Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Statewide top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
plantmanky Wrote:No Cov Cath can not beat Boyle Co.

Why? What is your take? Because they don't play? Lol

Have you seen both play? I'm interested in your take.
If I recall, Boyle was a buzz saw throughout the whole regular season and early in the playoffs last year, but, then got soundly beaten and shutout by a team that according to most Rebel fans prior to the game, had no business on the same field.. I like Boyle's team and think they're very well coached and execute on both sides of the ball, but, they aren't, by any means, unbeatable.. Male, Trinity likely beat them by double digits strictly on talent alone.. FD and CC could beat them more times than not and JCentral, Scott Co, St X, Manual and 4 or 5 others could compete toe to toe with them everyday of the week. No disrespect meant, but, they should cool there jets a little. It came back to bite them last year and could very well again this year.
Your post is crap but typical.

This is the same team as last year except a year older, stronger, faster,, better, deeper AND HEALTHY!

BTW, thanks for your opinion.
Guys, let's try to be civil with one another. Things are getting a little heated.
Westside Wrote:Guys, let's try to be civil with one another. Things are getting a little heated.

I'm fine.

I'm just tired of the rhetoric and felt like the comment about Boyle fans saying Corbin "shouldn't be on the same field" is crap (a lie).

I'm like Trump, I can't let anything go anymore. I have to call people out on their crap.

😬
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293121bfa04a0a9bde47...=giphy.gif]
KYHSFBFan Wrote:If I recall, Boyle was a buzz saw throughout the whole regular season and early in the playoffs last year, but, then got soundly beaten and shutout by a team that according to most Rebel fans prior to the game, had no business on the same field.. I like Boyle's team and think they're very well coached and execute on both sides of the ball, but, they aren't, by any means, unbeatable.. Male, Trinity likely beat them by double digits strictly on talent alone.. FD and CC could beat them more times than not and JCentral, Scott Co, St X, Manual and 4 or 5 others could compete toe to toe with them everyday of the week. No disrespect meant, but, they should cool there jets a little. It came back to bite them last year and could very well again this year.

I think you’re making a legitimate argument.

The only counter I could offer is:

1. This year Boyle has defeated Mercer, CAL, HHS and LC convincingly in a row. Last years team did not face that competition in consecutive weeks.

2. Last year Boyle had more injuries than just about anyone throughout the year and it showed in the playoffs.

3. This year there have been injuries but they’ve responded better when Bartelson and Colwick have been out. This team is deeper than last year.

4. Last year Boyle was on the road in the playoffs. If their RPI holds up they will be at home and motivated by last years disappointment. :Thumbs:
KYHSFBFan Wrote:If I recall, Boyle was a buzz saw throughout the whole regular season and early in the playoffs last year, but, then got soundly beaten and shutout by a team that according to most Rebel fans prior to the game, had no business on the same field.. I like Boyle's team and think they're very well coached and execute on both sides of the ball, but, they aren't, by any means, unbeatable.. Male, Trinity likely beat them by double digits strictly on talent alone.. FD and CC could beat them more times than not and JCentral, Scott Co, St X, Manual and 4 or 5 others could compete toe to toe with them everyday of the week. No disrespect meant, but, they should cool there jets a little. It came back to bite them last year and could very well again this year.

[opinions] You know what they say about opinions, what makes yours better than FoSho’s?
Jack Lambert Wrote:[opinions] You know what they say about opinions, what makes yours better than FoSho’s?

Winner winner chicken dinner!
FoSho Wrote:Winner winner chicken dinner!

I don’t post much anymore but sometimes I just have to.
plantmanky Wrote:No Cov Cath can not beat Boyle Co.

Of course they could. To suggest otherwise is silly. Whether they would...no one knows because they don’t play.
FoSho Wrote:I'm fine.

I'm just tired of the rhetoric and felt like the comment about Boyle fans saying Corbin "shouldn't be on the same field" is crap (a lie).

I'm like Trump, I can't let anything go anymore. I have to call people out on their crap.

😬

In all seriousness, I truly hope Boyle county wins a state championship this year. The thought of them falling short is frightening to me.
FoSho Wrote:Your post is crap but typical.

This is the same team as last year except a year older, stronger, faster,, better, deeper AND HEALTHY!

BTW, thanks for your opinion.

That is key, being a year older with what a year they had the year before. Boyle is no doubt as good as advertised. I watched Highlands play Knoxville Catholic, I also recorded and watched Knoxville Catholic beat Brentwood Academy on ESPN. Highlands gave them all they wanted and Boyle County stuffed the turkey with them. A big no score and backed it up by toying with LC. Putting up numbers like a basketball game. I say cherish the moments because you all have a Historical year in the making that will be talked about from years to come. I have been watching Boyle’s games on YouTube. Very impressive. They kinda remind me of the 49ers on Tecmo Bowl Football, unstoppable.
Woodsman Wrote:In all seriousness, I truly hope Boyle county wins a state championship this year. The thought of them falling short is frightening to me.

You must know a lot about falling short.
Bull got out! Wrote:That is key, being a year older with what a year they had the year before. Boyle is no doubt as good as advertised. I watched Highlands play Knoxville Catholic, I also recorded and watched Knoxville Catholic beat Brentwood Academy on ESPN. Highlands gave them all they wanted and Boyle County stuffed the turkey with them. A big no score and backed it up by toying with LC. Putting up numbers like a basketball game. I say cherish the moments because you all have a Historical year in the making that will be talked about from years to come. I have been watching Boyle’s games on YouTube. Very impressive. They kinda remind me of the 49ers on Tecmo Bowl Football, unstoppable.

I appreciate the post and pretty much agree that they have an opportunity to do something very special. They are coached like a high level college team, they prepare like one and they execute like one.

That Corbin loss was the gasoline for the fire.

Could they lose? Of course, nobody is unbeatable but I wouldn't bet on it.
FoSho Wrote:You must know a lot about falling short.

Good one!! Who helped you? 🤤
woodsman Wrote:good one!! Who helped you? 🤤

🤐
This! 100 times this!! Some seem to have short term memory loss on here. But it was these same conversations last year. Boyle is a great team! They were last year. They just weren’t the best. But I specifically remember someone on here saying they could compete with trinity last year and beat them a couple times in a series haha. But you’re right, the talent difference alone, would decide that game. I’ll give boule credit they are a great team this year, not the best in the state but maybe/probably the best in their class. But to act like they’re IMG academy is laughable at best. I’ll also say after talking to most if not close to 90% of their fans realize this and are ok with it. They are the ones you can have a reasonable convo with, and I generally like hearing their thoughts. It’s not bad to have confidence and pride in your team, but making claims that they are the best team and yada yada yada just makes individuals look like jackass’s outside of their own bubble they live in. I know of at least 5-8 teams right off the top of my head that could beat Boyle on any given night. That’s not a shot, it’s the truth. Heck I know of 40 teams that could beat us on a given night haha. Boyle probably is better than last year, and they might win it all, in 4A. But there are several teams that could put up as many as they wanted on them as well. Sometimes you have to be grounded back to earth, it happened last year to them, and most of the fans took it for what it was. Most importantly I tbink the players took it for what is was and will use that this year to their advantage by keeping focused.
Hatz Wrote:I think you’re making a legitimate argument.

The only counter I could offer is:

1. This year Boyle has defeated Mercer, CAL, HHS and LC convincingly in a row. Last years team did not face that competition in consecutive weeks.

2. Last year Boyle had more injuries than just about anyone throughout the year and it showed in the playoffs.

3. This year there have been injuries but they’ve responded better when Bartelson and Colwick have been out. This team is deeper than last year.

4. Last year Boyle was on the road in the playoffs. If their RPI holds up they will be at home and motivated by last years disappointment. :Thumbs:
I think your first bullet point is huge. I thought that would be a big difference between us last year. We had just honestly faced better competition, it’s no fault of anyone because it’s hard to judge how a team you’re facing will look in a year. But I tbink our schedule and the experience we gained helped us tremendously in that game. This year Boyle will be focused and ready, and it will show. Good luck
Jack Lambert Wrote:[opinions] You know what they say about opinions, what makes yours better than FoSho’s?

It's not, but, it isn't bias one way or the other either.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:It's not, but, it isn't bias one way or the other either.

Bias? So I can't have a trusted opinion because my team is involved?

I know what we're capable of and I know what I see in other teams. CovCath is not fast enough to stop the Rebels, hell they couldn't stop LexCath receivers.

But to each his own. We'll never know anyway so why discuss anymore? I'm out.
You're right, CovCath would definetly beat Boyle.

😂
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Rankings mean nothing. I really do not think Pikeville would beat several ranked below them. They are a good team, that is obvious. But it is a good thing for Pikeville fans they do not have to play teams like Scott Country and such.
They just SMOKED Hazard in a running clock 42-0 and Hazard played Somerset tough. AT Hazard
Pages: 1 2