Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ Raceland 9/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greenup has all expectations of winning. QB vs Qb is a non comparison between the 2 schools. Offensively Greenup spreads the wealth around well, while Black is limited to his ability to throw down field. GC has a junior RB that is putting 90-100+ yd games in all 3 starts. Other than big plays on deep balls thrown GC's defense has been tight so far. All these factors make me lean toward a GC win by 2 TD's. The Dalton kid from Boyd Co will have to be covered and a couple other skill palyers that produce but GC's defense (ran by Armstrong) should be ready for whatever comes at them. Not a hater ...alot of good greenup kids on Racelands team.... Just Team matchups will give Greenup the upper hand.
Greenup County - 27

Raceland - 21
Raceland 20 Greenup 14
I'm going to take Greenup in this one. I think they'll want it more. They are on a mission. First time playing at Raceland with Grizzle, they'll have something to prove and I think it will come down to who wants it more. The Greenup kids have bought into what Grizzle is selling and they are eager to win. Should be a great game.
Profit Wrote:Greenup has all expectations of winning. QB vs Qb is a non comparison between the 2 schools. Offensively Greenup spreads the wealth around well, while Black is limited to his ability to throw down field. GC has a junior RB that is putting 90-100+ yd games in all 3 starts. Other than big plays on deep balls thrown GC's defense has been tight so far. All these factors make me lean toward a GC win by 2 TD's. The Dalton kid from Boyd Co will have to be covered and a couple other skill palyers that produce but GC's defense (ran by Armstrong) should be ready for whatever comes at them. Not a hater ...alot of good greenup kids on Racelands team.... Just Team matchups will give Greenup the upper hand.

Sorry we don't have Greenup kids, once you come to ramland your considered a RACELAND kid and your part of the family.
Went back and trying to figure out who you were referring to as Greenup kids. On Raceland's team. Maybe I'm overlooking a couple.
Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers. Historically its been an issue but minus a couple... your pretty much all raceland kids. Your QB does come from downtown Greenup. Alot of good kids in your program....Shouldve said Greenup County kids, because you are in Greenup County, last I checked.
Completely Disagree.... The Musketeers expect to win! There is a different mindset around Lloyd. Like I said before ... Greenup by 2 TDs!
Greenup county Not the same, Greenup is Greenup Russell is Russell and Raceland is Raceland. Damon has been at Raceland I believe for his entire varsity career. We don't get a lot of transfers jr or sr season. Kids that came from Boyd was a rare occasion. I'd say 99% of Raceland kids r in the program 6+ years. Greenup will be a hard team to beat. Rams r going to have to play best game thus far to win. Hope for no injuries and a hard fought game by both teams.
Pickin the Muskies in the upset. What a year for Greenup it would be to beat Russell and Raceland at home in the same year. Muskies come out fired up and play above there head shocking the whole county with a big win!

Muskies- 28

Rams- 24
I agree attitude has changed down in Lloyd. Grizzle has the muskies believing that they can be the best team in Greenup County. Its gonna be a real slobberknocker down in Ramland Friday. I wish I didn't have to work I'd drive in for this one.
if your gonna compare QB's let's compare not just point out what Damon can't do ( which your totally wrong on ) Damon is a threat to run greenup QB is not seems to shy away from contact . Deep ball all geenup does is throw screens and short passes Damon has had a few 50 plus TD passes you say he can't throw deep west carter would strongly disagree with you . Only thing that I see greenups QB has over Damon is he gets rid of the ball quicker to the screens and short passes . Compare the Defenses Racelands is much faster , DB's and safety's can cover and Dalton Adkins is everywhere and will put a hit on you , Racelands linebackers are small but very quick and aggressive , this is a TEAM sport so for someone just to compare on position is just silly probably something daddy would do . Kids can have good games and do but good coaches will not allow 1 player to beat a TEAM and that's good news for greenup bc without a doubt Dalton Adkins will be the best overall player on the field Friday night
I have told Scott multiplentimes, I hope he goes 14-1 and wins the state championship, with one loss, to the Rams. Scott has indeed changed the way people look and think about football in Lloyd. I couldn't be prouder and happier for him. Greenup is vastly improved and I expect a more competitive game this year. That being said, the Russell win is a quality win, atleast for the psyche of the program and team. But right now, I have no clue how good any of the local teams are. I'm goina say "solid" at best. That's why I have trouble saying that beating Russell is a HUGE win, atleast whwn trying to decide how good greenup is. The same way that beating Lawrence County is a solid win. (Everyone in Louisa was saying this was goina be a special year for the Dawgs). But that doewnt seem to be the case. So its hard to gauge how good these schools are. Flemming didn't impress me in the Grid, and Raceland is a far better football team than they were then. Greenup looked poised against Russell and had a very short turn around against Flemming, couple that with almost everyone in Lloyd looking ahead to this game, I'm sure it played a roll in GCs play against Flemming. All this into consideration, looking at both teams strengths and weaknesses, I think Greenup has the more polished Offense, but Raceland defends the pass well and gets good pressure on the QB. As long as the Rams wrap up on the edges I think Raceland wins this one by a few scores. It's goina be a great atmosphere tomorrow night that's for sure. Good luck to both squads.
Ok I guess I need to clearify, greenup beating Russell is a good moral victory , one they can look back at in a couple of years and say hey we beat Russell at Russell , what I'm saying is it's not a win against a quality team they lost a ton from last year and lost their best player in the grid , Russell starts 3 freshman . So yes great moral victory but no Russell is not a good win against a quality team
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ok I guess I need to clearify, greenup beating Russell is a good moral victory , one they can look back at in a couple of years and say hey we beat Russell at Russell , what I'm saying is it's not a win against a quality team they lost a ton from last year and lost their best player in the grid , Russell starts 3 freshman . So yes great moral victory but no Russell is not a good win against a quality team
Agreed
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I have told Scott multiplentimes, I hope he goes 14-1 and wins the state championship, with one loss, to the Rams. Scott has indeed changed the way people look and think about football in Lloyd. I couldn't be prouder and happier for him. Greenup is vastly improved and I expect a more competitive game this year. That being said, the Russell win is a quality win, atleast for the psyche of the program and team. But right now, I have no clue how good any of the local teams are. I'm goina say "solid" at best. That's why I have trouble saying that beating Russell is a HUGE win, atleast whwn trying to decide how good greenup is. The same way that beating Lawrence County is a solid win. (Everyone in Louisa was saying this was goina be a special year for the Dawgs). But that doewnt seem to be the case. So its hard to gauge how good these schools are. Flemming didn't impress me in the Grid, and Raceland is a far better football team than they were then. Greenup looked poised against Russell and had a very short turn around against Flemming, couple that with almost everyone in Lloyd looking ahead to this game, I'm sure it played a roll in GCs play against Flemming. All this into consideration, looking at both teams strengths and weaknesses, I think Greenup has the more polished Offense, but Raceland defends the pass well and gets good pressure on the QB. As long as the Rams wrap up on the edges I think Raceland wins this one by a few scores. It's goina be a great atmosphere tomorrow night that's for sure. Good luck to both squads.

As an unbiased fan (not a Raceland or Greenup fan) I can honestly say that I was way more impressed with Greenup County. But, it is hard to use the grid to judge teams. Teams don't really "game plan" for the grid. Just going by what I saw based on team strengths and weaknesses, I think Greenup is the better team. Does that mean they will win? No. Raceland is a quality team and is use to winning big ball games. Greenup is an improving team and has to prove they can win the big ones.
i gota go with the AMS on this one

South Greenup 34
Greenup 30
Didn't know scrappy was alive let alone the ability to pick the RAMS lol
Honestly this game makes me nervous. I think we can beat Greenup but this is going to be a game of who wants it more and who executes better. Grizzle knows the offensive tendencies of the Rams very well and that could be the deciding factor in this game. Defensively I look for Greenup to play tight between the tackles and to play the receivers close to take away the short passing game. This is where we need to be more creative offensively and throw some different looks to keep the defense off balance.

Raceland needs to punch Greenup out in the first quarter like they did against Lawrence County. If the Rams allow Greenup to gain momentum in this game then they could be in trouble. I think Raceland is the better team but the difference is not as it has been in past and Greenup is more than capable of winning this game. If Raceland plays lights out like they did in against Lawrence then they could win big. But if we have to do a better job at tackling, protecting the football because those have been the weaknesses of this team that could very well cost them tomorrow night.
28-14 Greenup county
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ok I guess I need to clearify, greenup beating Russell is a good moral victory , one they can look back at in a couple of years and say hey we beat Russell at Russell , what I'm saying is it's not a win against a quality team they lost a ton from last year and lost their best player in the grid , Russell starts 3 freshman . So yes great moral victory but no Russell is not a good win against a quality team

I always thought a moral victory was when a lesser team came close or should have beaten a better team. Russell is not better than Greenup this year. No size, no depth, no team speed, and no playmakers. Greenup was the better team, they were the victors. They won, so no moral victory needed. Actual wins go in the left side of the column, noy moral ones.
mightydog Wrote:I always thought a moral victory was when a lesser team came close or should have beaten a better team. Russell is not better than Greenup this year. No size, no depth, no team speed, and no playmakers. Greenup was the better team, they were the victors. They won, so no moral victory needed. Actual wins go in the left side of the column, noy moral ones.

I always thought I should read the entire thread before I say something stupid like you just did but hey thanks for your genius observation!!! That's exactly what I said earlier Russell is Down way down greenup was better and beating them is not a quality win , their reply was beating Russell at Russell for the first time was a great win that's why I called it a moral victory.
RAMS by 2 touchdowns or more. Red Devil win in OT isn't as good as it looks.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Didn't know scrappy was alive let alone the ability to pick the RAMS lol
alive an well scotty. just not much to watch in westweed these days. love my single A district 6 teams. best lil district in the state
I'm sick of all this....Greenup Co kids at Raceland.I would say in 20 years there hasn't been 10 kids transfer to Raceland from Muskaturd land!! Damon has been at Raceland a long time.I think his whole life...could be wrong but I went to school with his dad and his uncle at Raceland so leave the kid alone! If the Muskaturds when I guess us Ram fans can complain that you won with a Raceland kid as your coach!!! You won't hear that from Raceland fans though!! We won't make excuses if we get beat!!!Good luck to both teams...
28-20 Raceland
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I'm sick of all this....Greenup Co kids at Raceland.I would say in 20 years there hasn't been 10 kids transfer to Raceland from Muskaturd land!! Damon has been at Raceland a long time.I think his whole life...could be wrong but I went to school with his dad and his uncle at Raceland so leave the kid alone! If the Muskaturds when I guess us Ram fans can complain that you won with a Raceland kid as your coach!!! You won't hear that from Raceland fans though!! We won't make excuses if we get beat!!!Good luck to both teams...

I agree 100%. I do however think, that letting Grizzle slip away was a major loss for the program
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. I do however think, that letting Grizzle slip away was a major loss for the program

I disagree for the moment, hoof was the best thing for nathaniel and Damon both maybe after hoof retires I'll change my mind but for now it was a great thing
Pages: 1 2