Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 36 - Corbin 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
mysonis55 Wrote:Before you go telling everyone just how good Beechwood is, watch the results of the game a week from Friday. On a neutral field, so both teams will have to travel. I just like how Beechwood all of a sudden became world beaters again now that someone moved out of their way. 7-0 is 7-0.

Blah, blah, blah .... you Mayfield guys must not have been shown enough love when you were little. Pretty funny how its always Mayfield bragging about beating Beechwood. You know .. .its kind of funny ... you come off as being a jealous, spoiled brat that Mommy is ignoring.

Pretty sure your teenage girl trolling has NOTHING to do with Beechwood vs Corbin.

*You don't hear about Beechwood people bragging about owning other teams.
*You don't see Beechwood bragging about being 7-0 against any team.
*You don't see Beechwood people CONSTANTLY GOING INTO OTHER TEAMS THREADS ... ON NUMEROUS SITES BRAGGING ABOUT BEATING OTHER TEAMS (You also don't see that from other historical powers like Belfry, Trinity, St. X, etc).

People have a ton of respect for the Mayfield program ... but their fans are the most arrogant, jerky, spoiled rotten little babies in Kentucky right now.

Beechwood gets some attention .... and your 2 year old mentality just can't stand it ... wah, wah, wah ... find the Beechwood threads and try to TELL everyone how great you are. Your program has the opportunity to be a model for class and doing things the right way. Yet your fans are the most arrogant, jerky spoiled rotten little babies in the state.

The word you are missing is CLASS. If you need a definition .... there is this new thing called a dictionary ... (Mayfield didn't invent it ... so you probably don't realize it exists) ... LOOK IT UP!

Seriously ... you would expect a team that was OWNED by another team for a LONGER PERIOD OF TIME to have a little more class (remember when DANVILLE OWNED YOU? It wasn't that long ago). I am a firm believer that Karma is a WITCH ... and for the sake of Coach Joe and the team ... I hope your fanbase learns some CLASS and HUMILITY (look that one up too!)

Good Luck ... and quit sounding like a 12 year old girl that didn't get a new dress for the Winter Formal.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Blah, blah, blah .... you Mayfield guys must not have been shown enough love when you were little. Pretty funny how its always Mayfield bragging about beating Beechwood. You know .. .its kind of funny ... you come off as being a jealous, spoiled brat that Mommy is ignoring.

Pretty sure your teenage girl trolling has NOTHING to do with Beechwood vs Corbin.

*You don't see Beechwood people CONSTANTLY GOING INTO OTHER TEAMS THREADS ... ON NUMEROUS SITES BRAGGING ABOUT BEATING OTHER TEAMS (You also don't see that from other historical powers like Belfry, Trinity, St. X, etc).

People have a ton of respect for the Mayfield program ... but their fans are the most arrogant, jerky, spoiled rotten little babies in Kentucky right now.

Beechwood gets some attention .... and your 2 year old mentality just can't stand it ... wah, wah, wah ... find the Beechwood threads and try to TELL everyone how great you are. Your program has the opportunity to be a model for class and doing things the right way. Yet your fans are the most arrogant, jerky spoiled rotten little babies in the state.

The word you are missing is CLASS. If you need a definition .... there is this new thing called a dictionary ... (Mayfield didn't invent it ... so you probably don't realize it exists) ... LOOK IT UP!

Seriously ... you would expect a team that was OWNED by another team for a LONGER PERIOD OF TIME to have a little more class (remember when DANVILLE OWNED YOU? It wasn't that long ago). I am a firm believer that Karma is a WITCH ... and for the sake of Coach Joe and the team ... I hope your fanbase learns some CLASS and HUMILITY (look that one up too!)

Good Luck ... and quit sounding like a 12 year old girl that didn't get a new dress for the Winter Formal.

He has the Napoleon complex.
I missed this one big time. BW is better than I thought, Corbin is human after all and Somerset is better than I have been giving them credit for
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Blah, blah, blah .... you Mayfield guys must not have been shown enough love when you were little. Pretty funny how its always Mayfield bragging about beating Beechwood. You know .. .its kind of funny ... you come off as being a jealous, spoiled brat that Mommy is ignoring.

Spoken like the fan of a team that wants to beat their chest about how tough they are after the competition is gone.
mysonis55 Wrote:Spoken like the fan of a team that wants to beat their chest about how tough they are after the competition is gone.

Yeah ... right ... pretty sure you are the TROLL who goes out of their way to post in Beechwood threads.

Find one Mayfield thread where a Beechwood fan has initiated a conversation about how great they are and I will NEVER post again.

You are the one who acts like a little girl because Beechwood gets a little attention here and there. Seriously ... it sounds like a really bad case of short mans disease ... you do kind of remind me of a midget with a Yo Yo ...

You have never seen a Beechwood person beat their chest ... you are just butt hurt because someone else other than Mayfield is getting some attention.
Corbin fans are entertaining with all their excuses, Beechnuts kicker was to good, hard to get up for a non-district game, to much spunk on the field, well boo hoo. How's this for an excuse, Beechnut is not very good Corbin is worse.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No

Boyle is still on the other side of the bracket. Corbin gets Breathitt's district in the Regionals, and would travel to the winner of whoever survives Belfry vs. Central for the Semi's
Sorry to get off topic but I wanted to clear this up. You are totally wrong on this subject. Boyle is on the western side of the 3a bracket with Central and Belfry and Corbin are on the east side. Boyle can only play Corbin or Belfry in the finals.
Paparazzi Wrote:Sorry to get off topic but I wanted to clear this up. You are totally wrong on this subject. Boyle is on the western side of the 3a bracket with Central and Belfry and Corbin are on the east side. Boyle can only play Corbin or Belfry in the finals.

I wish they hadn't done this cross bracketing stuff. This is the first year that I can remember that I couldn't tell you who will be visiting War Memorial after the first round. Is there anyone that really likes this idea? Just wondering.

Beechies need to relax. Corbin you lost to a pretty good 1a team. I'm sorry it had to happen. I wanted that first loss to come to the team you will play a week from this Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:I wish they hadn't done this cross bracketing stuff. This is the first year that I can remember that I couldn't tell you who will be visiting War Memorial after the first round. Is there anyone that really likes this idea? Just wondering.

Beechies need to relax. Corbin you lost to a pretty good 1a team. I'm sorry it had to happen. I wanted that first loss to come to the team you will play a week from this Friday.

I wanted there first loss to come the last week of November lol
:popcorn:

You wont see this over at the cow milkers
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::popcorn:

You wont see this over at the cow milkers

Huh?
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Yeah ... right ... pretty sure you are the TROLL who goes out of their way to post in Beechwood threads.

Find one Mayfield thread where a Beechwood fan has initiated a conversation about how great they are and I will NEVER post again.

You are the one who acts like a little girl because Beechwood gets a little attention here and there. Seriously ... it sounds like a really bad case of short mans disease ... you do kind of remind me of a midget with a Yo Yo ...

You have never seen a Beechwood person beat their chest ... you are just butt hurt because someone else other than Mayfield is getting some attention.
:hilarious:
mysonis55 Wrote:Huh?

I think hes referring to BGP. They use to have that saying on there when they would shut down the threads to non paying members. Havent seen that on there in a long time.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think that if Corbin and beechwood play this game ten times Corbin wins 6+. I felt that we were the better team, but they BY FAR played the better game. That's a good bunch of football players and they're very well coached. Keys to the game for me were special teams, line play, and discipline. The kid that kicks for beechwood is one heck of a weapon. He hit three field goals from 30+ yards out. Also think he caught a touchdown too.
Also have to give credit to the offensive line of beechwood. They were able to give the quarterback time to make the deep throws and opened up running lanes for the backs. Defensively numbers 56 and 70 were beasts. Made it tough on Corbin all night long. I think that beechwoods offensive line was possibly the best Corbin has faced or will face all season.

The biggest stat line of the game too me was 20-1 though. That's the difference in penalties called in the game. Corbin had 19 more penalties than beechwood. I don't say that to take anything away from the tigers, I say it to point out their discipline. I think all of the calls except for one were legitimate. I didn't think the personal foul when the kid went to the ground late was a great call, but it was bang-bang and I can't say that it was wrong for sure. Corbin put themselves behind the chains repeatedly. Hard to move the ball when it's first and 15+.

I also felt that Corbin looked really sluggish. I think the "let down" that everyone predicted against Pulaski county came a week late, that coupled with the long bus ride was MAY have been a difference maker. I do like the fact that Corbin kept fighting down two scores with less than two minutes left. They put one into the end zone when it would've been easy to lay down. There is a lot to learn from this loss but there is also a lot to build on.

Thanks to beechwood for being great hosts, and I would like to compliment you guys on a beautiful campus and field. I look forward to the game next year, and wish you all the best of luck.

20-1 in penalties, holy crap! You ain't winning any game like that, ref fault or your own team's mental breakdown. Sounds like an old Raiders stat line.
I think Corbin needed this loss. It never hurts to be "humbled", especially after being ranked #1 in 3A. Sometimes, being ranked #1 can make a team complacent and overconfident. Some players were probably "satisfied" with the #1 ranking, but at the end of the day, Haddix will not be satisfied until he brings home a championship. Good luck Hounds!!
Paparazzi Wrote:Sorry to get off topic but I wanted to clear this up. You are totally wrong on this subject. Boyle is on the western side of the 3a bracket with Central and Belfry and Corbin are on the east side. Boyle can only play Corbin or Belfry in the finals.

I am not wrong. I am 100% correct.

It's called cross bracketing.

Boyle can only play Belfry or Corbin in the Finals, but Central's District is ON THE EASTERN SIDE this season (how stupid is that?).

Russell's district is on the Western side this year.

https://khsaa.org/regional-football-cross-bracketing/

Next year Boyle's district moves to the Eastern side of the bracket and will be paired up with Belfry's district for the Region.

It is stupid... but it is what the KHSAA has set up.

It still amazes me that Russell, KY... about as far east as you can get in KY... is now in the Western Semi-State for the next two years. It won't happen, but imagine if Russell won their Region and Tilghman won their District? That is a 6 hour road trip for a Semi-Final game.
To break it down

2017:
Region 1
District 1 (Tilghman's District) vs. District 2 (Etowns District)

Region 2
District 4 (Boyle's District) vs. District 5 (Russell's District)

Region 3
District 3 (Central's District) vs. District 6 (Belfry's District)

Region 4
District 7 (Breathitt's DIstrict) vs. District 8 (Corbin's District)

2018:
Region 1
District 1 (Tilghman's District) vs. District 2 (Etowns District)

Region 2
District 3 (Central's District) vs. District 5 (Russell's DIstrict)

Region 3
District 4 (Boyle's District) vs. District 6 (Belfry's District)

Region 4
District 7 (Breathitt's DIstrict) vs. District 8 (Corbin's District)
mysonis55 Wrote:I wish they hadn't done this cross bracketing stuff. This is the first year that I can remember that I couldn't tell you who will be visiting War Memorial after the first round. Is there anyone that really likes this idea? Just wondering.

Mayfield's is easy.

They will be matched up with District 2 like it has been. The only place cross bracketing may effect Mayfield would be the Semi-Finals, but for the First 3 rounds it will go like you are used to.
Thank you. I hate this cross bracketing idea. Imagine a school with almost no funding, like Fulton City, having to drive to the east side of the state to get crushed. I think it's gonna lead to some forfeits.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you. I hate this cross bracketing idea. Imagine a school with almost no funding, like Fulton City, having to drive to the east side of the state to get crushed. I think it's gonna lead to some forfeits.

By and large they have done a fair job of making sure that scenario doesn't happen, specifically in the two smallest classes. With that said, it still doesn't make sense and you are still going to have long road trips only for running clocks.

The District with Walton-Verona for example is paired with CAL/DeSales. Walton-Verona may be able to hold their own, but the 3rd and 4th place teams will get crushed. You also have Glasgow's District playing NewCath's district.

The most glaring issue though is 3A with Belfry and Central's Districts paired.

I see no good that can come of Pike Central driving 4.5 hours to play at Central or Bardstown driving 4.5 hours fr Belfry to put a running clock on them. It also makes no sense for Belfry to go to Central for a Regional Title and essentially pass through two or three other Districts to get there.
It makes sense if you don't want the same teams playing for the title that's all it is they wanted somebody besides Belfry and Central playing for the Championship it's not a big deal except for the fans we got a lot of older people that like to go to the games it just made it were they will have to listen to it instead of watching it
""It still amazes me that Russell, KY... about as far east as you can get in KY... is now in the Western Semi-State for the next two years.""

Heck was Corbin in western side for about 10 years? They didn't even lose a district game.

Is there a post Hall of Fame? If so this needs immediate recognition. Maybe the best post in the history of the site!
jim rome Wrote:Corbin fans are entertaining with all their excuses, Beechnuts kicker was to good, hard to get up for a non-district game, to much spunk on the field, well boo hoo. How's this for an excuse, Beechnut is not very good Corbin is worse.

Then how would you describe Pulaski County? God awful?
HOFER Wrote:Then how would you describe Pulaski County? God awful?

Pulaski will be lucky to win 4 games and one in the playoffs
Beechnut makes a pretty good chew
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Pulaski will be lucky to win 4 games and one in the playoffs
That's a good season for Pulaski county. Sad...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am not wrong. I am 100% correct.

It's called cross bracketing.

Boyle can only play Belfry or Corbin in the Finals, but Central's District is ON THE EASTERN SIDE this season (how stupid is that?).

Russell's district is on the Western side this year.

https://khsaa.org/regional-football-cross-bracketing/

Next year Boyle's district moves to the Eastern side of the bracket and will be paired up with Belfry's district for the Region.

It is stupid... but it is what the KHSAA has set up.

It still amazes me that Russell, KY... about as far east as you can get in KY... is now in the Western Semi-State for the next two years. It won't happen, but imagine if Russell won their Region and Tilghman won their District? That is a 6 hour road trip for a Semi-Final game.

mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you. I hate this cross bracketing idea. Imagine a school with almost no funding, like Fulton City, having to drive to the east side of the state to get crushed. I think it's gonna lead to some forfeits.

footballfever Wrote:""It still amazes me that Russell, KY... about as far east as you can get in KY... is now in the Western Semi-State for the next two years.""

Heck was Corbin in western side for about 10 years? They didn't even lose a district game.

A version of this was tried before by the KHSAA in the early 1990's but was abruptly ended after only 1 year when Lawrence County had to travel to Mayfield. Louisa to Mayfield is over 400 miles apart. I believe that plan was nicknamed the Lawrence County rule or something like
Pages: 1 2 3