Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018-19 13th Region Teams/Players to watch for
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CoachWMills Wrote:Dinky with unlimited resources is a dangerous thing for the 13th Region. I have heard that they are making him an offer that would be hard to turn down.

Knox needs to hire Dinky, he would end the drought.
Dinky has had chances, I'm sure, to go to bigger schools before. I think there's a reason why he has stayed with Class A schools for over 30 years. I guess it's possible, but I'd be surprised.
HCS Wrote:Dinky has had chances, I'm sure, to go to bigger schools before. I think there's a reason why he has stayed with Class A schools for over 30 years. I guess it's possible, but I'd be surprised.

What would be those reason? Are you saying he can't handle the expectation of winning and rather be the spoiler and overachieve?
Rumor has it... Dinky will be wearing Gold next year! Still waiting on what color the trim will be.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:What would be those reason? Are you saying he can't handle the expectation of winning and rather be the spoiler and overachieve?

I think only Dinky would know that. It's pretty clear he prefers smaller schools though - 30-plus years of proof.
Rumor has it... Glenn Gray has informed the board that he will step down and be an assistant coach only if they hire Dinky. Super is on his way to see Dinky with keys and contract in hand.
ah hard to believe this going be anxious and surprising to see what happens and what comes about with this
hchs fan Wrote:ah hard to believe this going be anxious and surprising to see what happens and what comes about with this

It don't think its hard to be anxious or believe.

:thatsfunn
Rumor has it... Corbin will be getting two additions. One is very big around 6'10 and the other is a combo player. He will play a combo of WR and Forward for the Hounds.
Changes or no changes in Clay doesn’t matter. They are not that good , there is potential there but it’s not what people think it is. Glory days are over I don’t care who coaches them, too many outside influences that think their little Johnny is the next LeBron or Richie. Clay has one player that has potential to be a star rest of them are average at best role players. Truth is the truth
I agree. They could have down better though.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Knox needs to hire Dinky, he would end the drought.

You have swallowed more than a whistle. He hasn’t won anything. All A games. Red bird pineville Berea. And he never will. 30 years and nothing to show for it but all A wins. The great ones play great teams and win consistently and he wont play even the good teams and when he does he loses.
Are Dinkys family or owe him money.
Leader Wrote:Are Dinkys family or owe him money.

Dinky has done more with less than most coaches have with all the talent.

Your statement is :lame:
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Dinky has done more with less than most coaches have with all the talent.

Your statement is :lame:

This is true. He’s done more than Centrals current coach has. But according to leaders “wait til next year” we might as well give it to central. Heck they don’t even need a coach from the sound of it. Dinky is a great coach. I would love to see what the man could accomplish with some talent. However I don’t think I’ll ever see the day though.
Hound05 Wrote:This is true. He’s done more than Centrals current coach has. But according to leaders “wait til next year” we might as well give it to central. Heck they don’t even need a coach from the sound of it. Dinky is a great coach. I would love to see what the man could accomplish with some talent. However I don’t think I’ll ever see the day though.
3 or 4 years ago Dinky took a very young Markelle Turner and a Barbourville team and beat a Knox Central team that was the most talented team in the 13th region for the 51th district championship. Dinky has been by far the best coach at any Knox County school for countless years.
Harlan County might not be the lead mule in our district this year or the first time in a long time! I'm sure they will be good. But the other schools are catching up and got a lot of young'uns coming back. I don't know what happened at my Bobcats at the end of the year, but they should be hard to deal with when the balls start bouncing next year.
jamesdeane Wrote:3 or 4 years ago Dinky took a very young Markelle Turner and a Barbourville team and beat a Knox Central team that was the most talented team in the 13th region for the 51th district championship. Dinky has been by far the best coach at any Knox County school for countless years.

Agree!!! He was always competitive in the 13th region when he was at B'ville. Almost any coach can win with talent. It takes a good coach to win consistently without it.
Dinky is a good coach, but you haven't followed 13th Region basketball if you think he hasn't had talent. He used to get quite a few from Knox.
I think Bell's district will be better this year. We return nearly everything. I think Middlesboro and Harlan do too. I'm not sure what Harlan County has coming back. Bell has some high fliers next year. Nobody will outjump us Smile
Pages: 1 2 3