Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 36 - Corbin 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought that the Redhounds, with maybe some wishful thinking, would come out of there with a win tonight. Knew it would be tough on them, but I still think them and Belfry are within decimal points of one another.

Heads high Corbin!

Congrats Beechwood.
I am surprised by this.
Congrats to Beechwood
Had a feeling this could happen. Beechwood is tough at home, Corbin is banged up some right now.
All due respect to Beechwood, but the #1 team in 3A should not lose to a 1A team no matter how good they are....... Good luck if the Redhounds make it to Belfry for the 3A semifinals... you'll need it..

Belfry still the best team in 3A
Beechwood winning is no surprise, they're as good a 1A program as you'll find with the track record to prove it. With that being said, how well Beechwood was able to move the ball up and down the field is what I find surprising. Corbins defense has been the best I've seen in a long time up until tonight.
Why the continued post mentioning Belfry with every game Corbin plays? Will they not have to play Boyle Co.? Anyway Congrats to Beechwood.
Boyle co beat a very good Wayne team tonite easily
PRIDE101 Wrote:Why the continued post mentioning Belfry with every game Corbin plays? Will they not have to play Boyle Co.? Anyway Congrats to Beechwood.
very good point, it will take everything Corbin has to get past Boyle County if they are anything like they have been in many years recently! The Boyle program is a great program! Just ask Folks in Bell County about that bunch.....
Corbin had no answer for the Beechwood offense tonight and the offensive play calling seemed to be 1 step ahead of the Corbin defense the entire game. Need to watch the tape, make the necessary adjustments and move on to the next game.
Think the Boyle game would be title game
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:very good point, it will take everything Corbin has to get past Boyle County if they are anything like they have been in many years recently! The Boyle program is a great program! Just ask Folks in Bell County about that bunch.....

Boyle is on the western side of the bracket I think, can't possibly play them until the finals if either is lucky enough to get that far.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Why the continued post mentioning Belfry with every game Corbin plays? Will they not have to play Boyle Co.? Anyway Congrats to Beechwood.

No

Boyle is still on the other side of the bracket. Corbin gets Breathitt's district in the Regionals, and would travel to the winner of whoever survives Belfry vs. Central for the Semi's
I think Boyle is a shoe in for Lexington.
It's wide open on the other side.
Hard to think any team from this side of the bracket could be a favorite over the other
Corbins offense is not close to what it was last season. That said, theres plenty of time to fix it and with as weak as their district is Corbin will be able to experiment and tweak all they need to try to get it clicking before the playoffs. The big shocker though is how Beechwood was able to go up and down the field on Corbin's defense.
I warned everyone that Beechwood was tough at home. I'm a Russell boy and for years we had to play NKY teams in the playoffs hard to win in NKY. Beechwood generally has good size to even for a single A school.
This does not surprise me mountain guys.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Boyle is a shoe in for Lexington.
It's wide open on the other side.
Hard to think any team from this side of the bracket could be a favorite over the other

Etown is loaded.. they lost to a very good CAL team but they are definitely capable of beating Boyle out west
Get Corbin away from Corbin and they are not near as good.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:All due respect to Beechwood, but the #1 team in 3A should not lose to a 1A team no matter how good they are....... Good luck if the Redhounds make it to Belfry for the 3A semifinals... you'll need it..

Belfry still the best team in 3A

I don't know, I think sometimes people put just a little to much into the whole class thing. I mean what is the difference between a real strong 1a team and a real strong 3a team other then roster depth? It's not like 3a is getting athletes or coaching staff's of a higher caliber then 1a. If a team has a real strong conditioning program sometimes depth don't even matter as much. Also when a 1a program is real successful they sometimes have a roster that can match a 3a roster in depth, 1a or not I'm willing to bet Beechwood had just as good a numbers as Corbin. If you ask me 1a is pound for pound the strongest class in Kentucky right now and has been for a few years, but that's only my opinion.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:I warned everyone that Beechwood was tough at home. I'm a Russell boy and for years we had to play NKY teams in the playoffs hard to win in NKY. Beechwood generally has good size to even for a single A school.

Mayfield always thought the were real tough at home.
School size doesn't matter all that much.. just takes 11.. Johnson central could've won the 5a title last year and belfry could've won the 4a title.. Beechwood is Back
For those Corbin fans that said Beechwood was joke because they barely beat Somerset last week...I guess your feeling stupid now... Beechwood is a good solid team...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Etown is loaded.. they lost to a very good CAL team but they are definitely capable of beating Boyle out west

:truestory:
bop07475 Wrote:For those Corbin fans that said Beechwood was joke because they barely beat Somerset last week...I guess your feeling stupid now... Beechwood is a good solid team...

I think that speaks volumes as to how far Somerset has come over the past couple of years.
No doubt in my mind theyd be heavy favorites over Pulaski right now...
PRIDE101 Wrote:Get Corbin away from Corbin and they are not near as good.

Get Belfry away from West Virginia and they aren't nearly as good either 😎
[COLOR="Red"]Please stay on topic. This is the Corbin\Beechwood thread. If you want to start a thread about Belfry\Corbin, please feel free to do so.

Thanks![/COLOR]
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:very good point, it will take everything Corbin has to get past Boyle County if they are anything like they have been in many years recently! The Boyle program is a great program! Just ask Folks in Bell County about that bunch.....

They can be a thorn in your side for sure :argue:
BobcatForever Wrote:They can be a thorn in your side for sure :argue:

But you can ask anyone that's played them as well They don't call it TITLE TOWN FOR NOTHING!
People read too much into these early non district games. The difference was Beechwoods kicker. 9pts off long field goals. Credit to him, he's good and Beechwood will be hard to knock off. I said early in the week, theyre first 11 is pretty darn tough.

Sometimes being challenged and feeling the sting of defeat is a good thing. I'm anxious to see how Corbin responds.
Pages: 1 2 3