Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New transfer at Sheldon Clark.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hope he gets Eligible
The 57th will be real interesting if he does.
Word is he is eligible and will be playing tomorrow. Can't wait to see what this kid has to offer.
No new players listed on their roster. Maybe he hasn’t been cleared to play today against Hazard.
I hope this kid gets to play this year.
Good to see Sheldon Clark on the good side of a transfer for once
It seems much easier to get a kid eligible, and in a hurry, in far eastern Kentucky than it is in central Kentucky.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:Word is he is eligible and will be playing tomorrow. Can't wait to see what this kid has to offer.

Wrong
CA3 Wrote:I hope this kid gets to play this year.

10 - 4 on that
Ruling on eligibility to be made by KHSAA today at 2:00.
[quote=rojas]It seems much easier to get a kid eligible, and in a hurry, in far eastern Kentucky than it is in central Kentucky.[/QUOTE

Depends on your color
Is he eligible?
What was the ruling?
I'm hearing that he is ineligible.
CA3 Wrote:I hope this kid gets to play this year.

Hard to imagine the team that SC could have had if all these kids that have transferred over the last couple years would have just stayed there. May, Sartin-Sloan, Dingess... may be others I've missed off the top of my head. What a team that would have been with James and the other players SC has currently.

Leads me to wonder what prompts these kids to transfer to begin with, do other schools/coaches make promises or is it just parents getting mad at someone and making the move? Serious question... I just don't understand it.
Creeker Wrote:Hard to imagine the team that SC could have had if all these kids that have transferred over the last couple years would have just stayed there. May, Sartin-Sloan, Dingess... may be others I've missed off the top of my head. What a team that would have been with James and the other players SC has currently.

Leads me to wonder what prompts these kids to transfer to begin with, do other schools/coaches make promises or is it just parents getting mad at someone and making the move? Serious question... I just don't understand it.

The bigger question is why transfer into Martin Co to begin with? Not being critical....but just curious what the driving force was in landing in the county. Virtually all the job opportunities have withered up...unless the opportunities are related to educational jobs
[quote=Creeker]Hard to imagine the team that SC could have had if all these kids that have transferred over the last couple years would have just stayed there. May, Sartin-Sloan, Dingess... may be others I've missed off the top of my head. What a team that would have been with James and the other players SC has currently.

Leads me to wonder what prompts these kids to transfer to begin with, do other schools/coaches make promises or is it just parents getting mad at someone and making the move? Serious question... I just don't understand it.[/QUOTE
Same reason kids left pburg for paintsville. Parents blinded by the city school light
Creeker Wrote:Hard to imagine the team that SC could have had if all these kids that have transferred over the last couple years would have just stayed there. May, Sartin-Sloan, Dingess... may be others I've missed off the top of my head. What a team that would have been with James and the other players SC has currently.

You forgot the Colegrove kid and you are right about a solid team.

The kids from WV come across the Kermit bridge so they can play high school ball while in middle school, I think WV limits them to just 4 years. There have been a couple of great players stay at SC like BJ Moore and Chase Parsley.

Each player that left had their own reasons, some left because their parents couldn’t get along with another parent and the coach hooked their wagon to the wrong horse. Some left so be on a team that might have a better chance to win the region and make it to the Big Show in Lexington. But it was the parents ego in most cases.

Then Wesley and Caleb Hager left when the MC superintendent Steve Meadows tried to screw their dad Shawn Hager. Then MC got a new school board with “Balls” and Meadows got the axe, but not before he screwed everything up including a few teachers while superintendent.

I don’t think it’s coaches recruiting good players but why would they tell them players not to transfer, every coach wants talented players to coach.

The bottom line IMO, it’s the parents.....
Budsqueezer Wrote:Is he eligible?

All this eligibility questions are a joke anyway schools like Cov Cath are magnet schools that can actually get any kid in northern Kentucky u never hear anything about stuff like that play on a total different set of rules
BallFan1952 Wrote:You forgot the Colegrove kid and you are right about a solid team.

The kids from WV come across the Kermit bridge so they can play high school ball while in middle school, I think WV limits them to just 4 years. There have been a couple of great players stay at SC like BJ Moore and Chase Parsley.

Each player that left had their own reasons, some left because their parents couldn’t get along with another parent and the coach hooked their wagon to the wrong horse. Some left so be on a team that might have a better chance to win the region and make it to the Big Show in Lexington. But it was the parents ego in most cases.

Then Wesley and Caleb Hager left when the MC superintendent Steve Meadows tried to screw their dad Shawn Hager. Then MC got a new school board with “Balls” and Meadows got the axe, but not before he screwed everything up including a few teachers while superintendent.

I don’t think it’s coaches recruiting good players but why would they tell them players not to transfer, every coach wants talented players to coach.

The bottom line IMO, it’s the parents.....

Yep... all true, all very, very accurate IMO, but I am fairly certain there are coaches doing some recruiting in the area, maybe not the head coach, but members of said staff...
Everyone has their own reasons for transferring i guess and you are 100% right about it being the parents but I think it’s more them trying to put their kid in a better situation than chasing being a super star, as a parent you have to do what you think is best for your kid
^
I absolutely agree with this. If you are taking your kid elsewhere due to a bad situation at the current school or simply something that just makes more sense for you and your family, then by all means transfer, I'd do the same with my child without question. But to move with thoughts of "making it to the big Show"... not so much. Kids stayed at SC, they'd have a great chance of making it out of region this year and probably the next couple of years.
He’s on the Roster (KHSAA)
There’s no one in Martin Co. that can even pronounce this kids name lol
It’s pronounced “Hey Pal”00
Was told they put him on their roster for post season in case he gets eligible. That tells me they are still working toward eligibility. Who knows, maybe they go the route of a judge's order to let him play.
You would think some clever attorney would contact the NAACP or the ACLU about this case after Big Julian cleared 3 white boys last week in record time, also cleared a player from WV earlier this year in then 15th region even though he didn't last long, and several others players over the years with little more than a wink and nod from the boys in Lexington.

The KHSAA is a joke when it comes to enforcing their rules and bylaws.
BallFan1952 Wrote:You would think some clever attorney would contact the NAACP or the ACLU about this case after Big Julian cleared 3 white boys last week in record time, also cleared a player from WV earlier this year in then 15th region even though he didn't last long, and several others players over the years with little more than a wink and nod from the boys in Lexington.

You have to be one of those school to get away with it.
BallFan1952 Wrote:You would think some clever attorney would contact the NAACP or the ACLU about this case after Big Julian cleared 3 white boys last week in record time, also cleared a player from WV earlier this year in then 15th region even though he didn't last long, and several others players over the years with little more than a wink and nod from the boys in Lexington.

SC’s coaches and parents are fighting so hard to get this kid to play in possibly 1 game just shows they don’t believe in their own kids who has been there the whole year to get the job done , but who would looking at their win/loose record.
^SC has been looking for a point guard / ball handler / floor leader. Chase Parsley was the last one SC had, there has been some try but so far no luck for SC.
Word is the kid came from WV and is living with Coach James in Johnson County, trying to get eligible to play for SC in Martin County... Sounds legit to me. :eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2 3