsman? Surely you're not saying your opinion is FACT? Lol
What ranking systems are you basing your opinion off of? Surely you didn’t watch 5 minutes of one game and somehow become an “expert” right?

I think everyone in the state would love to watch a cch vs Boyle county game....except you.
No it was intended.
Woodsman Wrote:What ranking systems are you basing your opinion off of? Surely you didn’t watch 5 minutes of one game and somehow become an “expert” right?

I think everyone in the state would love to watch a cch vs Boyle county game....except you.

Then everyone but me would be shocked at who's ass actually got spanked.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Boyle County**
4. CovCath**
5. Frederick Douglass
6. Manual
7. St. Xavier
8. Johnson Central
9. North Hardin
10. Central Hardin

1. DeSales
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
5. Mayfield
6. Bell County
7. LCA
8. Hazard
9. Beechwood
10. Ashland

Looks pretty good to me. All will sort out in next couple weeks.:lmao:
FoSho Wrote:Then everyone but me would be shocked at who's ass actually got spanked.

You never cease to amaze me. That’s impressive.
Woodsman Wrote:You never cease to amaze me. That’s impressive.

You never cease to amuse me. Which I enjoy thoroughly.

Thank you.
For the record according to Calpreps, the Best Wins of the Year:

CovCath defeating #154 LaSalle
Male defeating #177 Trinity
Trinity defeating #633 Carmel
Trinity defeating #660 Warren Central, IN

Those first three also have the highest performance rating.
FoSho Wrote:Do you think CovCath would beat Boyle Co?

No Cov Cath can not beat Boyle Co.
plantmanky Wrote:No Cov Cath can not beat Boyle Co.

Oohhhhh you're in for it now. 😳
Pages: 1 2