Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Beechwood 9/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Beechwood is tough but going with corbin this one
Corbin - 27

Beechwood - 20
Does Beechwood have grass or turf?
Corbin - 35
Beechwood - 7
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Does Beechwood have grass or turf?

Turf
This is the best pic I could find of their facility.
Corbin - 21

Beechwood - 7
They have turf. The Mayfield boys liked it. They said it makes them feel like race cars sprinting it at full speed. We hated setting on the same side though. Don't pay for parking. Park at Kroger and walk 100 feet through the path to the field.
Corbin should beat the brakes off of BW. Anything less would be disappointing. BW is a pretty good 1A team but the BW team this year is not a team that should be able to stay with the states top 3A team
Corbin won't be challenged until Mayfield
I feel like there is a lack of appreciation for Beechwood. They may be a 1A team but their first 11 is pretty daggone good. Nothing easy about going to Ft Mitchell.
Spread, maybe we can bring the measuring stick back over there to see how good that 11 is.
Big tale teller for the Redounds as they join Belfry traveling north this Friday. They will be carrying the banner for the mountains this Friday in Northern Kentucky. Hounds will have to be disciplined, patient, and physical to come out with a victory over Beachwood program that is a model of consistency. I don't know much about the Tigers or the Hounds. I'd feel better if this game was at home for Corbin. It's hard to pick against Beechwood at home.

Beechwood 28

Hounds: 27
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Maybe so they have been good over the years but this year it's going to be a Hazard or Paintsville that will be hosting the gold up this isn't Beechwood's team

Paintsville will be sitting at the house as usual .
mysonis55 Wrote:Spread, maybe we can bring the measuring stick back over there to see how good that 11 is.

:yawn:
Talked with a friend that works at Beechwood High school and he was saying that Beechwood hasn't lost a home opener in 6 years and not lost but 2 home opener since 1990..
There very confident that they will not lose this year.
People look at Beechwood and Corbin and see 3A #1 vs 1A #1 and think school size will make a difference. While yes, I do think Corbin is the better team, Beechwood is still Beechwood. The 3 hour ride can take it's toll on a team. The Tigers will be more than ready for Corbin on Friday night. It will not shock me to see Beechwood pull the slight upset.

Then again although I knew Corbin was the better team, my head told me that Pulaski would catch Corbin sleeping and riding a high after the big Alcoa win. Maybe Corbin is just that tough this year.

My heart says 28-7 Corbin
My head says 22-14 Hounds.

How many players does Beechwood play and what is their style? How is their Defense? I know it is hard to judge based on last week's game/conditions. I may have to make the drive over to watch my Hounds since I don't get to see them that often.
Heard some where that beechwood returns 8 starters on defense any 7 starters on offense from last season. They'll most likely win 1A again this year and they will be a very tough test for Corbin. I'm not gonna change my prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a game that is decided by special teams. Maybe as few as one or two points.
From what I remember about Beechwood, they play the style of offense that does well as long as they can keep you contained. But, if you have the speed to break containment, whoo nelly, it will be a long night for the Beechies. I don't think they play any closer than 3 scores to the hounds.
mysonis55 Wrote:From what I remember about Beechwood, they play the style of offense that does well as long as they can keep you contained. But, if you have the speed to break containment, whoo nelly, it will be a long night for the Beechies. I don't think they play any closer than 3 scores to the hounds.

Are you really that sold on the Hounds?
Corbin doesn't win this one then they won't win it all.
trooperman Wrote:Corbin doesn't win this one then they won't win it all.

The whole year doesn't ride on this game. Not many teams will look the same now as they do in November. Injuries, cohension, weather, players improving etc. a lot can change in 2 months with a football team.

This is a great opportunity for both squads.
Corbin 42
Beechwood 20
king360 Wrote:Corbin 42
Beechwood 20

Welcome to BGR. Whats it been, 5 years? Confusednicker:
Bring back all the old crew
Looks as if "Daddy duty" will prevent me from driving over to the game tonight. Is there any live feed of the game online or can you listen online? I remember trying to listen to the WKDP website for last year but it not working for me.
21-7 Corbin
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Heard some where that beechwood returns 8 starters on defense any 7 starters on offense from last season. They'll most likely win 1A again this year and they will be a very tough test for Corbin. I'm not gonna change my prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a game that is decided by special teams. Maybe as few as one or two points.
Hazard will beat Beechwood like a rented mule.
I think Corbin's depth will take its toll late in this game, but until then I expect Beechwood to match the Hounds.

CHS - 27
BHS - 14
i would guess a lot of you all on here are scratching your heads wondering what happened...
HAROLD Wrote:Looks as if "Daddy duty" will prevent me from driving over to the game tonight. Is there any live feed of the game online or can you listen online? I remember trying to listen to the WKDP website for last year but it not working for me.

Just and FYI as I know most Corbin fans don't know this for some reason, but you can now stream the radio broadcast of Corbin games on 99.5 KD Countrys website.
Pages: 1 2