Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 41 Raceland 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Worst offensive performance since the title game. Had no answer for anything defensively either. Good luck to Russell the rest of the season. Most physical Russell team I've seen in the Maynard era. We have a looooooong way to go. Prayers for Heighton as well. Not sure on the injury or its severity, but it was enough to knock him out of the game. Very rough game to watch. I still love and support my Rams. Hopefully we can right the ship and turn things around.
Good luck to Raceland the rest of the season and prayers for Jacob Heighton. I think heard on the Russell broadcast that it may have been a collarbone break.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Worst offensive performance since the title game. Had no answer for anything defensively either. Good luck to Russell the rest of the season. Most physical Russell team I've seen in the Maynard era. We have a looooooong way to go. Prayers for Heighton as well. Not sure on the injury or its severity, but it was enough to knock him out of the game. Very rough game to watch. I still love and support my Rams. Hopefully we can right the ship and turn things around.

The rumor on Facebook is that he broke his collarbone.
Who was the Russell player that got hurt in pregame? TJ mentioned someone tore an acl in the post game show. I found out it was Blake Stump Again. I hate that for the kid. He has some bad luck.
Prayers for Jacob Heighton...and family. Strong performance by Russell. Good luck to Rams on the rest of the season.
The Russell line, running backs, and linebackers were far better than the Raceland line, running backs, and linebackers. The only spots that Raceland had an advantage were the QB and the WRs. When Russell eliminated the QB, the WRs weren’t getting the ball anymore and the game was over.
Russell dominated from start to finish
Ass whoopin! Back to the drawing board
It will be interesting to see how Russell’s physical style and attitudes play out at Ironton next week. Watching both teams play this weekend, I get the feeling that there’s no way that both teams leave this game with all of their players healthy.
Remember this is a 1A power the devil's beat. Seen Orange hitting the parking lot in droves early
I hope the Heighton young man is all right but congratulations to Russell
scrappy coco Wrote:Remember this is a 1A power the devil's beat. Seen Orange hitting the parking lot in droves early

As opposed to scareview fans who don’t show up to watch an exercise in futility to start with.
Terrible news about Jake hope it’s not to serious and he gets back soon , as for the game , Raceland got pushed around by greenup ( doc said I’m on the sideline I know and hear things you guys don’t this greenuo Line was the best line we have faced in row years ) which was a joke now they get dominated physically by Russell on both sides of the ball physically manhandled I see a theme and it’s not the fact every other team Raceland plays is really physical. They can’t run nor defend the run, the line does not fire off the ball and get a push and that’s Bc they aren’t taught to , Rams might be in for a long season
Did not see this coming or at least not in this fashion
Who played QB when’s heighton went out?
KYHSFB Wrote:Who played QB when’s heighton went out?

#8 Connor Hughes, a Sophomore.
Connor is tough as nails , plays hard just don’t have varsity experience and will have some growing pains if he’s the man for a while
Hats off to Russell played it to perfection pounded on the rams all night prayers for the Russell kid and jake for quick recoveries tough for the rams to have the ball inside the 20 4 times and come away with nothing are run D is very shaky at best but Conley and Anderson is going to do that to many teams tho
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Connor is tough as nails , plays hard just don’t have varsity experience and will have some growing pains if he’s the man for a while

Agreed. I think he has a bright future and alot of potential. Great footwork in the pocket. Just needs reps.
Doc is on the sideline and said not to worry. And Scotty watched the Greenup game film, twice and said not to worry. Guys, I think it's time to take the glasses off and stop drinking the Kool Aid. It's ok to admit it's going to be a rough season.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Doc is on the sideline and said not to worry. And Scotty watched the Greenup game film, twice and said not to worry. Guys, I think it's time to take the glasses off and stop drinking the Kool Aid. It's ok to admit it's going to be a rough season.

We had a good run for a small school and a season like the one we are about to have at least makes the kids realize how hard you gotta work to stay on top! We lack any kind of toughness and you can’t coach that! It’s gotta be in the kids from the start!
Congrats to Russell.
Raceland will be fine. Losses like this can be a blessing this early in the season. Refocus, go back to work. Good coaching staff, tough kids.
Slic Ric Wrote:#8 Connor Hughes, a Sophomore.

That's who I figured, good athlete.
ducky Wrote:Raceland will be fine. Losses like this can be a blessing this early in the season. Refocus, go back to work. Good coaching staff, tough kids.

Getting dominated is a blessing ? No head coach is a bully towards the kids and other coaches he has some good coaches on his staff but during the game he don’t listen just blames it all starts with him and he’s a terrible coach and worse person
I agree I have seen how Coach Sammons works and he has no respect for any of his coaches. The only person he thinks can coach is himself. Raceland has some great kids and deserve to be treated with respect calling another kid a retard is not acceptable at any level. I wish Raceland luck the rest of the season.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Doc is on the sideline and said not to worry. And Scotty watched the Greenup game film, twice and said not to worry. Guys, I think it's time to take the glasses off and stop drinking the Kool Aid. It's ok to admit it's going to be a rough season.

It wasnt the goggles. I've been chastised and cut up for being too critical. But I really thought we were better and greenup was as well. Now I do expect us to improve, but greenup barely beating flemming tells me that Russell is the king of the county this year. How good they end up really being has yet to be seen. I still love and support my Rams with all that I have but I'm realistic.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:It wasnt the goggles. I've been chastised and cut up for being too critical. But I really thought we were better and greenup was as well. Now I do expect us to improve, but greenup barely beating flemming tells me that Russell is the king of the county this year. How good they end up really being has yet to be seen. I still love and support my Rams with all that I have but I'm realistic.

That's the problem with Rivals and that other site. Being realistic and identifying negative traits of the team and or coaching staff is frowned upon.
Ramcat77 Wrote:That's the problem with Rivals and that other site. Being realistic and identifying negative traits of the team and or coaching staff is frowned upon.

When you speak the truth people just can’t handle it!Heres one that will piss people off! You couldn’t pick a all star team between the Russell or Raceland players and win a state championship in class A or class AAA this year! Raceland is really bad and Russell is average at best!
Pages: 1 2