Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kansas 88 Kentucky 76 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If TH32 see's your avatar Devils Win..You will be his favorite person, lol!
DevilsWin Wrote:Let's see, Only one team left on that list still playing basketball. If I'm Patterson, I'm sayin' Florida.
He's not form Ky
Ky Sucks right now
Florida is kicking butt in the NCAA and defending their 2006 crown.

What kind of spell are you under?Cool

Your wrong there is two teams. WVU is still playing.
Batpuff Wrote:Your wrong there is two teams. WVU is still playing.
Yeah in the 2007 Tournament Of Loosers. LOL
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If TH32 see's your avatar Devils Win..You will be his favorite person, lol!
He must have good taste in coaches.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Have you heard of a team called FLORIDA who returned 5 starters off of a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM? I think I would call that the most talented team in the tourney..But that is just me though... I disagree with your ENTIRE POST..EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FROM THE FIRST TO THE LAST SENTENCE!!!

You know the beauty of the whole situation Playboy, you CAN disagree Big Grin
alfus21 Wrote:Those are actually only listed that way for alphabetical purposes I believe. But his final 2 choices are Florida and Kentucky.
they was interviewing him on wsaz this evening said he would narrow down to 3 choices this week
corndog23 Wrote:You are wrong.

Anyway, about the game, Kansas is the most talented team in the country and they SHOULD win the tournament. UK put up a good effort i nthe first half, but when Morris went out with 3 fouls, game over. Great effort by Bobby Perry, kudos to the senior. Cant wait til next year when we sign up these two Mickey D's All Americans BECAUSE Tubby Smith is the coach, and we make a run to the final four! GO CATS!
do you honestly believe they will make a run to the final four ? they wont even win the sec next year
The Fan Wrote:they was interviewing him on wsaz this evening said he would narrow down to 3 choices this week

It's well known throughout most of the recruiting writers that he is between Duke and UK.

The Fan Wrote:do you honestly believe they will make a run to the final four ? they wont even win the sec next year

The SEC will be weaker next season. UK has a great chance to win it.
alfus21 Wrote:It's well known throughout most of the recruiting writers that he is between Duke and UK..
i just know what he said on tv
The Fan Wrote:i just know what he said on tv

Yeah I know he's been saying that but he said that he would narrow it to three about 2 months ago. Now it's time to do it. I don't know what the 3rd school would be but I can say with confidence that he will be at Florida or UK. UNLESS Tubby and Donovan both go elsewhere then it gets interesting.
North Carolina. Kansas. Florida. Consider their
talent level...their athleticism...the mobility of
their "bigs"... Yesterday, Billy Packer said
that, other than Morris, Kentucky had a
"talent gap" at every position on the floor...
at UK, a coach cannot let that happen...I
don't care what color that coach is or how
nice of a guy that coach is...those points
are not relevant.
DevilsWin Wrote:Yeah in the 2007 Tournament Of Loosers. LOL

Maybe but there still playing and were not.
Another miserable ending to yet another miserable season of UK Basketball.

I thought Tubby said that we would not have another season like we did last year.

Look at this:

1. Second straight year as a #8 seed.
2. Second straight year we get ousted by a #1 seed.

Here's the new records:

3. 6th straight loss to Florida
4. 4th straight loss to Vanderbilt
5. 4th place in the SEC East

Tubby has accomplished alot at UK......sinking our program into the bowels of the SEC.

Way to go Tubby !!!
go luck to all SEC teams.
Kentucky played well in the 1st half. 2nd half, Tubby decided to play a little full court press. That was a wonderful idea. He hasn't really pressed all year, but decides to against the fastest team in the NCAA. Not a smart idea. You want to make a team play your tempo, not try to match your opponents tempo and that's what Tubby did wrong. Had it not been for that, and Morris getting in foul trouble, UK woulda made it a little more interesting. I'm not saying they would have won, but woulda been closer I would imagine.

As far as Patterson goes, if he goes to Florida then I see him getting more PT than at UK. Florida will lose all of their big men to the draft this year opening up a starting job for Patterson off the bat. But one thing Patterson might see is that Florida will have a down year due to the draft. I see them being the Villanova next year. Still having a decent team, but not a team to contend for the title. That could bring more interest to UK since UK is returning all of their "key" players. Personally, I'd like to see Morris on one block and Patterson on the other. Call them the twin towers. 2 awesome big men would be hard for anyone to stop.
Patterson's a Gator...hide and watch
yeah we had a chance to win. but in the 2nd half tubby finally finished his hot dog so he started coachin after that.
DevilsWin Wrote:Let's see, Only one team left on that list still playing basketball. If I'm Patterson, I'm sayin' Florida.
He's not form Ky
Ky Sucks right now
Florida is kicking butt in the NCAA and defending their 2006 crown.

What kind of spell are you under?Cool
HOW IS FLORIDA KICKING BUTT???? THEY WAS DOWN THE WHOLE GAME TO A PURDUE TEAM....THEN ONLY WON BY 7 POINTS....YES I SEE FLORIDA REACHIN THE CHAMPIONSHP GAME BUT I DONT SEE THEM WINNING IT RIGHT NOW....THEY HAVE THE TALENT BUT EVERYONE HAS THERE OFF GAMES LIKE WISCONSIN DID YESTERDAY
14thregionallstate Wrote:HOW IS FLORIDA KICKING BUTT???? THEY WAS DOWN THE WHOLE GAME TO A PURDUE TEAM....THEN ONLY WON BY 7 POINTS....YES I SEE FLORIDA REACHIN THE CHAMPIONSHP GAME BUT I DONT SEE THEM WINNING IT RIGHT NOW....THEY HAVE THE TALENT BUT EVERYONE HAS THERE OFF GAMES LIKE WISCONSIN DID YESTERDAY
They beat a Purdue team that would have beat UK by 15 or more.
DevilsWin Wrote:They beat a Purdue team that would have beat UK by 15 or more.
And you know this how? Purdue would not be a bad matchup for UK. They are for Florida. Florida struggles if you can slow the tempo on them. UK would exploit the same matchup inside with morris that Florida did with Horford. The slower tempo would also work in UKs favor where it frustrated the Gators. Purdue may very well have beat UK if they would have played. No shame in that. They are a good team.
Kansas is a matchup nightmare for anybody. They were my pick to win the tournament and that hasn't changed. To many weapons and by far the fastest team in college basketball.
In today's college game, if you are not an aggressive
recruiter, your program will slip. Elite programs
don't depend on projects to make major contributions.
OTS is a decent human being and a good basketball
coach. That is not the issue. The issue is a MAJOR
and GROWING talent gap between UK and the elite
programs, where we used to be.
FBALL Wrote:And you know this how?

Well, I looked into my crystal ball of course. Smile
Yea UK has had 2 disappointing seasons and now everyone has turned against UK. ESPN announcers even said that Tubby has had an excellent career. Yea I am mad UK has been having some rough times, but If Morris is back and we get Patterson and Lucas, I think UK will be the top of the SEC once again.
DevilsWin Wrote:Well, I looked into my crystal ball of course. Smile
I've got some Windex if you want it.Big Grin
FBALL Wrote:Kansas is a matchup nightmare for anybody. They were my pick to win the tournament and that hasn't changed. To many weapons and by far the fastest team in college basketball.

i wanted to take kansas but theyve killed me in the last couple of tournaments. i had em in the fianl 4 last year!!!
bizmark Wrote:i wanted to take kansas but theyve killed me in the last couple of tournaments. i had em in the fianl 4 last year!!!
I've got them cutting down the nets. I think they are the best team in the country.

My bracket was looking really good until Texas went down yesterday.
i wasnt doin great but i had a chance. i also took a hit with texas, had em playin for the title. kevin durant might be comin back next year the way he was talkin after the game. now thats a ball player, best in college basketball in my opinion
bizmark Wrote:i wasnt doin great but i had a chance. i also took a hit with texas, had em playin for the title. kevin durant might be comin back next year the way he was talkin after the game. now thats a ball player, best in college basketball in my opinion
Without a doubt Durant was the best in college basketball this year. I doubt he will be back.
i t would be surprising to see him stay after the year he had this year. but that being said, after the loss to usc he said that he wasnt going to settle for a second round loss and he wanted to win a national title. i geuss im just bein optomistic cause i love to see great players stick around and not go pro.
Pages: 1 2 3