Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: David Jones resigns at Phelps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
David just posted on Facebook that he has resigned from Phelps. He reshaped the Hornet football program and did a lot with the limited resources he had to really bring football back to that community. Have heard rumors of his next gig but not going to spread that around unless I know it is official.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:David just posted on Facebook that he has resigned from Phelps. He reshaped the Hornet football program and did a lot with the limited resources he had to really bring football back to that community. Have heard rumors of his next gig but not going to spread that around unless I know it is official.

I've heard a certain destination in central KY and if it's right, it's pretty ballsy considering the difficulty of the schedule.
FoSho Wrote:I've heard a certain destination in central KY and if it's right, it's pretty ballsy considering the difficulty of the schedule.

Same
Big loss for Phelps. He did a great job.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Same

I like his mojo. If anyone can make it happen, maybe he can.
Why resign before you have another job landed officially?
Where?
Bourbon county
FoSho Wrote:I like his mojo. If anyone can make it happen, maybe he can.

As it is, he is dealing with Hazard and Pikeville every season. That isn't an easy task either.
Westside Wrote:As it is, he is dealing with Hazard and Pikeville every season. That isn't an easy task either.

Unless his mojo is off the charts, he could possibly go winless in the district for the next four years at Bourbon Co.
Big shoes to fill in Phelps. Tough loss for them.
FoSho Wrote:I've heard a certain destination in central KY and if it's right, it's pretty ballsy considering the difficulty of the schedule.

The man left Belfry's staff to be the head coach at Phelps--ballsy is what he do.

Best of luck to an impressive young coach.
Gitback Coach Wrote:The man left Belfry's staff to be the head coach at Phelps--ballsy is what he do.

Best of luck to an impressive young coach.

I can appreciate that, however, it's an uphill battle in that district and he may improve the program but never Win a district game.
Whose in Bourbon County district?
Tailback44 Wrote:Whose in Bourbon County district?

Anderson Co, Boyle Co and LexCath.
FoSho Wrote:Anderson Co, Boyle Co and LexCath.

Ouch
David just stated in an interview with David & Daryl sports that Bourbon Co is just a rumor and he has had no contact with the school at this time, he left Phelps to further his coaching career and is looking to pursue a job outside the Mountains.
I wonder if he is in the mix for Whitley or middlesboro?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I wonder if he is in the mix for Whitley or middlesboro?

I could not see him fitting in down in Southern Kentucky.

His sweet spot would be somewhere near Lexington where he would still have some of the name recognition from his time at UK.

Jones is really big on getting his players college attention, even if it is from the smaller schools, having closer proximity to the schools around CKY as well as being a short jog from NKY/Cincy and all the schools there.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I wonder if he is in the mix for Whitley or middlesboro?

:dontthink
They said he couldn't win at Phelps either, but he did.
Maybe there is a job that will be available that isn't right now? Hhhmmmm?!?!
Whitley may hire somebody away from a prime spot and open it up.
#55PirateFan Wrote:They said he couldn't win at Phelps either, but he did.

He ain't as good as some of you are pumping him up to be or he would be going to Belfry Smile
E's Army Wrote:Whitley may hire somebody away from a prime spot and open it up.

Whitley needs a Tennessean instead of a West Virginian.
IntheZone Wrote:Bourbon county

Wow.....if that’s the case.....I really feel for him. BC is a dying program. Peewee, MS and HS are all in full freefall.....pure downward spiral. On top of that, Boirbonn is moving into maybe the toughest 4A class top to bottom.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Wow.....if that’s the case.....I really feel for him. BC is a dying program. Peewee, MS and HS are all in full freefall.....pure downward spiral. On top of that, Boirbonn is moving into maybe the toughest 4A class top to bottom.

You ever heard of Phelps?
I think Phelps compared to Bourbon is apples and oranges.
Iam4thecats Wrote:You ever heard of Phelps?

Uh....yeah. Been there many many times. Not saying Bourbon isn’t a step up.....I’m saying why step into a dreadful situation? I believe there are other gigs he could land. Bourbon is a disaster.
He has the job at bourbon co, and to say Phelps is a better job is ridiculous. This is just another step until Belfry comes open.
Pages: 1 2 3 4