Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County @ Mercer County 9-13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions.
Same result as the first couple of games. Starters out by the half.
Mercer Co is improved but is not on the same level as Boyle Co. They will struggle to score and the Rebels will not.

This is the best team the Titans have had in quite a while and the best team that Boyle Co will have played so far this year. The coaches are very close.

I'll say:
Rebels - 47
Titans - 7
The Mercer win over Anderson Co last week surprised me. That's a pretty solid Anderson team. They'll be stepping up in level this week with Boyle. I do think Mercer will come in with some confidence and I agree this will be Boyles best competition to date, so, I could see Mercer hanging around for a half, but, I think Boyle's offense gets going in the 2nd half and they pull away 42-14..
Prime time Mercer County :dontthink :dontthink :dontthink

Boyle County 56
Mercer County 06
Boyle County 52

Mercer County 7
No disrespect to Mercer. But after watching their game on huddle, or most of it, they don’t have near what it’s gonna take to even scare Boyle. I stand by my prediction, starters won’t see the 2nd half. One of those games that’ll get young guys some reps.
Boyle County 35-14
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle County 35-14

If we see a score like this it’s because Chuck Smith and Coach B are friends.
Boyle County has a team comparable to the ones that won the state 5 years in a row. I just don't see any team in 4A beating them this year. The Mercer game may be a little closer with the coaches being friends.
Rebels continue to dominate their schedule:

Boyle County 56
Mercer County 12
Score from last year was 42-2. The score this year will have nothing to do with coaches being friends. Boyle could not run on Mercer last year and Boyle graduated their leading rusher. Mercer has to try and slow Boyle's passing game down while trying to establish a passing game. Mercer attempted 4 passes last year and was sacked close to 10 times. Mercer out rushed Boyle last year 157 to 139. Mercer held Boyle under 100 yards rushing with starters in.
rick2517 Wrote:Boyle County has a team comparable to the ones that won the state 5 years in a row. I just don't see any team in 4A beating them this year. The Mercer game may be a little closer with the coaches being friends.

I'll agree with you, I think Boyle County is the favorite in 4A this year and if I was going to make a wager on who wins the championship I'd put my money on the Rebels as of now. But dont sleep on Johnson Central. The Eagles are just as good if not better than they were last year, IMO, and are more than capable of playing with and beating Boyle County. I thought JC was the best team in 4A last year but didn't show up in the title game and got upset. I hope this game happens and I hope it happens in Lexington. Like I said before, if it does happen, I think it will be the best championship game this year.
UK1 Wrote:Score from last year was 42-2. The score this year will have nothing to do with coaches being friends. Boyle could not run on Mercer last year and Boyle graduated their leading rusher. Mercer has to try and slow Boyle's passing game down while trying to establish a passing game. Mercer attempted 4 passes last year and was sacked close to 10 times. Mercer out rushed Boyle last year 157 to 139. Mercer held Boyle under 100 yards rushing with starters in.

I like the spin and the optimism. 👍🏻
FoSho Wrote:I like the spin and the optimism. ����

Spin or facts?
UK1 Wrote:Spin or facts?

Good luck Friday night!
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'll agree with you, I think Boyle County is the favorite in 4A this year and if I was going to make a wager on who wins the championship I'd put my money on the Rebels as of now. But dont sleep on Johnson Central. The Eagles are just as good if not better than they were last year, IMO, and are more than capable of playing with and beating Boyle County. I thought JC was the best team in 4A last year but didn't show up in the title game and got upset. I hope this game happens and I hope it happens in Lexington. Like I said before, if it does happen, I think it will be the best championship game this year.

I agree...Johnson Central is better than last year. I know that is hard to believe, but it appears watching them, that it is true. I just hope the seeding gives us the 4A championship game we should all want, Boyle vs JC. Still a lot of football left, injuries and things always seem to change the way the season unfolds, unfortunately.
UK1 Wrote:Score from last year was 42-2. The score this year will have nothing to do with coaches being friends. Boyle could not run on Mercer last year and Boyle graduated their leading rusher. Mercer has to try and slow Boyle's passing game down while trying to establish a passing game. Mercer attempted 4 passes last year and was sacked close to 10 times. Mercer out rushed Boyle last year 157 to 139. Mercer held Boyle under 100 yards rushing with starters in.

Boyle's 2nd leading rusher is back and he was 2nd by only 148 yards. Was it mentioned he is going to Notre Dame next year?

In last year's game Boyle ran for 139 yards to Mercer's 157 while rushing 26 times. That's 5 yds per carry. Slowed down, not shut down. Mercer, in comparison, averaged 4 yds per carry. :Thumbs:

Of course Lanter was 17-18 for 304 yards and 4 TD's. Does Boyle really need to rush the ball better if they can get that passing in this game? 42 points is hardly a bragging point of hope for a new year.

Mercer needs more offense. :Thumbs:

BTW, these are the FACTS. :eyeroll:
FoSho Wrote:Good luck Friday night!

Yeah you too.
Hatz Wrote:Boyle's 2nd leading rusher is back and he was 2nd by only 148 yards. Was it mentioned he is going to Notre Dame next year?

In last year's game Boyle ran for 139 yards to Mercer's 157 while rushing 26 times. That's 5 yds per carry. Slowed down, not shut down. Mercer, in comparison, averaged 4 yds per carry. :Thumbs:

Of course Lanter was 17-18 for 304 yards and 4 TD's. Does Boyle really need to rush the ball better if they can get that passing in this game? 42 points is hardly a bragging point of hope for a new year.

Mercer needs more offense. :Thumbs:

BTW, these are the FACTS. :eyeroll:
Your Redshirt Junior going to Notre Dame got tackled in the endzone by a true freshman last year for a saftey. Anderson was up on us 28-0 at halftime last year. I am sure they were expecting the same this year also. Seems like i said above Mercer needs to slow Boyle's passing game down and get their passing game going better.
UK1 Wrote:Your Redshirt Junior going to Notre Dame got tackled in the endzone by a true freshman last year for a saftey. Anderson was up on us 28-0 at halftime last year. I am sure they were expecting the same this year also. Seems like i said above Mercer needs to slow Boyle's passing game down and get their passing game going better.

So, the Titans can improve, but the Rebels can not???

Hmmm.

BTW, in what way did that safety effect the outcome of the game? :popcorn:
I want to start by saying that I love Coach B and that Mercer Co has some great football players on their team. Drakeford is a great looking athlete and Yulee and Dunn are also very good.

Boyle Co is much improved this season but the BIGGEST difference from last year to this year is the attitude. They are pissed off and playing that way.

Why do people mention a hold back kid when it's perfectly legal with the KHSAA, smart and up to their parents to do what they feel is best for their child?

I'm not going to bash any kid, ever and I hope it's a game we both can get thru with no injuries.
Hatz Wrote:So, the Titans can improve, but the Rebels can not???

Hmmm.

BTW, in what way did that safety effect the outcome of the game? :popcorn:

Lets see here. When did i say the Titans can improve but the Rebels can not? When did i say the safety had an effect on the outcome of game?
FoSho Wrote:I want to start by saying that I love Coach B and that Mercer Co has some great football players on their team. Drakeford is a great looking athlete and Yulee and Dunn are also very good.

Boyle Co is much improved this season but the BIGGEST difference from last year to this year is the attitude. They are pissed off and playing that way.

Why do people mention a hold back kid when it's perfectly legal with the KHSAA, smart and up to their parents to do what they feel is best for their child?

I'm not going to bash any kid, ever and I hope it's a game we both can get thru with no injuries.

Agree with you 100%. Whether Boyle wins state or not has nothing to do with our season. We have bigger problems being in a district with CAL and Desales. I hope Boyle has a ton of success this year and is injury free. We want to improve each week and compete for a district title and go from there.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Rebels continue to dominate their schedule:

Boyle County 56
Mercer County 12

Hey 55 I’ve tried to pm you back several times your box is full...
single shot Wrote:Hey 55 I’ve tried to pm you back several times your box is full...

Try him at 1-800-IMA-PIMP.
fosho Wrote:try him at 1-800-ima-pimp.

lmao!
single shot Wrote:Hey 55 I’ve tried to pm you back several times your box is full...

Yeah, I got a message saying it was full. Try now. I just emptied it.
FoSho Wrote:I want to start by saying that I love Coach B and that Mercer Co has some great football players on their team. Drakeford is a great looking athlete and Yulee and Dunn are also very good.

Well said buddy
I see a very similar score to the Danville game for Boyle and Mercer, Boyle with a running clock by halftime.
Pages: 1 2 3