Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Beechwood 9/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
Offense comes alive in northern, Kentucky,,,,,:mop:

Corbin 42
Beechwood 10
Well I thought it might be a good game but after they just beat the bunnies 7 to 0 Corbin will come out with a W with no problem
Corbin 28-7
mysonis55 Wrote:Corbin 28-7

?? I'm
Shocked at this pick
Corbin fan here, but this won't be a blowout. Beechwood is still Beechwood and they will be prepared. I like Corbin in this one but it will be a close margin.
Corbin by 7
I'll take the Hounds.... They are on a mission.... 21-7
Hounds by a touchdown.
I think this will be a close game Beechwood is not a push over.... Corbin better come prepared...
Coach Haddix isn't afraid to play anyone, he's proved that this year. Beechwood at Beechwood, that's tough. Corbin headed down to the triangle to play the defending class A champion on their home field. Mayfield next week, now that's a schedule to get you ready for a deep playoff run. I'm not gonna' go by the 7-0 Somerset score, Beechwood at Beechwood will be tough. It goes to the wire, 21-14 Corbin.
Beechwood is a good, but far from great, 1A team. If Corbin is really the top 3A team in the state, then they will easily handle the Tigers on the road.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Beechwood is a good, but far from great, 1A team. If Corbin is really the top 3A team in the state, then they will easily handle the Tigers on the road.

This has nothing to do with the game but you may have the greatest name on BGR. I should change mine to Punky Morton.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Beechwood is a good, but far from great, 1A team. If Corbin is really the top 3A team in the state, then they will easily handle the Tigers on the road.

Completely disagree Hoot. There is a thing called tradition. Beechwood has won how many state titles? Beechwood is Beechwood, a northern Ky. football factory. I don't get how you down-play Corbin playing Beechwood. Some food for thought Hoot about Beechwood. 2016 State Champion, 2015 State Runner-Up, 2008 State Champion, 2007 State Champion, 2004 State Champion, 2003 State Runner-Up, I could keep going but I'd probably run out of room. Beechwood is Beechwood, I think it's a great game to go into their place, one of the most "tradition-rich" football programs in Northern Ky. history.Confusedhh:
F.N.L. Wrote:Completely disagree Hoot. There is a thing called tradition. Beechwood has won how many state titles? Beechwood is Beechwood, a northern Ky. football factory. I don't get how you down-play Corbin playing Beechwood. Some food for thought Hoot about Beechwood. 2016 State Champion, 2015 State Runner-Up, 2008 State Champion, 2007 State Champion, 2004 State Champion, 2003 State Runner-Up, I could keep going but I'd probably run out of room. Beechwood is Beechwood, I think it's a great game to go into their place, one of the most "tradition-rich" football programs in Northern Ky. history.Confusedhh:
This is not one of Beechwood's better teams. Highlands has a great tradition too, but that was not enough to save then from a 70-20 beating at the hands of a very strong Scott County team this weekend. Corbin should dominate the game against Beechwood, if the Hounds are as good as they have been billed.
I believe the Hounds ARE as good as they have been billed. I also believe they will win by a great margin against Beechwood.

This is just my opinion, but I believe the Bunnies should've won the other night. The weather was horrible, two TDs were called back for the Bunnies and the game ended with an interception on their goal line. So many details.....and if one changed it could change the entire game.

But it didn't and Beechwood gained a well deserved victory. Still.....I don't think they will be able to pull this one out against Corbin.
What's up with this weak schedule Corbin is playing ¿ Corbin has to be the favorite. Hounds by a touchdown to may big wins already and momentum. They must have a mindset that they can win any game by now
F.N.L. Wrote:Completely disagree Hoot. There is a thing called tradition. Beechwood has won how many state titles? Beechwood is Beechwood, a northern Ky. football factory. I don't get how you down-play Corbin playing Beechwood. Some food for thought Hoot about Beechwood. 2016 State Champion, 2015 State Runner-Up, 2008 State Champion, 2007 State Champion, 2004 State Champion, 2003 State Runner-Up, I could keep going but I'd probably run out of room. Beechwood is Beechwood, I think it's a great game to go into their place, one of the most "tradition-rich" football programs in Northern Ky. history.Confusedhh:

Maybe so they have been good over the years but this year it's going to be a Hazard or Paintsville that will be hosting the gold up this isn't Beechwood's team
Granny Bear Wrote:I believe the Hounds ARE as good as they have been billed. I also believe they will win by a great margin against Beechwood.

This is just my opinion, but I believe the Bunnies should've won the other night. The weather was horrible, two TDs were called back for the Bunnies and the game ended with an interception on their goal line. So many details.....and if one changed it could change the entire game.

But it didn't and Beechwood gained a well deserved victory. Still.....I don't think they will be able to pull this one out against Corbin.

No doubt that Beechwood has their hands full this week. Corbin has a very good team and is the favorite to win. However, please refresh my memory on the 2 TDs that Somerset had called back. Beechwood had a TD pass called back on a phantom holding call, that took them from 2nd and goal at the 9 to 2nd and goal from the 29. I don't recall any Somerset TD's being called back.

The weather was bad for both teams, and probably negated Beechwood's speed advantage.

And to your third point, the interception that was thrown by Somerset on the goaline, was thrown from the 35 yd line into double coverage and was picked off around the 5. It's not like Somerset was in the red zone knocking on the door when the pick occurred.
Beechwood is going to do things consistently and correctly; that is why they are always a good football team, they just don't make many mistakes. Corbin is probably the better team but by this thread people act like Somersets never seen a football. Jumpers are really good defensively, it will take a great defensive effort to beat the tigers, I think Corbin does it but it won't likely be a cake walk.
Corbin has a lot to prove for 3A.
If it's close it's because beechwoods defense stops Corbin. I'm predicting a low scoring game. 14-0 Corbin.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:No doubt that Beechwood has their hands full this week. Corbin has a very good team and is the favorite to win. However, please refresh my memory on the 2 TDs that Somerset had called back. Beechwood had a TD pass called back on a phantom holding call, that took them from 2nd and goal at the 9 to 2nd and goal from the 29. I don't recall any Somerset TD's being called back.

The weather was bad for both teams, and probably negated Beechwood's speed advantage.

And to your third point, the interception that was thrown by Somerset on the goaline, was thrown from the 35 yd line into double coverage and was picked off around the 5. It's not like Somerset was in the red zone knocking on the door when the pick occurred.

I wasn't at the game. I was being updated by a couple friends of mine from that game, plus half dozen other games were being texted to me.

It's entirely possible that I misunderstood and if I did, I sincerely apologize!
Tigers gonna have their paws full in this one.
Hounds - 21
Tigers - 7
Are 08 to 15 the dark years for Beechwood? Or is it just being on the same side of the bracket as Mayfield? How many of those years did they lose to Mayfield?
I was under the impression that beechwoods championship team had almost everything coming back this year. I expect them to be pretty good.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I was under the impression that beechwoods championship team had almost everything coming back this year. I expect them to be pretty good.

Beechwood lat quite a few seniors off last years team.
Hounds D is playing lights out Corbin 28 -7
E's Army Wrote:Are 08 to 15 the dark years for Beechwood? Or is it just being on the same side of the bracket as Mayfield? How many of those years did they lose to Mayfield?

That's an easy question for me to answer. 09, 10, 11, 12 and 14. Only one of those was real close.
I think Corbin handles this one easy.. two good teams that will probably be in Lexington in December.
Pages: 1 2