Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Backing my Panthers all season long from right here in Middle Tn.TongueirateSho
I'm near East Tennessee. Go Panthers :Clap:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm near East Tennessee. Go Panthers :Clap:

Ha ha ! Long distance Panthers, we are pjdoug.Confusedinglepar
Patriot1 Wrote:The Panthers look good tonight held Shelby Valley to 30 some yards in 40 plays but they didn’t have their good running back it was out with an injury. Offense did some good things ran the ball well and threw some passes and scored twice. For the first scrimmage they did alright. A hard hitting first scrimmage from both teams. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
I counted 5 total scores tonight from Pikeville, Patriot. Valley didn’t cross the 36 yard line on varsity, their JV came close to scoring. I thought overall the Panther D looked stiff and I’m not sure Valleys good RB would have made a HUGE difference. But at this point in the season, everyone’s D is ahead of their O. Valley will get better, not worth them risking Johnson potentially worsening his injury for a scrimmage. These things are like a graduate version of 7-7 as far as I’m concerned. Give coaches a chance to get people reps at game speed. I saw good on both sides. Go Panthers!
PHSForever Wrote:I counted 5 total scores tonight from Pikeville, Patriot. Valley didn’t cross the 36 yard line on varsity, their JV came close to scoring. I thought overall the Panther D looked stiff and I’m not sure Valleys good RB would have made a HUGE difference. But at this point in the season, everyone’s D is ahead of their O. Valley will get better, not worth them risking Johnson potentially worsening his injury for a scrimmage. These things are like a graduate version of 7-7 as far as I’m concerned. Give coaches a chance to get people reps at game speed. I saw good on both sides. Go Panthers!

I agree the defense look good and also seen some of the players that didn’t play last year do some good things which will really help. Especially for those bigs in the trenches. Friday it’s going to be about the same format except I heard the are going to have quarters with 1st Downs which should show alittle more. Personally I don’t think they stopped Pikeville any they just ran out of plays but we will see alittle more Friday and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I agree the defense look good and also seen some of the players that didn’t play last year do some good things which will really help. Especially for those bigs in the trenches. Friday it’s going to be about the same format except I heard the are going to have quarters with 1st Downs which should show alittle more. Personally I don’t think they stopped Pikeville any they just ran out of plays but we will see alittle more Friday and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Totally agree. Definitely didn't really stop the Panthers. Just ran out of plays in the 10-10 format. Saw why Connor Roberts was so excited about the WR squad too. And like you said, those bugs in the trenches mostly gave Roberts a very clean pocket to work with! The depth is a huge plus, keeping all those guys fresh through the games and season. Lawrence County should be a better gauge for us if they use the quarter format too.
Patriot1 Wrote:The Panthers look good tonight held Shelby Valley to 30 some yards in 40 plays but they didn’t have their good running back it was out with an injury. Offense did some good things ran the ball well and threw some passes and scored twice. For the first scrimmage they did alright. A hard hitting first scrimmage from both teams. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Jackson Hensley didn’t play for Pikeville either though. As good as Valleys back is, doubt he would’ve had many holes to run through last night...
Did Pikeville pick up a 10th game?
jetpilot Wrote:Did Pikeville pick up a 10th game?
Not that I'm aware of. You hearing differently, JP?
PHSForever Wrote:Not that I'm aware of. You hearing differently, JP?

A buddy of mine said a buddy of his told him he was told by someone in the program they scheduled another team from N Ky. So it's either 3rd or 4th hand lol.
Thanks guys for the scrimmage update. Would love to have seen it, though neither coaching staff is going to tip their hand showing much of their playbook in a scrimmage, still it's good for the fans and the players every year at this time to see a prelude to the season. Sure hope Jackson Hensley is ok as well as all Panthers.
Just what you would have expected PHSD. Valley running 98% of time time going nowhere and Pikeville going up and down the field...hope SV running back who didn't play is ok.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Thanks guys for the scrimmage update. Would love to have seen it, though neither coaching staff is going to tip their hand showing much of their playbook in a scrimmage, still it's good for the fans and the players every year at this time to see a prelude to the season. Sure hope Jackson Hensley is ok as well as all Panthers.
Jackson is fine. He had baseball this summer, where he performed outstandingly. Now, he's dialed in for football, and will be just fine and up to speed as soon as he can be. In his absence, Watkins, Pugh, Billiter, etc haven't skipped a beat. This WR core is going to be a handful to handle, which only opens the playbook up even more for the run game. And the length and speed at the DB positions? Lawwwd, child as my granny used to say.
jetpilot Wrote:Just what you would have expected PHSD. Valley running 98% of time time going nowhere and Pikeville going up and down the field...hope SV running back who didn't play is ok.
Also want to say hope the Valley lineman who went down with the injury is okay as well!! Prayers out for the kid.
jetpilot Wrote:A buddy of mine said a buddy of his told him he was told by someone in the program they scheduled another team from N Ky. So it's either 3rd or 4th hand lol.
Well that team, if it's true, better be coming here this year.
PHSForever Wrote:Well that team, if it's true, better be coming here this year.

My buddy said 2nd N Ky trip.:popcorn:
You must have been watching JV! I’m pretty sure Pikeville O scored at least 5 times. I think they had 4-5 scores passing and maybe 1 rushing. SV had one first down
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Jackson Hensley didn’t play for Pikeville either though. As good as Valleys back is, doubt he would’ve had many holes to run through last night...

I talk to him before the game and he really wanted to play. He will be ready come Friday does anyone know the time of the scrimmage at Lawrence County?

I don’t think so if they did they are keeping it hush up
It would be a running clock but I wish Pikeville could get Valley and/or Central on the regular season schedule most years.

Always fun playing your cross town rivals in every sport.
4everUK Wrote:You must have been watching JV! I’m pretty sure Pikeville O scored at least 5 times. I think they had 4-5 scores passing and maybe 1 rushing. SV had one first down

They may have I didn’t really count I was there until the JV started playing then I left but I wasn’t worried to much about the scoring more interested in the lineman on both sides of the ball and the new guys working into the lineup and if they could contribute. They did a good job when they were in there so that will definitely help. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:My buddy said 2nd N Ky trip.:popcorn:

Walton Verona is what I was just told don’t know if it’s true or when but if I find out I will let you know. If you find out anything let me know

That may be true Jet I just look up Walton Verona schedule and they were supposed to play Trimble County and they aren’t having a team this year. The game was scheduled for Oct 5 and Pikeville has a open date that week. So we will have to wait and see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:That may be true Jet I just look up Walton Verona schedule and they were supposed to play Trimble County and they aren’t having a team this year. The game was scheduled for Oct 5 and Pikeville has a open date that week. So we will have to wait and see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Walton-Verona is supposed to be a pretty good 2A team this season. I think they would be a great addition to the Panthers schedule whether it's a road game or home game.

I hope this game materializes, it would be a great test for both teams before the playoffs start.
PHSFAN Wrote:Walton-Verona is supposed to be a pretty good 2A team this season. I think they would be a great addition to the Panthers schedule whether it's a road game or home game.

I hope this game materializes, it would be a great test for both teams before the playoffs start.

I hope it works out,too. They are a good team and definitely a challenge for Pikeville. We will just have to wait and see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I hope it works out,too. They are a good team and definitely a challenge for Pikeville. We will just have to wait and see but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I think Trimble Co is trying to field a team after all so could be waiting to see if that happens. Just a guess.
Just heard directly from Coach Mac. We were in talks with Walton-Verona but couldn’t come to an agreement with them.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Just heard directly from Coach Mac. We were in talks with Walton-Verona but couldn’t come to an agreement with them.

Wished it would have worked out, loved to had that 10th game but it is what it is
I'm just excited for ya'll to see this locker-room we've been working on....
my goodness! There will be NO high school in Kentucky with anything close.
Very thankful to be involved!!
MCMiner247 Wrote:I'm just excited for ya'll to see this locker-room we've been working on....

You’d be hard pressed to find many small college programs with nicer locker rooms....GREAT JOB!
MCMiner247 Wrote:I'm just excited for ya'll to see this locker-room we've been working on....
Heard a lot of good things about it. Program and staff seems really pumped over it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12