Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Raceland 9/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins this game between the cross-county rivals? This should be a hard fought game and Raceland is going to have to come with it as Greenup will come to Ram Stadium fired up and looking for their first win against the Rams since 2010.
This one is a toss up for me. Greenup is better than I expected them to be and Grizzle and Co will come to Ram stadium with something to prove. It will be Scott's first trip to Raceland to stand on the visitors side so u know they will come in guns blazing. Raceland is starting to put a few little things together I think, but are a long ways away from making any type of playoff run, but will get there. Stopping GCS balanced offensive attack is the next big step. Taking the Rams at home in this one.

Rams 28
GC 21
Rams defense is really good , dalton Adkins is all of the field making plays, and they keeping offense in games right now , Raceland made a few adjustments this week that helped the run game that's gonna get better week by week . Greenup only scored 14 against Fleming it's gonna be tough sledding for them against Racelands D . Raceland 24- 12
Greenup will have to establish the run early if they want to be successful. For the first time in a long while, I feel our secondary is stronger as a unit than our front 7. I don't worry about the pass as Much as I do them trying to try to play the power game between the tackles. We are Becoming very opportunistic defensively and putting our offense in good places to score we just have to continue to get better on that side of the football.
Judging from the Ashland game and paintsville's game with hurricane West Virginia Riceland Paintsville or cut from a similar cloth. Strong enough defensively right now but the offense is just a little behind should make for an interesting District
Greenup looked pretty when they played Russell. This is a game that the Rams are going to have to come with it in because Greenup is hungry and really wants to beat Raceland to become the unofficial County champions. I think Salmons will have the Rams ready to play and I'll take Raceland in a close one.

Raceland 28
Greenup 24
Does Greenup have the run defense to force the Rams to rely on the passing game?
When they played Russell, with the exception of the second quarter, the Greenup defense kept Russell's offense in check for most of the game. Greenup isn't huge up front but they have some decent speed that can cause some problems if they blitz heavily. On offense they seemed reliant on big plays and momentum. In the third quarter against Russell, Greenup had the ball for most of the quarter and they wore down the Russell defense. They key for Raceland is not to allow Greenup to gain any momentum and to keep their fans out of the game. We also have to do better at tackling. There has been too much arm tackeling and allowing plays that should be a loss turn into big gains. Raceland needs to sustain long drives and keep the Greenup offense on the sideline for as long as possible. If they can do those things then they will win this game.
rooting for Raceland in this one. I see the Ram defense keeping it a low scoring game.

Raceland 21
Greenup 14
Looking at stats, they have one real workhorse at RB in Halstead, not very much with anyone else. Looks like Green gets some carries as well. What impresses me, at least on paper, is Sammons ability to spread the ball around. This game could become a chess match. Rams better come out with their heads on straight.
Gotta go with the rams by a couple scores
Taking the Rams 21-14.
The Rams will win this one, but it should be a very hard fought game. That is, if The Musketeers are still motivated after dropping the game to Fleming. We shall see.
Rams by 7
TOUGH ONE to pick! Greenup beat Russell and played Fleming to the wire 21-17. Fleming is solid this year. Ashland got beat pretty good by Harlan County who turned around and lost to Hazard. Ashland beat Raceland 14-0. Raceland handled Lawrence, who IMO is very comparable to Greenup, Greenup is a little better. I think it's going to be a close-close game. I'll take the Rams at home 28-22.
I want to say 1A Raceland win but something tell me Greenup will win on the road. :howdy::howdy::howdy Raceland Fans.

Greenup County 28
Raceland 21
Russell just got hammered by a bit very good Ironton , so the Russell win for geeenup is not a big deal at all
64 you need to have faith in Scotty's Rams
E's Army Wrote:64 you need to have faith in Scotty's Rams

Don't worry the rest of us Ram Fans always have faith. Should be a great game. I'd say will come down to the end.
Friday Night is JFL night. All the mini Rams will be there. I know they look forward this every year. Always makes for a big crowd. Should be a great night of football!
Greenup County 21-14
Raceland takes it by at least 2 TD's:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
Rams by eleventy billion!
Raceland 35
Greenup 14
Not gonna beat the RAMS @ home on JFL Night.
Green up 34 raceland 26
Greenup wasnt prepared mentally for a road game last week but I'd say Grizz will have his boys chomping at the bit for a win on his old home field. The Muskys looked out of sorts against Flemming but if they get their game back on track this week I'd give it to Greenup by 2 scores. Making them the unofficial county champs for 2017. Its all in how well they handle pressure which they did against Russell. They seem to want to show up in rivalry type situations. We will see Friday night.
Greenup wins by 10!
Profit Wrote:Greenup wasnt prepared mentally for a road game last week but I'd say Grizz will have his boys chomping at the bit for a win on his old home field. The Muskys looked out of sorts against Flemming but if they get their game back on track this week I'd give it to Greenup by 2 scores. Making them the unofficial county champs for 2017. Its all in how well they handle pressure which they did against Russell. They seem to want to show up in rivalry type situations. We will see Friday night.

Did you not see Russell get killed by a very average at best Ironton , Russell is 0-2 and soon to be 0-3 and if you Greenup or whoever thinks that was a good win your kidding yourself. . Geeenuo has plenty of talent their biggest hurdle in this game is themselves . Raceland wins and expects to win this game greenup cannot say the same .
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Did you not see Russell get killed by a very average at best Ironton , Russell is 0-2 and soon to be 0-3 and if you Greenup or whoever thinks that was a good win your kidding yourself. . Geeenuo has plenty of talent their biggest hurdle in this game is themselves . Raceland wins and expects to win this game greenup cannot say the same .
Greenup winning at Russell for the first time in school history is a "good win" no matter how you look at it.
Pages: 1 2