Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Gonna go out on a limb and say Corbin 24-7.
HOFER Wrote:With two teams this good it could go either way. The Boyle fans over on max preps are already preparing the victory parade. I don't see a blowout either way. Either team could win on any given night. I think this is definitely the game to watch out of all the finals.

I wouldn't be preparing the victory parade just yet, I'd be preparing my team for a war. Both have an equal shot. But if I'm a Corbin fan I would feel optimistic about my chances. I agree what others have said about Etown being underrated, they where very good. I'm not sure its quite as good as Corbins win over Central. Comparing scores don't mean crap, but since some are doing it thought I'd add 1 noone has mentioned unless I missed it. Mayfield lost to Corbin, but beat CAL, who beat Elizabethtown much more convincingly than Boyle did. I could easily talk myself out of using that score comparison based on what I know about those paticular matchup.
Well, 2 weeks ago, we were hearing how we didn't play anyone all year. Hearing how OC was going to give us a war. A week ago, we were hearing how Wright and the boys were gonna run all over us and we couldn't win. Now it's the Ads. Well, I'm glad we play them on the field and not the message boards. That's the way I feel.
Sorry for that fellas, posted that in the wrong thread.
HOFER Wrote:With two teams this good it could go either way. The Boyle fans over on max preps are already preparing the victory parade. I don't see a blowout either way. Either team could win on any given night. I think this is definitely the game to watch out of all the finals.

I didn't know that max preps had a site for fans. I'd love to go over and check it out. Got a link to this?
I would hope the goal for the fans and players is a victory parade.
Rebel55 Wrote:I didn't know that max preps had a site for fans. I'd love to go over and check it out. Got a link to this?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I didn't know Max preps had a forum that's a new one on me I visit the site quite frequently and have never seen it.
smoke1015 Wrote:I agree with you, but you did not play Central in the regular season... The others for sure.

I have picked Corbin and will stick with that. If Boyle does somehow end up being faster than Central (I know Boyle has great track speed)...But if Boyle proves to have a true match at receiver for Central's best kid, this game will be a nail biter. I am of the mind, right now, to think that Central's WR's are a bit more versatile. But one of the main strengths of Corbin is their secondary, and Central had one kid they simply couldn't defend at times. Does Boyle truly have that. I know what the numbers say. I know that you had some of the top receivers in 3A. Guess what?! Casey county had THE top receiver in 3A as far as numbers. Corbin played him pretty well. Central had a receiver even faster who ran routes just as well, and Corbin did struggle with him. Now to see if Boyle's kids are for real against this type of defense. They have played a team as good (maybe) as Corbin this yea, Danville, and lost. In my opinion Corbin just defeated a team that maybe they weren't supposed to beat. This and the 2A game are my picks for the 2 best games in the finals

Boyle co may be better than central, they may be worse, we will never really know. But one thing I think that I know, there is no way in gods green earth that they are faster than central. They may have a kid here or there, but overall, NO way! That teams skills positions, every one of them could fly. But as we found out last week, it’ll take more than speed anyways. I don’t think Boyle’s lead WR will win them the game. If they do win, it’ll have to be a combination, kind of like central tried. Although they were very predictable. The good thing for us is our defense backs and coverage. If anything, the game against central gave us a leg up on that aspect of it, because I don’t think we’ll see better WR’s than they had overall.

Another thing that will benefit us, that no one has talked about, is close game- battling it out- experience. We’ve now had 4 games that have been down to the wire, where one play could change everything. And so far, for the most part the Hounds have met the challenge. I believe that experience- gained from playing mayfield, Alcoa, beechwood- helped us against central. It should also give us the benefit if it’s close against Boyle. Which I’d say is a good possibility. You can’t really practice those situations, and the experience gained from it for us is invaluable.
Good luck on the hunt for 4
A WR is not going to win the game for either side by himself it will definitely be a combination and will come down to the amount of turnovers and execution. Should be a great game and I still think it’s going to be a defensive battle but after taking a peek at the weather it could be a different story if it’s in the rain.
blackandgold4life Wrote:The reason your receiver was number 1 in 3A is because Boyle didn’t have to throw the ball to the Smith kid as often or he more than likely would have owned that spot. Look at the amount of receptions. Not saying that being ranked number one in that category has any bearing but Boyle does have very good receivers. Last night the QB struggled a little to get the ball to them he made some bad throws but that is part of the game.

Bad throws? The kid is a baller that has lead Boyle this season like a senior. I saw where he has a 69% completion percentage and only 3 INT. Some of his throws Friday night were "off" but in the spot they needed to be as to avoid a pick if not caught. Also saw where he and a few of his teammates made an All-State Team for the 2020 class.

Boyle is in very good hands for the foreseeable future at the QB position.
Somethings that hasn't been mentioned and questions I have:

The game this Friday is on turf. Corbin play on turf much throughout the season? Pretty sure Boyle played most of the season on turf and with their speed, it could be a problem for Corbin to adjust. I'm a track guy and I know Boyle has several kids that could take it to the house. Something tells me they'll have plenty of opportunity.

2020 Landon Bartelson won the state 100 meter dash (10.9) last year and is 6-1 185lbs. He was offered by UofL last week as a RB. 2020 Reese Smith S/WR runs a 4.6 40 and will be the best football player in the game.

Boyle has a transfer from Corbin this year that I hear is pumped to be playing his old team.

Both teams are going to hit and hit hard. The biggest difference between Etown and Corbin is the speed of the LB. Etown was very impressive with their ability to avoid the size of Boyle in the trenches and make plays against the running game. They were small and fast. There is no question that Corbin is a better matchup for Boyle.

Curious about Corbins kicking game? Do they kick into the endzone? Boyle does not.

Boyle Dline is massive and very active. They had a suspension for the Etown game that will return this Friday vs Corbin. Hatter 2019? He will make a huge difference in containing and pressuring the QB. Trust me when I tell you he can run down the backfield of Corbin.

And before any of you thin skinned Corbin fans get your panties in a bunch, this is observation. I'm asking for input and discussion.
Close game Boyle 27 Corbin 24
FoSho Wrote:Somethings that hasn't been mentioned and questions I have:

The game this Friday is on turf. Corbin play on turf much throughout the season? Pretty sure Boyle played most of the season on turf and with their speed, it could be a problem for Corbin to adjust. I'm a track guy and I know Boyle has several kids that could take it to the house. Something tells me they'll have plenty of opportunity.

2020 Landon Bartelson won the state 100 meter dash (10.9) last year and is 6-1 185lbs. He was offered by UofL last week as a RB. 2020 Reese Smith S/WR runs a 4.6 40 and will be the best football player in the game.

Boyle has a transfer from Corbin this year that I hear is pumped to be playing his old team.

Both teams are going to hit and hit hard. The biggest difference between Etown and Corbin is the speed of the LB. Etown was very impressive with their ability to avoid the size of Boyle in the trenches and make plays against the running game. They were small and fast. There is no question that Corbin is a better matchup for Boyle.

Curious about Corbins kicking game? Do they kick into the endzone? Boyle does not.

Boyle Dline is massive and very active. They had a suspension for the Etown game that will return this Friday vs Corbin. Hatter 2019? He will make a huge difference in containing and pressuring the QB. Trust me when I tell you he can run down the backfield of Corbin.

And before any of you thin skinned Corbin fans get your panties in a bunch, this is observation. I'm asking for input and discussion.

As a fellow Boyle fan you got a way of asking for input, and I'm sure you'll get it from the hound fans. It's going to be good reading this week and I think I'll just set back and enjoy.
Corbin has played against speed in a lot of games this season and will be ready for it. 2 Great High School Coaching Staff's ( I will give Corbin the + ) 2 Really good High School QB's ( I will give Corbin the +) 2 really good Def.'s ( Tie ) Should be a good game. Corbin 21- 14 and State Champs #6. Good Luck !!!!
Cellking Wrote:Corbin has played against speed in a lot of games this season and will be ready for it. 2 Great High School Coaching Staff's ( I will give Corbin the + ) 2 Really good High School QB's ( I will give Corbin the +) 2 really good Def.'s ( Tie ) Should be a good game. Corbin 21- 14 and State Champs #6. Good Luck !!!!

The core of Boyle's coaching staff is 7-1 in state title games, how many state titles does Corbin's staff have? I think I would give Boyle the edge in coaching staffs.
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle co may be better than central, they may be worse, we will never really know. But one thing I think that I know, there is no way in gods green earth that they are faster than central. They may have a kid here or there, but overall, NO way! That teams skills positions, every one of them could fly. But as we found out last week, it’ll take more than speed anyways. I don’t think Boyle’s lead WR will win them the game. If they do win, it’ll have to be a combination, kind of like central tried. Although they were very predictable. The good thing for us is our defense backs and coverage. If anything, the game against central gave us a leg up on that aspect of it, because I don’t think we’ll see better WR’s than they had overall.

Another thing that will benefit us, that no one has talked about, is close game- battling it out- experience. We’ve now had 4 games that have been down to the wire, where one play could change everything. And so far, for the most part the Hounds have met the challenge. I believe that experience- gained from playing mayfield, Alcoa, beechwood- helped us against central. It should also give us the benefit if it’s close against Boyle. Which I’d say is a good possibility. You can’t really practice those situations, and the experience gained from it for us is invaluable.

Corbin has not faced a balanced offense like they will see Friday. Although I fully believe Corbin will have some success on D there is no comparison to the offenses of Central and Boyle on an execution, skill or coaching level.
Cellking Wrote:Corbin has played against speed in a lot of games this season and will be ready for it. 2 Great High School Coaching Staff's ( I will give Corbin the + ) 2 Really good High School QB's ( I will give Corbin the +) 2 really good Def.'s ( Tie ) Should be a good game. Corbin 21- 14 and State Champs #6. Good Luck !!!!

Coaching is Boyle. HOF headcoach with 5 titles and a staff with many more. Enough said.

The rest will play itself out.
Jack Lambert Wrote:As a fellow Boyle fan you got a way of asking for input, and I'm sure you'll get it from the hound fans. It's going to be good reading this week and I think I'll just set back and enjoy.

I meant no offense. Hoping for some feedback without too much smack. If you read my post, it's fact and questions with a little bit of favoritism. lol

Nothing more than any fans do.
This will be the best game of the finals. Can't wait to watch this one.
I am not going to pick a score on this one but I am going with the REDHOUNDS OF CORBIN,why. Because I hate them and want them to have to live with winning the state championship all year,haha. Go HOUNDS from an old Belfry PIRATE
It will be a great game. But Im leaning toward the Redhounds to pull out a close one.
Boyle County 27
Corbin 21

I really think this will be the most competitive game of the finals. Really looking forward to watching. Best of luck to both teams!
The Corbin fans have been awful quite this morning must be at church.
FoSho Wrote:Corbin has not faced a balanced offense like they will see Friday. Although I fully believe Corbin will have some success on D there is no comparison to the offenses of Central and Boyle on an execution, skill or coaching level.
:eyeroll: or to Alcoa, Beechwood, or Mayfield.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The Corbin fans have been awful quite this morning must be at church.
Nah just not up for much smack talk, from your previous post I’d say we can both agree this is gonna be a really good game and has the potential to come down to who has the ball at the end. Both our teams have played a good competitive schedule and there’s a reason we’ll be playing Friday night, no reason to get on here and tryin diminish what each teams accomplished. Safe travels and hopefully no one gets hurt. I’ll save my luck wishing for when your not playing the Hounds
chs crazy Wrote:Nah just not up for much smack talk, from your previous post I’d say we can both agree this is gonna be a really good game and has the potential to come down to who has the ball at the end. Both our teams have played a good competitive schedule and there’s a reason we’ll be playing Friday night, no reason to get on here and tryin diminish what each teams accomplished. Safe travels and hopefully no one gets hurt. I’ll save my luck wishing for when your not playing the Hounds

Very well said, couldn't agree more.
chs crazy Wrote:Nah just not up for much smack talk, from your previous post I’d say we can both agree this is gonna be a really good game and has the potential to come down to who has the ball at the end. Both our teams have played a good competitive schedule and there’s a reason we’ll be playing Friday night, no reason to get on here and tryin diminish what each teams accomplished. Safe travels and hopefully no one gets hurt. I’ll save my luck wishing for when your not playing the Hounds

Great post.

I was asking some legit questions and honestly wasn't trying to start anything. In rereading my previous post I can see now that it could go down a road that I really don't wanna go down either. I apologize to anyone that was offended.

We are all excited and on edge a little about the game. If anyone wants to answer the legit questions I asked that's cool. I will not respond to trash talk nor will I start any.

Safe travels to everyone coming to Lexington, I look for this to be a great atmosphere.

Go Rebels!
FoSho Wrote:Corbin has not faced a balanced offense like they will see Friday. Although I fully believe Corbin will have some success on D there is no comparison to the offenses of Central and Boyle on an execution, skill or coaching level.

Hahahah...... oh you are serious? Well.... I’d say Boyle has a good offense. But I doubt they have a better O than Alcoa, mayfield, or beechwood. That’s not a shot. It’s just a reality. There defense is probably better. But offense, no. I’d say they best offense we’ve played was one of those 3 and maybe central.

As far as speed from your OP. I don’t even wanna talk about it anymore. It’s not a track meet. And there is no way overall you are faster than central/Alcoa. So that is the least of our worries. Good luck
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16