Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018-19 13th Region Teams/Players to watch for
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who ya got?
South Laurel will be loaded next year Confusederiously:
South Laurel-JJ Ramey and Matthew Comer. Some kids coming up from JV that I’ve been keeping an eye on.
Corbin-Chase Sanders and I like Matthew Taylor.

I think it’s South and Corbin (again) next year
Corbin and South. Also, Clay had a roster of mostly freshmen and sophomores that gained a lot of experience this season. Will all of them still be Tigers next season? I still see Clay being at least another year away, regardless.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:South Laurel-JJ Ramey and Matthew Comer. Some kids coming up from JV that I’ve been keeping an eye on.
Corbin-Chase Sanders and I like Matthew Taylor.

I think it’s South and Corbin (again) next year

#2 Norvell for South is going to be a nice player. About 6'4 now and a sophomore. Very good shooter. Hostettler of the bench is a sophomore as well. The sophomore class has several kids that will step in and help. Also have heard that Dalton will be back with the team next season. Very athletic 6'3 guy who will be a senior next season. Corbin will be strong again as usual. Knox should be also.
Not that it means anything for future success, but South JV team went 23-4 on the season.
I'm starting with Knox at No. 1 with four starters coming back. I'd have South second and Corbin third.
South- Ramey/Cromer
Knox- Returns 4 starters and reserves Adams/Imel/Tay Turner/Martin/Patterson/Elliot/Javonte Turner will be a sophomore and back healthy.
Clay- Curry/Robinson/Farmer
Corbin- Sanders/Taylor/Wine/Barton
HCS Wrote:I'm starting with Knox at No. 1 with four starters coming back. I'd have South second and Corbin third.

South/Knox would be my top 2 for sure.
Allcity33 Wrote:South- Ramey/Cromer
Knox- Returns 4 staters and reserves Adams/Imel/Tay Turner/Martin/Patterson/Elliot/Javonte Turner will be a sophomore and back healthy.
Clay- Curry/Robinson/Farmer
Corbin- Sanders/Taylor/Wine/Barton

I see several transfers on this list. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I see several transfers on this list. :popcorn:

Wouldn’t doubt it
50th district should be entertaining. Mboro,Harlan,Bell return everyone basically while HC loses 4 starters. Looks like S. Laurel will be preseason #1 in region.
Knox baby.

Yep.

You are alright (for a Corbin fan).

But in all seriousness, I see what are probably at least a couple too.
Unless Clay makes some changes.......they won't be a contender for the district title....let alone the regional title......Also if they don't make changes......I could see some of those names listed not suiting up for the black and gold next year....which could makes things really interesting.
1.) South Laurel: Ramey and Cromer.
2) Knox Central: they return a lot of players.
3.) Corbin: they return Sanders, Maguet, and Matthew Taylor. Taylor played well in the region title game.
Since Harlan County, North Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Jackson County all lose several good seniors I would put Clay 4th just because they return so many players from this year, but it’s just a mess over in Manchester right now. Of course these rankings will probably change after this summer’s free agency period...
My Bobcats should have a whole mess of good players next year with Partin, S Brock, T Brock, Lambdin, and Collett. And a bunch of good young'uns. But we sure fell apart at the end of the year. We got some guys that can jump, shoot, and play. We just need to get them to do it together. The talent is there.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:1.) South Laurel: Ramey and Cromer.
2) Knox Central: they return a lot of players.
3.) Corbin: they return Sanders, Maguet, and Matthew Taylor. Taylor played well in the region title game.
Since Harlan County, North Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Jackson County all lose several good seniors I would put Clay 4th just because they return so many players from this year, but it’s just a mess over in Manchester right now. Of course these rankings will probably change after this summer’s free agency period...

Summer ball will be key, how mature and talented a couple of Whitley's incoming freshmen will help them as they could be the sleeper team next year, a few talented kids returning also with one who should be a top 3 player in region next year. Looking forward watching our freshmen this summer compete. Hopefully a couple of kids that will be seniors next year will return to the hardwood also and if that happens Whitley should definitely be a contender.
ArJay Wrote:My Bobcats should have a whole mess of good players next year with Partin, S Brock, T Brock, Lambdin, and Collett. And a bunch of good young'uns. But we sure fell apart at the end of the year. We got some guys that can jump, shoot, and play. We just need to get them to do it together. The talent is there.

I agree, get straightened out and Bell County will be a top 5 team next season.
The 52nd district will be interesting. Harlan County has won district the last few years, but they lose a couple of talented seniors. I’m not sure what the young players coming up are like for them, but I’m sure Michael Jones will have them in contention. Bell County returns a lot, Harlan Independent only loses two players, and Middlesboro only loses two.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Summer ball will be key, how mature and talented a couple of Whitley's incoming freshmen will help them as they could be the sleeper team next year, a few talented kids returning also with one who should be a top 3 player in region next year. Looking forward watching our freshmen this summer compete. Hopefully a couple of kids that will be seniors next year will return to the hardwood also and if that happens Whitley should definitely be a contender.

Who will be the coach?
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:The 52nd district will be interesting. Harlan County has won district the last few years, but they lose a couple of talented seniors. I’m not sure what the young players coming up are like for them, but I’m sure Michael Jones will have them in contention. Bell County returns a lot, Harlan Independent only loses two players, and Middlesboro only loses two.

Jones is my cousin.

Sounds like a ton of movement coming. Lot of chatter of players moving schools.

Players from Knox to Corbin, Jackson Co to North, Clay Co to North, Whitley Co to Corbin, Corbin to Lynn Camp, Corbin to South, South to Corbin, Knox to Lynn Camp!

Let Free Agency begin!
:devilflam
pjdoug Wrote:Who will be the coach?

I guess wait and see all I know is that some talent is on the way. 6-8 grades had some nice players this year.
pjdoug Wrote:Jones is my cousin.

He’s a fantastic coach just like his father.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Summer ball will be key, how mature and talented a couple of Whitley's incoming freshmen will help them as they could be the sleeper team next year, a few talented kids returning also with one who should be a top 3 player in region next year. Looking forward watching our freshmen this summer compete. Hopefully a couple of kids that will be seniors next year will return to the hardwood also and if that happens Whitley should definitely be a contender.

Top 3? I can't see that.
Johnson is the only Whitley player listed on the top 20 listed picked by the coaches.
I'd imagine the top 10 will include Ramey, Martin, Adams, Cromer, Pace, Ledford, Imel, Curry...
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Sounds like a ton of movement coming. Lot of chatter of players moving schools.

Players from Knox to Corbin, Jackson Co to North, Clay Co to North, Whitley Co to Corbin, Corbin to Lynn Camp, Corbin to South, South to Corbin, Knox to Lynn Camp!

Let Free Agency begin!
:devilflam

I'm hearing from my KC connections that there may be a couple from KC to Bville next year.:popcorn: I do know of one middle school kid coming to Corbin from a surrounding school next year unless something drastic changes where he's currently at.
Some guys who could have breakout seasons in 2018-19

Cole Kelley
Taylor Spurlock
Trey Brock
Sean Phipps
Hunter Hollingsworth
Tyler Partin
Jordan Akal
Drake Thomas
While I think south will be a very good team next year, I think losing Anders will be huge for them. It’s hard to replace his defense and ability to handle the ball. When he fouled out in OT, south’s offense went stagnant. He was a matchup problem because he was so long you couldn’t guard him with a small guard, but he was also quick so you couldn’t guard him with a forward.
HCS Wrote:Top 3? I can't see that.
Johnson is the only Whitley player listed on the top 20 listed picked by the coaches.
I'd imagine the top 10 will include Ramey, Martin, Adams, Cromer, Pace, Ledford, Imel, Curry...

Believe he’s talking about Hollingsworth. He’s a nice player, don’t know if I’d say top 3. I believe Adams will have a breakout year next season.
I haven't seen Adam Sizemore mentioned. He returns for North doesn't he? If he does he has to be a top player even though North may not be at the top. IMO
Pages: 1 2 3