Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018-2019 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Superfly Wrote:Corbin may be a sleeper team. Young group of girls. Medlin girl can shoot the 3,big girl inside,Stewart girl that was limited with a broken hand or dis location of hand or finger. If Wilson can teach and run a offense they may surprise some people. I’d still put North on top. Young girls their are players. Sizemore, Collett,Valentine. They will be good for years to come
Corbin seems to have some talent, but the issue is that they don’t have a coach that can teach the game. 3 years as head coach and still has less than 15 wins. Corbin better go back after Jennifer Parson or will still be in the bottom of region. Research yourself.
I think Harlan Co. Will have a down year adjusting to life without Green and Gross. But they still have a few seniors coming up so I'm thinking it will be a tough road, but with Coach Green we all know she isn't going to play a cupcake schedule she will take her team against the toughest in the state.
HC’s 2018 / 2019 schedule is on KHSAA. The play South Laurel & North Laurel both on the road while hosting Clay Co. They have a challenging schedule.
Whitley County is going to disappoint a lot of you Smile
South Laurel and Harlan County are not playing during the regular season...
Harlan County is playing in the Ted Cook Classic at South Laurel but not against South Laurel...
When you open up the schedule, it doesn’t really say who is playing who.
Harlan County has played a lot of big games last couple of years. This will prepare those kids to step up. Didn't have Gross the majority of last year so there will be no adjustment there. Can't replace kids like her and Green. Good coaching will make them competitive. South is the favorite until proven otherwise. Corbin is in a long rebuilding process. Years without a middle school program have set them back to ground zero.
I'm going to say this is my top 10

1. South Laure.
2. Harlan County
3. Knox Central
4. Clay County
5. North Laurel
6. Jackson County
7. Whitley County
8. Corbin
9. Lynn Camp
10. Williamsburg
This is South Laurel year going to the state, Marked it down wouldn’t be surprise if they aren’t a top ten pre-season team. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:This is South Laurel year going to the state, Marked it down wouldn’t be surprise if they aren’t a top ten pre-season team. Confusederiously:
South's loaded. That's for sure.
ProudPanther Wrote:I'm going to say this is my top 10

1. South Laure.
2. Harlan County
3. Knox Central
4. Clay County
5. North Laurel
6. Jackson County
7. Whitley County
8. Corbin
9. Lynn Camp
10. Williamsburg

Knox really came on last year and played very hard. I could see them as high as 5th.
1. South Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Harlan County
4. Knox Central
5. North Laurel
6. Whitley County
7. Jackson County
8. Williamsburg
9. Lynn Camp
10. Bell County
I wouldn't fault anyone for not having Knox Central as high as 3, but I think they will surprise. We have maybe the best young player in Region and a lot to go with her.

Teams that will start and finish high:
South
North
Clay

Teams that you can mark with a bullet:
Knox Central
Jackson County
Lynn Camp

Teams that will take a tumble
Bell County
Whitley County

Teams that will be on the outside looking in again:
Corbin
Williamsburg
Barbourville
North and Clay look a lot deeper than Knox to me from what I saw in the summer, but Knox surprised me last year.
ProudPanther Wrote:I wouldn't fault anyone for not having Knox Central as high as 3, but I think they will surprise. We have maybe the best young player in Region and a lot to go with her.

Teams that will start and finish high:
South
North
Clay

Teams that you can mark with a bullet:
Knox Central
Jackson County
Lynn Camp

Teams that will take a tumble
Bell County
Whitley County

Teams that will be on the outside looking in again:
Corbin
Williamsburg
Barbourville

Best prediction I’ve seen yet.
My guess is Whitley will be better than all three teams with a bullet.
My yearly stab at it...
1. South Laurel (most talented by far-time will tell just how good though)

2. Harlan County (the press is very important this year)
3. Clay County (I do have my doubts but Asher being back and getting more shots will help)
4. North Laurel (lost 2 important players)

5. Knox Central (will keep getting better but was under .500 last year)
6. Whitley (good young kids and by the end of the year will be good)
7. Corbin (probably to high but I keep hoping)
8. Williamsburg (Hall and Abbott will make them compete)
9. Jackson County (has the talent but I will have to see it before I move them up)
10. Lynn Camp (I never doubt jones and he has a lot of seniors)
1. South Laurel (Hands down best team in the region, not even close. Most likely top ten team in the state.)
2. Harlan County (Will struggle compared to the past but still will be good.)
3. Clay County (Mathis and the style they play make them a scary matchup for anyone.)
4. Knox Central (Partin and the transfer from Barbourville will put the Panthers on the map this year.)
5. North Laurel (Return some good players but will missing graduating seniors alot.)
6. Jackson County (Great young talent that will make some noise in the region)
7. Whitley County (I think they will struggle this year but will still be talented.)
8. Lynn Camp (Returns everyone and adding Grant back makes them the best class A team in the region.)
9. Williamsburg (Hall and supporting cast will compete... Sleeper pick for that district runner up.)
10. Corbin (Will struggle but still will be better than the rest.)
Olred Wrote:My yearly stab at it...
1. South Laurel (most talented by far-time will tell just how good though)

2. Harlan County (the press is very important this year)
3. Clay County (I do have my doubts but Asher being back and getting more shots will help)
4. North Laurel (lost 2 important players)

5. Knox Central (will keep getting better but was under .500 last year)
6. Whitley (good young kids and by the end of the year will be good)
7. Corbin (probably to high but I keep hoping)
8. Williamsburg (Hall and Abbott will make them compete)
9. Jackson County (has the talent but I will have to see it before I move them up)
10. Lynn Camp (I never doubt jones and he has a lot of seniors)

Corbin needs to get more girls out playing basketball. They have been losing some of the best athletes over the last 10 years to soccer, volleyball, etc. for various reasons before they make it to high school. The coaches need to share better.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Never say Never. Never thought Dinky would leave B'ville.
:turnbad:

Dink didn’t leave,he was forced out. I saw Knox play a couple times last year, they’ve either had 3 move in or the region is weak as water, if they are a top 5 team
Not giving up my hand, But I bet a team not mentioned in anyone's top 10 will make a lot of noise this season! :flame:
Better not overlook Jackson County!! They will be coming back with all players and some really good young talent and size.
Jackson County Lady Generals has a new coach?
Looks like Jackson County Lady Generals have a new coach?
Rumors that McDaniel has left Harlan County and was spotted at South Laurel
If McDaniel is at South that will load them up even more, they are already the heavy favorites. Is Hall from Perry Central still at South or did she go back to Perry?
If McDaniels is at South Laurel then it may be too much talent.....if she AND Perry’s Hall are there. Now, I’m still going to say they are #1. But, I’m looking for Clay with Asher back to be a contender. That is with mcDaniels at Harlan or not. In my opinion.
Mcdaniels moved to Hawaii I hear
Yes McDaniel’s moved back to Hawaii
South's big 3 make them the prohibitive favorite.
Pages: 1 2 3