Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Axel Foley Wrote:I believe the Rebels take it 22-20.

If the Rebs do take it I think it’ll be by a lower scoring game, just because of our solid defense. I also think a close game is advantage US. The experience we’ve had in winning them this year would pay of on our end IMO.
Hound05 Wrote:If the Rebs do take it I think it’ll be by a lower scoring game, just because of our solid defense. I also think a close game is advantage US. The experience we’ve had in winning them this year would pay of on our end IMO.

To piggy back on that, I think it's clear that Corbin has played a better schedule than Boyle.

Corbin

Whitley County 7-5
Alcoa TN 14-1 (?)
Pulaski 4-7
Beechwood 11-2
Mayfield 13-1
McCreary Central 2-7
Jackson County 2-9
Bell 7-5
Casey 10-2
Knox Central 7-5
Knott Central 5-6
Powell 8-5
Central 11-3

Boyle
John Hardin 5-6
Waggener 5-7
Danville 14-0
Wayne County 12-2
Collins 11-3
North Hardin 3-8
Garrard 4-8
Lex Cath 7-6
Western Hills 8-4
Mercer 7-6
West Carter 5-6
Elizabethtown 12-2

Boyle has played 7 teams with winning records.

Corbin has played 9 teams with winning records.

Advantage Hounds. :Thumbs:
Alcoa has 2 losses so they are probably 12-2. Think they are in state championship this weekend.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Alcoa has 2 losses so they are probably 12-2. Think they are in state championship this weekend.

I was guessing. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I was guessing. :Thumbs:

Alcoa is very easy to guess. The Corbin loss this year is not a normality. Most years you can almost bank on them finishing 14-1 state champs with a close loss to Maryville.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Alcoa is very easy to guess. The Corbin loss this year is not a normality. Most years you can almost bank on them finishing 14-1 state champs with a close loss to Maryville.

I would love to see this matchup continue. Only helps us and them.
I will go with BCHS 24 - CHS 10. A complete guess. I do remember the 1st year BC was in the 3A Final against the Rock and everyone was claiming the Rock would "crush" BC. not the way I remembered it...
Lake Trash Wrote:I will go with BCHS 24 - CHS 10. A complete guess. I do remember the 1st year BC was in the 3A Final against the Rock and everyone was claiming the Rock would "crush" BC. not the way I remembered it...

Not talking trash. But I doubt you’ll remember this one the way you’ve predicted. This team has had a loss with that margin in years except belfry. This boyle co team is good- so is corbin- but neither is last years belfry team!
Hound05 Wrote:Not talking trash. But I doubt you’ll remember this one the way you’ve predicted. This team has had a loss with that margin in years except belfry. This boyle co team is good- so is corbin- but neither is last years belfry team!
And this would be why they are played on the field. Let's just see who is ordering up crow Saturday morning for breakfast.
I'll just leave this here...

Aug 18, 01 Washington County at Danville (W) 48 - 0 Bob Allen Pigskin Classic
Aug 24, 01 South Laurel home (W) 54 - 0
Aug 31, 01 Breathitt County away (W) 47 - 6 Kentucky River Medical Center Honey Bowl
Sep 7, 01 Lincoln County home (W) 51 - 0 Renfro Valley Jamboree Bowl
Sep 14, 01 Estill County away (W) 55 - 0
Sep 28, 01 Knott County Central home (W) 79 - 7
Oct 5, 01 Perry County Central away (W) 76 - 0
Oct 12, 01 Knox Central home (W) 60 - 0
Oct 19, 01 Cawood home (W) 56 - 0
Oct 26, 01 Bell County away (W) 34 - 2
Nov 2, 01 Greenup County at Rockcastle Co. (W) 55 - 0 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 9, 01 Ashland Blazer home (W) 29 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 16, 01 Bell County home (W) 28 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 24, 01 Covington Catholic away (W) 17 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Dec 1, 01 Boyle County at Ky. Fair & Expo Center Cardinal Stadium (L) 14 - 49 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA State Championship

There fans were quite confident this year too. Not that it means anything, but I see some similarities and some that are not so similar. Really just going with my gut.
Same score as Central!!

21/20 Houndettes!!
Anyone have word on ticket sales, how many have sold?
Are their specific lots to park in for the respective teams? Im sure there will be some crossover, but will there be a general lot where most of the fans from Corbin will park?
CS17 Wrote:Are their specific lots to park in for the respective teams? Im sure there will be some crossover, but will there be a general lot where most of the fans from Corbin will park?
BC is in the North (Green) Lot. I would then assume Corbin would be in the South (Blue) Lot.
CS17 Wrote:Are their specific lots to park in for the respective teams? Im sure there will be some crossover, but will there be a general lot where most of the fans from Corbin will park?

CS17. I think we’ll be setting up in the blue lot. Still not quiet sure on the time yet. The redhound walk is at 5 I think so it’ll be way before that.
Hound05 Wrote:CS17. I think we’ll be setting up in the blue lot. Still not quiet sure on the time yet. The redhound walk is at 5 I think so it’ll be way before that.

Sounds good, Ill be getting into town around 3:30-4 time frame!
Hound05 Wrote:CS17. I think we’ll be setting up in the blue lot. Still not quiet sure on the time yet. The redhound walk is at 5 I think so it’ll be way before that.
Parking Lots are supposed to be available 2 hours before the game time.
Lake Trash Wrote:Parking Lots are supposed to be available 2 hours before the game time.

I don't know the intention of your post, but there is a game before the 3A which means the lost will open around noon on friday.
CS17 Wrote:I don't know the intention of your post, but there is a game before the 3A which means the lost will open around noon on friday.
My intentions? Perhaps I was trying to save you the trouble of showing up and not being allowed entry? I mean your parking pass is your ticket. There is a chance they could tell you that your game doesn't start until 7:00 PM. On the other hand... ah never mind. Have at it! They are clearing the stadium between games.
Lake Trash Wrote:Parking Lots are supposed to be available 2 hours before the game time.

Not our game. The lot will be open way before 5PM. Maybe the first game it’s like that, I don’t know??
Hound05 Wrote:Not talking trash. But I doubt you’ll remember this one the way you’ve predicted. This team has had a loss with that margin in years except belfry. This boyle co team is good- so is corbin- but neither is last years belfry team!

Don't know the definition of years in this but 2015 seems about right.

Two years ago.

20-0 vs Danville
28-14 vs. Mayfield
36-0 vs. Knox Central

So it would be two years.
Lake Trash Wrote:My intentions? Perhaps I was trying to save you the trouble of showing up and not being allowed entry? I mean your parking pass is your ticket. There is a chance they could tell you that your game doesn't start until 7:00 PM. On the other hand... ah never mind. Have at it! They are clearing the stadium between games.
The STADIUM, yes.
Good luck on your hunt for 4 I am really being sincere
STIFFY Wrote:Good luck on your hunt for 4 I am really being sincere

Thanks but that hunt ended in 1980. Sorry to break the news to ya man, I know you have a stiffy for trolling the Hounds.
One more Day!!! Let the chips fall where they may! Good luck to the #HaddixHounds and I hope it’s a good/injury free game!
STIFFY Wrote:Good luck on your hunt for 4 I am really being sincere

:lame: If your really this bored I’m sure there’s a busy street around close for you to go play in.
I don’t think any of these Corbin or Boyle fans will sleep tonight but gook luck Redhounds from an old Belfry Pirate. Bring that trophy back to Corbin and pray for injury free game for both teams.
chs crazy Wrote::lame: If your really this bored I’m sure there’s a busy street around close for you to go play in.
When I start feeling a little down, I just get back up listening to Greg Taylor's speech on the Corbin/Central highlight videoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Patriot1 Wrote:I don’t think any of these Corbin or Boyle fans will sleep tonight but gook luck Redhounds from an old Belfry Pirate. Bring that trophy back to Corbin and pray for injury free game for both teams.

Thanks man, appreciate it. we'll do our best to bring it back to the mountains. It wont be easy, Boyle is a solid team. But I think we'll take it. Our schedule the past couple of years have prepared us more I believe for this type game. Hopefully it pays off tomorrow. I'll be in the Blue lot tailgating if anyone wants to swing by and have a cold one:1:
Lake Trash Wrote:My intentions? Perhaps I was trying to save you the trouble of showing up and not being allowed entry? I mean your parking pass is your ticket. There is a chance they could tell you that your game doesn't start until 7:00 PM. On the other hand... ah never mind. Have at it! They are clearing the stadium between games.

not sure why you took my response that way... you didn't really explain yourself in the post, so there wasn't any animosity in my response... but if you want to to go that route... Have at it!

Do you think they are going to clear the parking lots as well as the stadium? I think showing up during the earlier game will be fine.
I don't think they'll clear the lots. There will be quite a few people who watch both games. Doesn't make sense to make them drive around the block just to come back in. That being said, a lot of people may eat between games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16