Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phase 1 of Pikeville's WC Hambley Football Facility Renovation is Complete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The first phase, the locker/training rooms, of the Hambley Renovation Project has been completed. Three additional phases will follow, including: weight room, VIP/Offices, and the IPF.

Big thank you to all involved in this project. It will be a tremendous asset for the student athletes at PHS!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
^ Whitley County try to outdo this.
That's great! I love this for the kids.
Great stuff Panther Thunder now on to Covington and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Unbelievable facilities for a public high school, can't wait too see the entire new complex once it's completed.
This is most impressive!
Sweet!!! Looks great.
Wow. That is truly amazing, congrats. Can’t wait to see finished product.
I wonder what Upike looks like in comparison to Pikeville's stuff. This is awesome.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I wonder what Upike looks like in comparison to Pikeville's stuff. This is awesome.

I honestly don't think it will touch this or come close.

Although, uPike is known for stealing ideas (and helmet designs)
and that's another story lol. :ChairHit:

So thankful to be a part of this project......it was rather tricky
pulling off 2 months of design work in a 2-week window but
boy it came out great.....seeing the guys reactions last night
was so special. #HailPikeville
MCMiner247 Wrote:I honestly don't think it will touch this or come close.

Although, uPike is known for stealing ideas (and helmet designs)
and that's another story lol. :ChairHit:

So thankful to be a part of this project......it was rather tricky
pulling off 2 months of design work in a 2-week window but
boy it came out great.....seeing the guys reactions last night
was so special. #HailPikeville

You guys did a fantastic job and set the bar for all others. I knew it would be nice but man that place is awesome!!
To see this place after it was completed, I couldn’t help but remember back to when we had to share a Locker Room with the Girls Basketball team. I almost teared up walking in there last night for the first time. Thanks so much to all who were involved in making this happen. Also kudos to whomevers idea it was to name the equipment room for both Junior Williamson and Snab Phillips. Both of those guys have meant so much to this program over the years.
Impressive is all I can say...Wow
Is the new weight room and offices going inside the new building that is currently under construction? Will the old weight room that's connected to the gym be replaced with something else in that location? I remember when it was brand new and everyone loved it and how it looked out over the gym lol.
Those are some amazing facilities for a high school team to call home. I would say this will get the team even more fired up to play at home than what they usually are.
PHSFAN Wrote:Is the new weight room and offices going inside the new building that is currently under construction? Will the old weight room that's connected to the gym be replaced with something else in that location? I remember when it was brand new and everyone loved it and how it looked out over the gym lol.

I remember when it was built, too. It was finished right at the end of my junior year. We were all excited because it had a built in stereo system. LOL! Don’t know this for fact, but I’ve been told that all other PHS sports teams will use the weight room at the gym. The new weight room is the part under construction right now between the indoor facility and old YMCA building on the second floor. The old stairs going up to the pool will go straight from the Locker Room to the new weight room. The coaches offices will be in the old Y building along with a film/conference room.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I remember when it was built, too. It was finished right at the end of my junior year. We were all excited because it had a built in stereo system. LOL! Don’t know this for fact, but I’ve been told that all other PHS sports teams will use the weight room at the gym. The new weight room is the part under construction right now between the indoor facility and old YMCA building on the second floor. The old stairs going up to the pool will go straight from the Locker Room to the new weight room. The coaches offices will be in the old Y building along with a film/conference room.

Sounds great!! Next time I'm in town I'm definitely gonna swing by and check it out.
A whole other level!! Happy for the boys!!
BTW, what will the inside facility include? I thought the new weight room was gonna go where the pool used to be located but are they actually getting a inside practice facility also and that's where that will be located?
PHSFAN Wrote:BTW, what will the inside facility include? I thought the new weight room was gonna go where the pool used to be located but are they actually getting a inside practice facility also and that's where that will be located?
Yes. Getting an actual inside practice facility. That is the building that was put on the pad of the old pool. The weight room is going to be over the top of what was the old pool office and current training room of the locker room. If you remember upstairs, there was a brick wall on the wrap around deck, that was blown out and the weight room is built off that part of the concourse. It will overlook the inside facility, which will be turfed.
PHSForever Wrote:Yes. Getting an actual inside practice facility. That is the building that was put on the pad of the old pool. The weight room is going to be over the top of what was the old pool office and current training room of the locker room. If you remember upstairs, there was a brick wall on the wrap around deck, that was blown out and the weight room is built off that part of the concourse. It will overlook the inside facility, which will be turfed.

Ok thanks i thought they were just getting a new weight room and football offices in that spot and did not realize they were also getting a inside practice facility. That is going to be insane when all completed lol.
The locker room looks fantastic. Definitely first class all the way. The boys cant wait to play home this Saturday Night. It will be electric. Also, THANKS to all who support this team/family/program. The excitement around the program has kept on growing over the last few years, after going undefeated in 2014 regular season, beating Belfry and snapping their win streak. To the 2015 State championship win and Region Championship last year. Looking forward to seeing the finish product
That’s really really nice and all, and great for the kids, but until we have teachers that don’t have to buy their own construction paper and pencils, etc., I can’t get on board with the spending. The teachers, who aren’t generously compensated in the first place, literally have to pay out of pocket for supplies to teach these kids year after year. I mean how much could just 10% of what they are spending on this facility, have done for the teachers and classrooms. But hey, what do I know, right?
VoR_58 Wrote:That’s really really nice and all, and great for the kids, but until we have teachers that don’t have to buy their own construction paper and pencils, etc., I can’t get on board with the spending. The teachers, who aren’t generously compensated in the first place, literally have to pay out of pocket for supplies to teach these kids year after year. I mean how much could just 10% of what they are spending on this facility, have done for the teachers and classrooms. But hey, what do I know, right?

I imagine this was all donated
These facilities are alright.....

And by alright I mean some of the best I have ever seen for a High School program.
KYHSFB Wrote:I imagine this was all donated
Bingo. School paid a part of it, as did city. Rest was all private money. The amount the city and school paid would have been roughly equal to yearly cost anyway. Potentially cheaper. Definitely cheaper in maintenance in long run, with new ventilation, electrical, no pool leaks resulting in $200k per year water losses, etc. not to mention, no more fears of black mold from ceiling from spills, leaks, etc from daycare above it. Long term, saves everyone money and very very blessed to have boosters who were able to help make this happen. Many parents and the players put sweat equity in as well. I get the point that was being made in original comment, and support that. But that poster was off point.
Pages: 1 2 3