Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018-2019 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are the Players to watch?
Who are the Pretenders and the Contenders?
Who will be the movers and shakers? (Coaches&Players moving schools)
Hearing a coach may be heading back Home to Coach. Also that something Big may return to North.
Would be nice to have a little size again for a change at North. We return six of the eight girls that played regularly, so that's a positive, but the two we lose (Sheppard and Lawson) were vital to us, be very hard to replace.
Van Hagar Wrote:Would be nice to have a little size again for a change at North. We return six of the eight girls that played regularly, so that's a positive, but the two we lose (Sheppard and Lawson) were vital to us, be very hard to replace.

The Tower of Terror shall Rule Again. :1:
Whitley will be strong again and North IF they do get the Big addition back, then you have to put them right at the top.

Who is going back home?
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Whitley will be strong again and North IF they do get the Big addition back, then you have to put them right at the top.

Who is going back home?

Rumor has it... As long as Estes is at Whitley there will go No where. If what I have heard turns out to be true North will be loaded!! Dont count out the Boro just yet it is starting to look very Green right now.
1. South Laurel
2. Harlan County
3. Clay County
4. North Laurel
5. Knox Central
6. Whitley County
7. Jackson County
8. Williamsburg
9. Lynn Camp
10. Middlesboro
As far as the girl at North, there is usually a reason someone hasn't played four of the past five years. She would cause problems for a lot of teams but North can't run like they want to, so you add something and take something away.
Don't understand why a coach would leave when they have good players for the next three years (at least) and go to a team that you are rebuilding and may have something in three to four years.
HCS Wrote:As far as the girl at North, there is usually a reason someone hasn't played four of the past five years. She would cause problems for a lot of teams but North can't run like they want to, so you add something and take something away.

Exactly right, even though North lacks size, they still are able to play more to their strengths with the roster as is. It would create an interesting coaching puzzle if Hubbard comes back.
HCS Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. Harlan County
3. Clay County
4. North Laurel
5. Knox Central
6. Whitley County
7. Jackson County
8. Williamsburg
9. Lynn Camp
10. Middlesboro
And this looks dead on too based on who should be back at each school. South with Collett, Steele and Morgan should be on top, Harlan Co. will be better than people think, had a lot of good players besides Green. Clay to me is the team that could really take a step up, everybody back plus hopefully the Asher girl will be healthy. Had a good year this year regardless of the district upset. North may not be quite as good as this year, but will only have one senior, so could be good by tournament time.
Van Hagar Wrote:And this looks dead on too based on who should be back at each school. South with Collett, Steele and Morgan should be on top, Harlan Co. will be better than people think, had a lot of good players besides Green. Clay to me is the team that could really take a step up, everybody back plus hopefully the Asher girl will be healthy. Had a good year this year regardless of the district upset. North may not be quite as good as this year, but will only have one senior, so could be good by tournament time.

I think the 2-4 spots could go in any order. I would have had Clay until the collapse in the district. They haven't improved much but it will be a senior team next season, plus they did have a strong JV group. North, like HCHS, loses two very good starters, but North has some ground to make up, so I give HCHS the edge.
well well well
HCS Wrote:As far as the girl at North, there is usually a reason someone hasn't played four of the past five years. She would cause problems for a lot of teams but North can't run like they want to, so you add something and take something away.

Then don’t run and feed her the ball. I don’t care how many years she played, she is a Huge problem for everyone.
I was very surprised by how well north Laurel did without anything that resembled a post. I doubted them all year because of that and they kept winning. They have built a nice program and have some really nice young kids but I still feel that they have to have a post. So that would be huge if the big did return but I don’t see it. She hasn’t played but one semester since 7th grade. I have heard about two kids looking to transfer to north but they are both guards which is what they already have. Rumors rarely play out too. Also I heard from a good source that UC is trying to get Mahan to come back.

My EARLY rankings
South Laurel
Harlan County
North Laurel
Clay County
Knox central
Jackson county
Whitley county
Williamsburg
Lynn camp
Corbin (maybe not but I can’t leave my team out)
Also heard of a transfer that might be a big pickup for south... not understanding it as it is a PG and no one will be playing pg but Ally. Like I said transfers rarely play out.
Olred Wrote:Also heard of a transfer that might be a big pickup for south... not understanding it as it is a PG and no one will be playing pg but Ally. Like I said transfers rarely play out.

I heard this as well and this could be HUGE for South. It will only take pressure off Collett and be good to get her off the ball some. Give her more freedom.

Walker strikes again, hopefully he can keep this one past July.

:biglmao:
It would be huge SL... they have a big three but not much else so this would be a real difference maker. I love that July comment!
My very early 2018-2019 rankings:

1. South Laurel
2. Clay Co.
3. Harlan Co.
4. North Laurel
5. Knox Central
6. Jackson Co.
7. Whitley Co.
8. Lynn Camp
9. Williamsburg
10. Bell Co.
11. Middlesboro
12. Corbin
13. Pineville
14. Harlan
15. Barbourville
16. Red Bird
17. OBI
1. South Laurel
2. North Laurel
3. Clay Co.
4. Jackson Co.
5. Whitley Co.
6. Harlan Co.
7. Knox Central
8. Middlesboro
9. Lynn Camp
10. Bell Co.
11. Williamsburg
12. Corbin
13. Pineville
14. Harlan
15. Barbourville
16. Red Bird
17. OBI
Rumor has it... Look for something to happen at Clay. Some are hoping for a new Coach. If what I am hearing comes true, all I can say is WOW!!
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor has it... Look for something to happen at Clay. Some are hoping for a new Coach. If what I am hearing comes true, all I can say is WOW!!
i am hearing same thing not good if true
ky playmaker Wrote:i am hearing same thing not good if true

Could be good for one school.
Since I have been back to Ky one thing has always remained the same.... Clay will have more drama than days of our lives and always still be good.
Olred Wrote:Since I have been back to Ky one thing has always remained the same.... Clay will have more drama than days of our lives and always still be good.

Because that the norm in clay co, its just drama to the rest of the world.:flame:
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor has it... As long as Estes is at Whitley there will go No where. If what I have heard turns out to be true North will be loaded!! Dont count out the Boro just yet it is starting to look very Green right now.
green is not going back to the boro
ky playmaker Wrote:green is not going back to the boro

Never say Never. Never thought Dinky would leave B'ville.
:turnbad:
hchs fan Wrote:well well well

That's a Deep and Dangerous subject.

TongueirateSho
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. North Laurel
3. Clay Co.
4. Jackson Co.
5. Whitley Co.
6. Harlan Co.
7. Knox Central
8. Middlesboro
9. Lynn Camp
10. Bell Co.
11. Williamsburg
12. Corbin
13. Pineville
14. Harlan
15. Barbourville
16. Red Bird
17. OBI
Doesn’t Lynn Camp lose their leading scorer? Without her they couldn’t win
Olred Wrote:I was very surprised by how well north Laurel did without anything that resembled a post. I doubted them all year because of that and they kept winning. They have built a nice program and have some really nice young kids but I still feel that they have to have a post. So that would be huge if the big did return but I don’t see it. She hasn’t played but one semester since 7th grade. I have heard about two kids looking to transfer to north but they are both guards which is what they already have. Rumors rarely play out too. Also I heard from a good source that UC is trying to get Mahan to come back.

My EARLY rankings
South Laurel
Harlan County
North Laurel
Clay County
Knox central
Jackson county
Whitley county
Williamsburg
Lynn camp
Corbin (maybe not but I can’t leave my team out)
Corbin may be a sleeper team. Young group of girls. Medlin girl can shoot the 3,big girl inside,Stewart girl that was limited with a broken hand or dis location of hand or finger. If Wilson can teach and run a offense they may surprise some people. I’d still put North on top. Young girls their are players. Sizemore, Collett,Valentine. They will be good for years to come
Pages: 1 2 3