Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Patriot1 Wrote:I have never seen a bear afraid of a moth man
I think it’s because bears can’t fly. Lol
I keep seeing a lot of accolades for players that havent proven themselves yet. I think the talent is there, its just gonna depend on these guys staying focused and developing their talent. We certainly are set up to make deep runs into the post season.
Hambley Wrote:I keep seeing a lot of accolades for players that havent proven themselves yet. I think the talent is there, its just gonna depend on these guys staying focused and developing their talent. We certainly are set up to make deep runs into the post season.

Have to agree they have talent but as you said they have to prove it every time on the field. They showed some of their talent last year in some spots but it takes 4 quarters every game and ever play to get to where they want to be. Can they I really think they can but it’s totally up to them. Can’t wait for the season to start and see what happens and as always go Panthers!!!
Talk to a guy today that helps with the Pike County bowl stuff he told me next year in Pike County Bowl Pikeville was going to play Mingo Central don’t know if it’s true but that’s what he told me. Go PANTHERS!!!
Hambley Wrote:I keep seeing a lot of accolades for players that havent proven themselves yet. I think the talent is there, its just gonna depend on these guys staying focused and developing their talent. We certainly are set up to make deep runs into the post season.

They proved themselves to everyone last year. They just have to work hard, keep improving and get to the next level.
Last season, the Panthers showed flashes of greater things to come. Imo, they proved they can take that next step, and I think we'll see it this season. As we've all said however, there's a lot of work ahead that needs to be done.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Last season, the Panthers showed flashes of greater things to come. Imo, they proved they can take that next step, and I think we'll see it this season. As we've all said however, there's a lot of work ahead that needs to be done.

There is one thing I can say that I believe to be the truth, that they improved more than any team I saw last year from the first of the season to the end of the season (not that I seen all teams but what I seen). I hope they improve from last year and ever game this year and if they do great things can and will happen and as always go Panthers!!!
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]

Not bull butter, it's a fact!!!
KCD was down 14-7 at half, and was very much in the game up until the 4th quarter.
The best team from the East was run out of the stadium by Beechwood. Raceland had a whopping 27 yards of offense, and just 3 at half time. You can tell yourself all you want about how much tougher the big, bad East was, but facts are facts. I know you can't compare scores, I'm going by the eyeball test. I saw every top team from the East, and KCD was better than all of them. They had more balance on offense, and far more team speed than the teams from the East. So I will say it again, KCD was the 2nd best team in 1A, the next best 4 were from the East.
On another note, I didn't hear too many teams from the East begging to be in the West when Mayfield was in 1A. The balance of power is cyclical, from 2007-2014, Beechwood, Mayfield, and to a lesser extent, Frankfort were usually 3 of the top 5 teams in 1A. 6 of the 8 titles in that time frame were won by the West.
it is a fact that is a bunch of malarkey.
Happy 4 to all and football season is getting closer. Watched the fireworks last night at Coalrun and the first thing that came to my mind where the Panthers running on the field. Even told my son the same thing. Hopefully they have an injury free year and me personally believe the sky is the limit. If they put in the work and have it in their heart great things can happen for this team but it’s on them not some old man like me chatting on rivals and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
pjdoug Wrote:[quote=KentuckyHillBilly5321]
it is a fact that is a bunch of malarkey.

Keep telling yourself that!!
Like I said, I'm done hijacking the Pikeville thread. Best of luck to the teams from the East. We will see you in Lexington in week 15. May all teams stay healthy and the best team be left standing.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]

Keep telling yourself that!!
Like I said, I'm done hijacking the Pikeville thread. Best of luck to the teams from the East. We will see you in Lexington in week 15. May all teams stay healthy and the best team be left standing.

Your ok KentuckyHillBilly you can come to Pikeville thread any time you want, always enjoy a good debate we might not agree all the time but that’s ok,too. Enjoy a good debate now and then but I bet no Panthers fan doesn’t. Good luck to your Beechwood team this year and hope we do meet in Lexington but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Panthers had a good show today in the UPike 7 on 7 finished runner up to Spring Valley out of West Virginia wasn’t there but read it on Twitter. Maybe Jett or PHS forever was there could tell us alittle more about it but as always go PANTHERS!!!
Saw on twitter former East Ridge HC Brad Allen has joined the Pikeville staff. Good get.:Thumbs:
[quote=jetpilot]Saw on twitter former East Ridge HC Brad Allen has joined the Pikeville staff. Good get.:Thumbs:[/QU

Good to know this. Brad knows football, and has coaching experience to contribute to this program. All the more for this season's Panther team.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:[quote=jetpilot]Saw on twitter former East Ridge HC Brad Allen has joined the Pikeville staff. Good get.:Thumbs:[/QU

Good to know this. Brad knows football, and has coaching experience to contribute to this program. All the more for this season's Panther team.

Yelp, good hire. I may have already said this in this thread, to lazy to go back an look, but I predict the Pikeville Panthers to be the 2018 1A Champs. Not only do I think they win this year but I think they'll pull a back to back. I believe their just that talented. And I know I've already said this, but if my Belfry Pirates dont bring their "A" game against the Panthers the next couple of years we'll lose, plain and simple. Pikeville fans should be very excited for the next couple of football seasons. And as always, this Pirate will be cheering them on except for that one game! Good Luck Panthers hope you guys have a great injury free season(s).
#55PirateFan Wrote:[quote=PHS DYNASTY]

Yelp, good hire. I may have already said this in this thread, to lazy to go back an look, but I predict the Pikeville Panthers to be the 2018 1A Champs. Not only do I think they win this year but I think they'll pull a back to back. I believe their just that talented. And I know I've already said this, but if my Belfry Pirates dont bring their "A" game against the Panthers the next couple of years we'll lose, plain and simple. Pikeville fans should be very excited for the next couple of football seasons. And as always, this Pirate will be cheering them on except for that one game! Good Luck Panthers hope you guys have a great injury free season(s).

Yep. agree 55. This Panther fan is real excited about the upcoming football season, and on down the line. Will be cheering on the Pirates, except for that one game this season. Good luck, and wishing the Pirates a successful and injury free season.
Way too early to start making predictions for state finals. BUT, I like what I see of these Panthers, and Coach Allen is a BIG get. He’s not the only new face on the sidelines though. Mac has done a real good job of surrounding himself with topflight talent on the sidelines and in the booth, to complement the talent on the field. One game at a time, and as long as these boys have each other’s backs through the tough stretch of the season, they’ll be just fine. Schedule is finalized, and looks like this:

8/17 @Covington Holy Cross
8/25 Pike County Bowl vs Lexington Christian Academy (Home)
8/31 OPEN
9/7 Paintsville (Home)
9/14 Belfry (Home)
9/21 @Point Pleasant, WV
9/28 Hazard (Home)
10/5 OPEN
10/12 @phelps
10/19 @Grundy
10/26 Tolsia (Home)

All game times are 7:30 pm except the Pike county Bowl which is 8:15 pm.
Nine game regular season stretch looks very competitive, preparing for the playoffs. What do we have, thirty four days til kickoff for our Panthers ? August 17th will be here before we know it. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those special seasons. GO PANTHERS !!!
jetpilot Wrote:Saw on twitter former East Ridge HC Brad Allen has joined the Pikeville staff. Good get.:Thumbs:

Good hire...any kids from East Ridge possibly following their former coach to Pikeville this summer?
PHSFAN Wrote:Good hire...any kids from East Ridge possibly following their former coach to Pikeville this summer?
None that I’m aware of.
Man, I’m liking this team. Can’t wait for the season to get started.
PHSForever Wrote:Man, I’m liking this team. Can’t wait for the season to get started.

I like you PHSForever can’t wait for it to start and love this team. I think the key to this team is going to be defensively. I have watch last years games I don’t know how many times and even at the end of the season in some of those games they still made the wrong reads on plays and didn’t wrap up on tackles and left their feet instead of going threw the runner. Now in saying that as a unit they probably improved over the year more than the offense did in my opinion. Also the coaching staff made a lot of personal changes on that side too. They could definitely be a force to deal with this year and have talent everywhere. Could be a great year for Pikeville football but like I have said before it’s on them and me as a Panthers fan have great confidence in them. They have a tuff schedule in front of them and a lot of work to do so with that said as usual GO PANTHERS!!!
How many does Pikeville have out?:Cheerlead
jetpilot Wrote:How many does Pikeville have out?:Cheerlead
55 last I heard.
Patriot1 Wrote:I like you PHSForever can’t wait for it to start and love this team. I think the key to this team is going to be defensively. I have watch last years games I don’t know how many times and even at the end of the season in some of those games they still made the wrong reads on plays and didn’t wrap up on tackles and left their feet instead of going threw the runner. Now in saying that as a unit they probably improved over the year more than the offense did in my opinion. Also the coaching staff made a lot of personal changes on that side too. They could definitely be a force to deal with this year and have talent everywhere. Could be a great year for Pikeville football but like I have said before it’s on them and me as a Panthers fan have great confidence in them. They have a tuff schedule in front of them and a lot of work to do so with that said as usual GO PANTHERS!!!
Completely agree. Angles of attack on tackles could have been better in a lot of cases. Just gotta focus on wrapping up and driving to the ground. Will help a lot if they can get in a position where not everyone is playing both ways. That will help from a stamina and freshness standpoint, especially on the lines. I really like what the line coaches seem to be doing though. Tons of fundamental focus and technique. That can only help in the long run. And the skills are looking tremendous, will start to really speed up when the pads go on and we start to see separation.
PHSForever Wrote:55 last I heard.

Awesome. 55 on Pikeville's roster is scary good.:yikes:
jetpilot Wrote:Awesome. 55 on Pikeville's roster is scary good.:yikes:

Been a long time since we've seen that many on the Panther's roster. That number may not represent the players that may still be on vacation, and others that could be transferring in, waiting to be cleared. Three new faces, that I know of should be cleared by now.
Patriot1 Wrote:Panthers had a good show today in the UPike 7 on 7 finished runner up to Spring Valley out of West Virginia wasn’t there but read it on Twitter. Maybe Jett or PHS forever was there could tell us alittle more about it but as always go PANTHERS!!!

Spring Valley is one of the larger schools in WV. Equivalent to KY. class 4-A . Sounds like the Panthers held their own against a school of this caliber. Only 25 days til kickoff for the Panthers. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!
I have really enjoyed the 100 yard walks with the Panthers and more to come.Heard they head to Richmond for a 7 on 7 Tuesday we love to go watch but can’t have another commitment. Have heard they are really looking good in what practices they have had plus the 7 on 7 Jet mention. Going to be a exciting year and as always GG PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I have really enjoyed the 100 yard walks with the Panthers and more to come.Heard they head to Richmond for a 7 on 7 Tuesday we love to go watch but can’t have another commitment. Have heard they are really looking good in what practices they have had plus the 7 on 7 Jet mention. Going to be a exciting year and as always GG PANTHERS!!!
Those 100 Yard walk interviews have been fantastic! Good luck to the Panthers at the 7 on 7!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12