Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 41 Raceland 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RAMDAD50 Wrote:When you speak the truth people just can’t handle it!Heres one that will piss people off! You couldn’t pick a all star team between the Russell or Raceland players and win a state championship in class A or class AAA this year! Raceland is really bad and Russell is average at best!

I find that pretty funny everybody was singing there praises after their scrimmage with Belfry and the grid with Montgomery county but now they’re terrible so what gives in a matter of 3 weeks?
RHS Wrote:I find that pretty funny everybody was singing there praises after their scrimmage with Belfry and the grid with Montgomery county but now they’re terrible so what gives in a matter of 3 weeks?

You can only look through the goggles For so long hahah
RHS Wrote:I find that pretty funny everybody was singing there praises after their scrimmage with Belfry and the grid with Montgomery county but now they’re terrible so what gives in a matter of 3 weeks?

When they were singing their praises, they really were just singing the praises of Heighton to Lewis and Cox. Heighton was 3 for 3 last night in his one drive including a 40 yarder to Lewis. When Heighton got hurt, the game was over. Raceland was forced to play a game dependent on their line and backs and Russell dominated this type of game. If Heighton had played, Raceland would likely have made it a decent game. TJ is a smart coach. I am sure at the top of the board was something like “hit Heighton hard and often”. They did and they won. It’s that simple.
Hopefully he recovers quickly he is a very special talent in multiple sports. I agree he would of made it closer but Russell’s line play was simply dominating
I've not seen a Raceland team get worn put upfront like that in years. Even in the championship game against Beechwood. We have got to toughen up across the board and find some grit in there somewhere. I know these boys can. I know the staff knows enough to adjust. Its just all got to come together. We also desperately need a leader in the locker room.
Hope Raceland QB can make a speedy recovery :worthy:
Great win for Russell and the kids. It’s amazing what using tight ends will do for running offense. Ironton will be true test of how far devils have come in one season. IMO I’d go under center put Anderson at full back and pound with Conley and other members of backfield.
Defensively must give credit where it’s due. The Devils look organized and aware of assignments for the first time in years.
Devils are for the first time since Maynard took over to having true offensive identity. This obviously is because Maynard knew what he was doing was a disaster but better late than never for me. I still stand by my claim zone blocking won’t even compete with fighting tigers. You have to fight guns with guns not sticks. Russell has to go in there and make up there minds we’re running power football along with a few wrinkles with Charlie J. Ironton won’t be expecting Devils to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Defensively Devils must make up their minds this is a new team new attitude and no longer are we gonna get embarrassed in the trenches. Russell has the size, now they need the swagger and attitude to go along with it!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Devils are for the first time since Maynard took over to having true offensive identity. This obviously is because Maynard knew what he was doing was a disaster but better late than never for me. I still stand by my claim zone blocking won’t even compete with fighting tigers. You have to fight guns with guns not sticks. Russell has to go in there and make up there minds we’re running power football along with a few wrinkles with Charlie J. Ironton won’t be expecting Devils to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Defensively Devils must make up their minds this is a new team new attitude and no longer are we gonna get embarrassed in the trenches. Russell has the size, now they need the swagger and attitude to go along with it!

I just used these terms on the Russell-Ironton preview thread without seeing your post. I was impressed with the attitudes of the Russell defense. #20 was taunting Raceland's team from the pre-game warmups on. It looks like they are playing with bad intentions for the first time in many years. Now...can they play like that when they get punched back in the mouth by Ironton? I think so...but we will see.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I just used these terms on the Russell-Ironton preview thread without seeing your post. I was impressed with the attitudes of the Russell defense. #20 was taunting Raceland's team from the pre-game warmups on. It looks like they are playing with bad intentions for the first time in many years. Now...can they play like that when they get punched back in the mouth by Ironton? I think so...but we will see.

Let’s see hmmmm no , your playing Irontons game you taunt them and act a fool it won’t end well for you I promise you that
nekysportsfan Wrote:I just used these terms on the Russell-Ironton preview thread without seeing your post. I was impressed with the attitudes of the Russell defense. #20 was taunting Raceland's team from the pre-game warmups on. It looks like they are playing with bad intentions for the first time in many years. Now...can they play like that when they get punched back in the mouth by Ironton? I think so...but we will see.

FYI..During the week....Raceland kid talking smack and questioning #20’s toughness ....saying he didn’t belong on the same field. How’d that work out for you? Taunting is not #20’s style at all until you disrespect him
M&G Wrote:FYI..During the week....Raceland kid talking smack and questioning #20’s toughness ....saying he didn’t belong on the same field. How’d that work out for you? Taunting is not #20’s style at all until you disrespect him

Ok dad
This game was over a week ago. It's time to move on.
Pages: 1 2